Stuart Gray

11 hours ago, pocklington owl said:

Gray not a manager only a assistant’monk is a fool and a useless one at that he couldn’t even be a assistant fool because he’s the no1 fool .MONK OUT 

Stick your name in the hat then you disrespectful ass clown. Stick your managerial CV on here for footballs most knowledgeable to dissect. 

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Stuart Gray wasn't assistant manager when he got the chop he was head coach.

Yes I know that, I think you've missed my point, some in here are seeing that he's done well as an assistant manager at Fulham and are suggesting we made a mistake getting rid of him as our head coach/manager, and I'm saying it's bizarre logic to suggest that because he's been a good assistant, that's a reason we should have kept him on as head coach/manager

1 minute ago, Carbone said:

Yes I know that, I think you've missed my point, some in here are seeing that he's done well as an assistant manager at Fulham and are suggesting we made a mistake getting rid of him as our head coach/manager, and I'm saying it's bizarre logic to suggest that because he's been a good assistant, that's a reason we should have kept him on as head coach/manager

Yes but he also did well here as head coach. 
We were in the relegation places when he took over, got us comfortably to stay up and a stable mid table season afterwards all a pretty low budget. I think that deserves some respect. 80% of managers over last 30 years we have gone backwards under.
Yes it was unexciting to watch at times but that was probably dictated to by the budget.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Did you just make that up?

I think they is some truth in that Gray was let go because he was unhappy at how transfers were going to be dealt with once Chansiri took over.

Before Gray was in charge of transfers and recruitment (No doubt having to get a green light from Manderic first) and afterwards he had no or little say in who was incoming. I think that is what happened.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think they is some truth in that Gray was let go because he was unhappy at how transfers were going to be dealt with once Chansiri took over.

Before Gray was in charge of transfers and recruitment (No doubt having to get a green light from Manderic first) and afterwards he had no or little say in who was incoming. I think that is what happened.

So it was Grays decision to be sacked then.

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Not exactly but think Gray did not agree with having no say in players coming to the club.
This its been stated that he did not know about Bus and Melo coming to the club until they arrived.

I think it's as simple as Gray you are out. Carlos you are in.

46 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

If stories of how Chansiri does things are to be believed then I can honestly see some truth in this, sadly this is the reason the club will never ever be successful under him unless he changes his ways.

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Your not far off there or so I’m lead to believe .

Stuart Gray, when he was here, stated he was a coach, not a manager.  A good coach too, I would say. 

He said he just wanted to be on the training field with his tracksuit on.  Not sat in an office sorting out scouts reports or trying to buy and sell players.  

I think Carlos was in a similar mould. A good motivator who knew his players strengths. 

And we sacked them both.  

1 minute ago, Lincs Owl said:

Stuart Gray, when he was here, stated he was a coach, not a manager.  A good coach too, I would say. 

He said he just wanted to be on the training field with his tracksuit on.  Not sat in an office sorting out scouts reports or trying to buy and sell players.  

that would have suited us perfectly with the way we do recruitment/scouting at the club!

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Carbone said:

It really isn't/wasn't.

Success as an assistant manager does not mean guaranteed success as a manager. Sorry but why does that even need explaining.

It really was.

He was head coach anyway, he did a great job on absolutly nothing, even if he remained at the club in some capacity it would have been a bonus but instead he went to a club that has got 2 promotions in 5 years with his help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carbone said:

No I think you have missed the point ....Stuart Gray is a coach and a very well respected name in the game, I spoken to a few players that have said that too.

Why is it bizarre logic to want the best to stay at a club? 

Bizarre logic would be to remove them ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

No I think you have missed the point ....Stuart Gray is a coach and a very well respected name in the game, I spoken to a few players that have said that too.

Why is it bizarre logic to want the best to stay at a club? 

Bizarre logic would be to remove them ?

Not sure at the time you wanted him to stay mate lol

Capture.JPG

8 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Not sure at the time you wanted him to stay mate lol

Capture.JPG

I never wanted him as manager though, I always said that as a coach he would have been an excellent choice. 

It's easy to go back five years or so and pick one of the biggest disappointing games like the Charlton FA game to try and support your argument though.

That game was spineless, and the subs in that game was wrong for me ( leeds) that said when the dust had settled over all Gray did a decent job on very little.

Edit* lets all remember as well Gray was trying hard not to get beat or concede much at home, he had little to work on, yes it was frustrating at the time but his hands was tied.

Edited by TaxiMark
  • Like 1