OK, Managers names who you think will DEFFINATELY come

Chansiri should be on the phone tomorrow to Hughton, Pearson and McCarthy, to see if any of them are genuinely interested in the job. And, I wouldn't be surprised if Dean Smith was out of a job this time next week, even if Villa stay up.

I'd prefer Paul Cook, but Chansiri only seems to go for unemployed managers.

• Thanks 1

Rightly or wrongly, I think as a manager you have to have a rapport with your club's fan base. This rapport will probably buy you a bit of time when you go through a sticky patch. It also helps if fans can see an identity being developed. All this has been missing with regards to the current manager, now he's saying he wants this connection. I think his ship has sailed and it's time to bring in a manager with a Wednesday connection or at least someone who understands the club and fan base better?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Rightly or wrongly, I think as a manager you have to have a rapport with your club's fan base. This rapport will probably buy you a bit of time when you go through a sticky patch. It also helps if fans can see an identity being developed. All this has been missing with regards to the current manager, now he's saying he wants this connection. I think his ship has sailed and it's time to bring in a manager with a Wednesday connection or at least someone who understands the club and fan base better?

Wrong thread again mate!

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Jim said:

I think that picture might be prophetic? Look who's in the background and I don't mean Barney Owl?

You might be right, but Megson knew how to pick decent players though, didn't he...

Thats the biggest part of the battle.

• Like 1

Javier Aguirre    fits our criteria quite well 

Foreign manger who's not all that well known

Doesn't tend to stick around more than a season or two at most

Averages around 1.6 points per game over the course of his management career 

And he's a without a job now 

Edited by westy365owl