OK, Managers names who you think will DEFFINATELY come

4 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

The big draw should be the fact that whoever comes in has a chance to build a team now

Yes, if he was appointed today, he would have six weeks to rebuild that squad. Of course the window will remain open until October, but can you imagine starting the season with only our current options 

There is also the uncertainty of a possible points deduction, either this season, or next, and also an embargo of some sort. I believe we do need someone else in charge of the rebuild, but it’s a bit of a poisoned chalice 

1 hour ago, Hughdowd said:

To get the fans back on his side ....Chansiri HAS to sack Monk........

DC is too easily swayed by the fans. He needs to get someone in charge at the top and build downwards.

9 hours ago, Royal_D said:

If Monk goes id put huge money on Tony Pulis rocking up 

You know what, I’d take that right now.

Pulis succeeded Monk at Middlesbrough, so he is used to clearing up his damage.

Did a decent job to get them into the playoffs in 2018 IMO.

Paul Cook or Ryan Lowe.

I'm thinking either could be a realistic target if Monk is to leave.

Whoever is given the job needs backing completely and given time.

It may well get worse for us before it gets better but for once we need to introduce a clear plan of how we can move forward on and off the pitch.

1 hour ago, agentwalker said:

The big draw should be the fact that whoever comes in has a chance to build a team now

With tight FFP restrictions to adhere to and a potential transfer embargo hanging over us, it doesn’t have the same appeal.

This isn’t the exciting project that Carvalhal inherited in 2015.  Those days are over.

We will be shopping in the bargain bins for the foreseeable future.

Chansiri’s mismanagement has left us down 4 snookers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jim said:

Rightly or wrongly, I think as a manager you have to have a rapport with your club's fan base. This rapport will probably buy you a bit of time when you go through a sticky patch. It also helps if fans can see an identity being developed. All this has been missing with regards to the current manager, now he's saying he wants this connection. I think his ship has sailed and it's time to bring in a manager with a Wednesday connection or at least someone who understands the club and fan base better?

That doesn’t win anything. Bring in a manager with pedigree and credibility, back him without breaking the bank again. Let him build something good over a season or two and then we’ll all get behind him. We want success we don’t want more excuses. The only one that fits your description is Pearson and he said he won’t manage in Sheffield.

14 minutes ago, Danish said:

Paul Cook or Ryan Lowe.

Both currently in employment elsewhere.

Lowe is managing a team heading in the right direction.

Wigan have just been relegated, but given their end of season form he might take the view that it's better sticking with what he's got than taking a career risk by coming here.

37 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Noooooooooooooo

36 minutes ago, Danish said:

Paul Cook or Ryan Lowe.

I'm thinking either could be a realistic target if Monk is to leave.

Whoever is given the job needs backing completely and given time.

It may well get worse for us before it gets better but for once we need to introduce a clear plan of how we can move forward on and off the pitch.

Reading the runes Dave - i`d say your not a fan of the DC/  Mcarthy  axis. I`ve got another feeling that you may find events will give you cause for dark thoughts of sailing off across the lake in a burning bait boat:duntmatter: 

Needs someone whose going to run the whole thing, take full control, like Bruce did. 

The club has shown it can't effectively be run from the other side of the world with little executive structure in place. 

Monk doesn't fit that profile, he doesn't even have his own coaching team. 

1 minute ago, striker said:

Needs someone whose going to run the whole thing, take full control, like Bruce did. 

The club has shown it can't effectively be run from the other side of the world with little executive structure in place. 

Monk doesn't fit that profile, he doesn't even have his own coaching team. 

That is a solid option, but the other option, and one that might appeal to the chairman, is an overseas coach, someone who is happy to work the players he is given, and to improve them

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That is a solid option, but the other option, and one that might appeal to the chairman, is an overseas coach, someone who is happy to work the players he is given, and to improve them

I'd agree, if we had someone running the club on a daily basis. 

Otherwise, where is the oversight on recruitment to develop a coherent plan. Some may say this was the Carlos model, but we saw players brought in who never played because he didnt want them, contributing to significant overspend and 3 years of FFP pain. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, striker said:

Otherwise, where is the oversight on recruitment to develop a coherent plan. Some may say this was the Carlos model, but we saw players brought in who never played because he didnt want them, contributing to significant overspend and 3 years of FFP pain. 

Yes that’s the danger

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Exactly, without that we are just going round in circles. 

• Like 1