Beattie's Influence On Strikers

Hopefully Beattie has spotted a couple of cheap strikers with the right raw materials for him to coach. He must know plenty out there.

I don’t want anybody getting upset when Monk calls him “Beats” in his next press conference 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Nobody should be under any illusions that the appointment of Beattie will be some sort of magic bullet which will instantly sort all of our shortcomings, but if he can replicate the impact he's had on other strikers in the past, then we might just start to put our chances away with a bit more regularity, rather than having the fourth highest shots per goal ratio in the division as we did last season.

There's every reason to be hopeful...

Chris Wood went from scoring 4 Championship goals in 13/14, 0 in 14/15, and 13 in 15/16, to scoring 27 under Monk and Beattie in 16/17.

When asked about Beattie's influence, he said:

“There are tricks of the trade only strikers know about. James knows a lot of them. He’s been instrumental, on the mental side as well as the game side.

The stuff I’m learning I wish I’d learned when I was 18, but it’s better than learning it when I’m 30."

Similarly, Che Adams went from scoring 7 Championship goals in 16/17 and 5 in 17/18 to scoring 22 under Monk and Beattie in 18/19.

On Beattie, he said:

“Since James Beattie has come in he has been amazing, he has been a top, top striker and knows what to do.

He is helping all the attacking players with movement, patterns of play and what to do.”

Fingers crossed, eh?

Now all he needs are some strikers to work his magic on...

What do you think you are doing?

The miseries on here were already reeling and then you go and post this positive thread, talk about rubbing salt in the wound!

We only want to hear testimonies that highlight how bad our new backroom staff are please.

18 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Perhaps Jordan Rhodes needs some positivity in his life. Constant criticism doesn't help. Managers who didn't play to his strengths (I know it's been said before) have been a problem. 

Yes he's slow, but perhaps his brain gets him into positions to score if the ball is put in the right place. We will never know if there has been coordination between coaches, tactics and the rest of the team. Perhaps the 3 wise men will sort it out. 

Wouldn't we all want Rhodes scoring for fun again for SWFC. 

Our sun will go supernova in about 10 billion years. I suspect that the last words heard on Earth before it is consumed will be someone STILL making excuses for Jordan Rhodes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, dobbo said:

What do you think you are doing?

The miseries on here were already reeling and then you go and post this positive thread, talk about rubbing salt in the wound!

We only want to hear testimonies that highlight how bad our new backroom staff are please.

Sorry.

I'll try to find something negative.

Er...he once p*ssed the bed at Billy Sharp's house, apparently.

Actually, I'm not sure that's a negative.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

Two things with Beatty, he seems to have a decent reputation, so maybe that will help bringing in some young loaners, and hopefully he will have been spending his gardening leave having a look at what’s available. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Nobody should be under any illusions that the appointment of Beattie will be some sort of magic bullet which will instantly sort all of our shortcomings, but if he can replicate the impact he's had on other strikers in the past, then we might just start to put our chances away with a bit more regularity, rather than having the fourth highest shots per goal ratio in the division as we did last season.

There's every reason to be hopeful...

Chris Wood went from scoring 4 Championship goals in 13/14, 0 in 14/15, and 13 in 15/16, to scoring 27 under Monk and Beattie in 16/17.

When asked about Beattie's influence, he said:

“There are tricks of the trade only strikers know about. James knows a lot of them. He’s been instrumental, on the mental side as well as the game side.

The stuff I’m learning I wish I’d learned when I was 18, but it’s better than learning it when I’m 30."

Similarly, Che Adams went from scoring 7 Championship goals in 16/17 and 5 in 17/18 to scoring 22 under Monk and Beattie in 18/19.

On Beattie, he said:

“Since James Beattie has come in he has been amazing, he has been a top, top striker and knows what to do.

He is helping all the attacking players with movement, patterns of play and what to do.”

Fingers crossed, eh?

Now all he needs are some strikers to work his magic on...

Could he do someat with Nuhui....doubt it..!!!

Really pleased to see monk get his own staff and especially the appointment of James Beattie. It's shame it's taken so long. Feels we could have done with these guys last season but oh well, they're here now

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, poite said:

Really pleased to see monk get his own staff and especially the appointment of James Beattie. It's shame it's taken so long. Feels we could have done with these guys last season but oh well, they're here now

Chansiri wasn't willing to pay any compensation to Birmingham, apparently. 

:rolleyes: