Game plan tonight?

4 minutes ago, erowl said:

We hardly got out first half as kept spunking the ball back to em.

I thought the wing backs were 2 of the better players on the night but don't dress it up as we were pushing them back ... especially first half we were too deep.

Are you saying Wildsmith didn't lump it first half?

No I'm not.

Read the post. 

I'm saying, quite clearly, the game plan wasn't to hoof it to Windass and Murphy. But sometimes, the opposition force you into things you don't necessarily plan to do.

We just weren't brave enough to play through Huddersfield high press. It's as simple as that. On the few occasions we did, we pulled them around and created opportunities. But we didn't do it enough.

• Like 1

Just now, frastheowl said:

No I'm not.

Read the post. 

I'm saying, quite clearly, the game plan wasn't to hoof it to Windass and Murphy. But sometimes, the opposition force you into things you don't necessarily plan to do.

We just weren't brave enough to play through Huddersfield high press. It's as simple as that. On the few occasions we did, we pulled them around and created opportunities. But we didn't do it enough.

I don't think Monk has a clue how to play at home ... Our tactics are suited to playing on the break but rarely works at home.

No goals if the first half of any of the last 10 home matches ... I praised him Saturday but that was very poor tonight.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Think we out thought Warbuton, tonight Cowley did a job on us,

It's interesting to consider that, the way Lossl wasted time they were clearly happy with a point and looked to try and nick 3 rather than go for a win. 

I thought it was a strange approach given they are still 3 points above the bottom 3 and have promotion chasing West Brom and play-off chasing Millwall left to play. 

- lost them majority of the fan base 

- performances abject & dire 

- 3 wins in 19 

- I can’t remember the last time we scored in the first half at hillsborough 

- his pre match/post match interviews are depressing 

- Dodgy as they come 

Monk Out 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It's interesting to consider that, the way Lossl wasted time they were clearly happy with a point and looked to try and nick 3 rather than go for a win. 

I thought it was a strange approach given they are still 3 points above the bottom 3 and have promotion chasing West Brom and play-off chasing Millwall left to play. 

Yep, there not that good, and we are about on par, so yep I'll go with that.

If we do win the charge against us, or get a points deduction that doesn't relegate us...one thing is clear and that's monk isn't the man to take us forward

yes he's won one and drawn one (after losing three in a row)

meh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, frastheowl said:

if you think Monk told the players to hoof it up to Muprhy and Windass, you're not in your right mind.

Isn't the point that he did nothing to stop it?

We didn't do it twice and then monk was shouting from the touchline making sure it didn't happen.

Monk didn't shuffle positions slightly so that there was an easy short outball.
3-5-2 gives you 7 players who are mid range distributions from the keeper.. and Monk just let us kick long all night.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, McRightSide said:

“Just head it away when they continually boot it long” is not ‘doing a job on us’

Cowley did no job on us. They looked even worse. Multimillionaire squad with little purpose or direction, they created one chance for Campbell in 90 minutes.

Theyve watched the QPR game and worked on how to stop us,weve struggled to penetrate their defence so weve reverted to high balls and theyve gobbled them up,they had a distinct height advantage allover the park,we just got frustrated,instead of being patient and taking a little more tome in possession weve played straight into their hands

5 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Theyve watched the QPR game and worked on how to stop us,weve struggled to penetrate their defence so weve reverted to high balls and theyve gobbled them up,they had a distinct height advantage allover the park,we just got frustrated,instead of being patient and taking a little more tome in possession weve played straight into their hands

Every time we got the ball down we opened them up.

So frustrating that we reverted to the hoofball tactics despite their obvious failure to work.