Players that may leave before transfer window closes

If someone was interested in Rhodes I'd do anything to get rid of the 40k a week wage. We'd sign 2 better strikers for that money. 

Westwood has to be be priority also, earning a fortune for literally nothing in return. That's another top keeper wage available if we can get rid. 

Reach, on the whole, has been a dissapoinment for me. Has he got anything left to offer in our 5-3-2 system? I'd say probably not, any offer of £1m plus I'd take and free up another good wage for a natural wing back. 

Bannan is a difficult one for me, consistently our go to player for any good passing and movement and creativity. Yet he's so lightweight and contributes to the fact that we get bullied in Midfield so often. With 1 year left on his contract I'd listen to any offers and reluctantly let him go if the deal was right and a replacement available. Big ifs. 

Lees, I've really loved watching over the years and with Westwood commanding the back four he often looked destined for bigger and better things. However take the command of Westwood away and give it to Lees (captain he is not) and things have gone pair shaped. We'd not get a lot for him but I'd consider any offer if we got one. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gurujuan said:

In Bannan and Brown we have two thirds of an excellent midfield. Can any of the current squad complete the three? Luongo or Pelupessy could do a job, but are not quite right, and I’m not sure which role the new lad plays. From afar, it looks to me as if we need a Hutch type to make up the perfect three in the middle.

A big bullying midfielder? 

Who'd have thought that's what we need lol

12 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

What a load of tosh.  He's got plenty of character. Bravery isn't all about tackling people hard. He carried the team under Jos and effectively stopped us being relegated. 

Fair enough 🤔

Theres more to character than just bravery though. I’m thinking about how motivated they are, can they get the best out of others, can they lead by example, do they hide when the going gets tough? Can the rise to the challenge!

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Maybe his stock is still high enough for us to get a small fee for him, but it’s unlikely to be anywhere near what we paid for him Could try and look for some sort of player swap, if it’s true that Boro want him back

Fletcher? 

We ideally need a new ball winning cm. Someone with a bit of tenacity... As well as a few other signings.. regarding players leaving us, unless we're willing to accept pittance so the buying club can bridge the gap in wages I can't see anyone leaving. Who's going to leave for 20k (about the going rate for many players we have) when they're on 40k. Tin hat on.. I'd like to see bannan leave, think he's also one of few sellable assets, but can't help thinking he's a busted flush, last season he was pretty poor.. 

1 hour ago, Hillsboromassive said:

We ideally need a new ball winning cm. Someone with a bit of tenacity... As well as a few other signings.. regarding players leaving us, unless we're willing to accept pittance so the buying club can bridge the gap in wages I can't see anyone leaving. Who's going to leave for 20k (about the going rate for many players we have) when they're on 40k. Tin hat on.. I'd like to see bannan leave, think he's also one of few sellable assets, but can't help thinking he's a busted flush, last season he was pretty poor.. 

I wouldn’t mind Bannan going either. He slows up too many attacks and he doesn’t score enough goals. 

From what I have seen of Izzy Brown I don't think a central midfield of Bannan, Brown and another would be strong enough.

With a year to run on his contract and under the current circumstances if a decent bid came in for Bannan I would let him go.  He has been a great signing but maybe the time has come to build a team without Barry.

20 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

From what I have seen of Izzy Brown I don't think a central midfield of Bannan, Brown and another would be strong enough.

With a year to run on his contract and under the current circumstances if a decent bid came in for Bannan I would let him go.  He has been a great signing but maybe the time has come to build a team without Barry.

I’m the opposite, but it depends on the another. A midfield of Bannan, Brown and a Hutchinson type, would be one of the better midfields in the division

28 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

I wouldn’t mind Bannan going either. He slows up too many attacks and he doesn’t score enough goals. 

Yep.. slows the pace of the game (usually when we're on the attack) at stupid and pointless times.. defensively he goes missing yet has the audacity to throw his arms up in the air.. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, We are all Wednesday said:

Always like Lees when he has the right player next to him and is fit! - keep as long as he‘s on the right money!

Lees is garbage, he just ambles around like a lost child. Might as well put one of the cardboard cut outs on the pitch.

On 20/08/2020 at 10:07, Emilianenko said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if Bannan and Reach were sold or used in a swap deal to suit our purpose.

We could swap Bannan for any one of the ten thousand players in the game who can are capable of landing corner kicks over the first defender. That would be a tremendous improvement.

• Like 1