Stuart Gray

It's always interesting whenever this debate rolls round. I think it's fairly well known that Gray is a top coach, I've heard a number of players who have worked under him say it. I do think he seems to suit coaching more than being the top man.

It is a fair argument that he had to play the way we did under him, especially in 14/15 due to what he had available. Also working with that pitch, it was no wonder we were better away from home. I'd have liked to have seen what he did with the budget Carlos had but do I think we'd have made the Play Offs? I don't think so.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ruscol85 said:

Twice promoted as assistant manager at Fulham. Acknowledged as being a massive influence in that team. Not good enough for Wednesday though apparently 😂😂😂

Him and Jokanovic are a partnership made in heaven.

If there was a chance of replacing Monk and Bullen with these 2 then we would be in very capable hands and would be the catalyst for a big push in the right direction, as such.

• Like 1

Because someone has been promoted twice as an ASSISTANT MANAGER (also relegated once), that must mean Wednesday f**ked up getting rid of him when he was our manager? :laugh:

If you read a few replies in this thread especially on the first page, you’d think Liverpool and City were touting Stuart Gray as their next manager.

56 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

It's always interesting whenever this debate rolls round. I think it's fairly well known that Gray is a top coach, I've heard a number of players who have worked under him say it. I do think he seems to suit coaching more than being the top man.

It is a fair argument that he had to play the way we did under him, especially in 14/15 due to what he had available. Also working with that pitch, it was no wonder we were better away from home. I'd have liked to have seen what he did with the budget Carlos had but do I think we'd have made the Play Offs? I don't think so.

Totally agree with the first paragraph.

As for the 2nd paragraph, I think it was the right time to replace him as manager, he should definitely have been kept on in a coaching capacity and we missed a trick with that.

26 minutes ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

How do we know Stuart Gray is a good coach? 

Because he saved us from certain relegation one season and then got us to mid-table the next.

With a team that on paper should have been down near the bottom of the league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carbone said:

Because someone has been promoted twice as an ASSISTANT MANAGER (also relegated once), that must mean Wednesday f**ked up getting rid of him when he was our manager? :laugh:

If you read a few replies in this thread especially on the first page, you’d think Liverpool and City were touting Stuart Gray as their next manager.

Saved us from the drop, though.

If the incumbent had been in charge we wouldn't have had a chance.

7 hours ago, ruscol85 said:

Twice promoted as assistant manager at Fulham. Acknowledged as being a massive influence in that team. Not good enough for Wednesday though apparently 😂😂😂

Agree he seems to have done a great job at Fulham but hindsight is a wonderful thing. I didn't hear anyone saying I wish Stuart Gray was here at any point of the first season without him (or the second), it was deemed a brilliant decision to bring carlos in. Fast forward a few years and Stuart gray is the man we should have stuck with and DC was wrong.

DC has been wrong on many things, I think we all were on this. As I say, hindsight.