I've seriously never been so uninterested in my life about Sheffield Wednesday

I’m pretty much done with it, there will be no change in fortunes while ever the club is run the way it is under our current owner.

I’m not going to watch the match on Saturday and I genuinely regret renewing my season ticket.

I just can’t be bothered with it anymore.

• Like 1

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

I’m pretty much done with it, there will be no change in fortunes while ever the club is run the way it is under our current owner.

I’m not going to watch the match on Saturday and I genuinely regret renewing my season ticket.

Exactly how I feel this.

I've even tried to not take much notice about the situation but its impossible to ignore, if there is a match on it's in or with you for life ...the ultimate price of being not just a Wednesday fan but a football fan inngeneral.

• Like 1

The players aren’t good enough, the manager is worse, the entire coaching staff are inept BUT the worse one of the lot is the owner......the clown hasn’t got a clue and has ruined what has been a major part of my life for over 50 years.....Not only has he put his trust in people as useless as himself he’s put us on the brink of financial ruin...The club no longer owns it’s own ground and we can’t even afford to pay the players wages on time....Thanks DC 🖕

Edited by cain
  • Like 1

After wearing out my sofa these last 3 months I cant wait until time comes again for meeting mates for a drink and going to the match.

But I do think attendaces will be down when crowds are allowed back in.

Estimate about 15,000 Wednesdayites on average per home game plus away fans.

30 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Exactly how I feel this.

I've even tried to not take much notice about the situation but its impossible to ignore, if there is a match on it's in or with you for life ...the ultimate price of being not just a Wednesday fan but a football fan inngeneral.

Agreed pal.

As I say, I regret buying my season ticket for next season but if there isn’t a genuine change at the club come the new year, I’ll not be making that mistake again.

I honestly don’t think I’ve felt as fed up with the club as I do now, I’ve just about had enough.

Edited by TrickyTrev
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

We're about 14th out of 24 aren't we?   Some of you "fans" should have tried supporting us in the 70s when we were getting thrashed by the likes of York and Cambridge.   

Yes, it's rubbish but turning your back on the club doesn't help.  

Bet we hadn’t spend millions and charged the 1970s equivalent of £40 for the privilege though did we ? It’s not about being a super loyal fan it’s mustering you the energy to care . Many can’t 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Bet we hadn’t spend millions and charged the 1970s equivalent of £40 for the privilege though did we ? It’s not about being a super loyal fan it’s mustering you the energy to care . Many can’t 

In the early 80s tickets were the modern equivalent of £9 or so - and even that was regarded as taking the wazz. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Agreed pal.

As I say, I regret buying my season ticket for next season but if there isn’t a genuine change at the club come the new year, I’ll not be making that mistake again.

I honestly don’t think I’ve felt as fed up with the club as I do now, I’ve just about had enough.

Totally agree. I read somewhere that DC has invested about £100,000 a day since he took over. How can anybody investing that amount of money have got it so badly wrong? Have to say though to his credit, he hasn't stopped financing the club as was shown with the loan players brought in to help Monk. Pity the manager isn't up to it. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Totally agree. I read somewhere that DC has invested about £100,000 a day since he took over. How can anybody investing that amount of money have got it so badly wrong? Have to say though to his credit, he hasn't stopped financing the club as was shown with the loan players brought in to help Monk. Pity the manager isn't up to it. 

His stupidity isn’t to his credit though . Sad reality is , from very early on it was bleeding obvious he was going to stuff it up . 5 years later we still have no sponsors , a dreadful hospitality / corporate section , poor merchandise , rip off tickets , a worsening playing  squad . This before we even take into account the ground sale debacle . If it was any other team you’d be howling with laughter 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I understand how you feel mate because there's plenty of us feeling the same right now.My dad took me to my first game in 1963 when we beat Man City 4-1 and from then on SWFC have been a major part of my life,as it has for may other Owlstalkers. Through the disappointment of the '66 Cup Final to those awful nights like  against Southend when we narrowly escaped the old fourth division by the skin of our teeth. In the eighties and nineties I took my son and daughter just like many others because that's what Wednesday supporters do,it's a family tradition. Through all that we have seen some highlights and many let downs but the one constant is us the supporters and our love of OUR club. The Allen years were unforgivable because of  his attitude to us and I bitterly regret the day Chansiri walked into Hillsborough,though others will disagree.

What Chansiri doesn't get is that to most of us our SWFC is a way of life that determines many things for us. He will never understand that,never had done and never will do.  Supporters like you and others on her are the   loyal backbone and will always be there,we don't kiss the badge and move on to the highest bidder. Keep the faith mate because the suits in the Boardroom won't always be the same but we Wednesday fans will. 

Rant over. Thanks.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Anyone else? 

Didn't watch the game 

Quick browse of the BBC website to see the score 

Laughed and got on with the rest of the evening 

I can't bring myself to get angry anymore 

Thankyou DC, stuffing man, monk, Carlos, jos, Bruce and the overpayed 5h1t for the last 5 years 

You've done a grand job 

Why were you laughing, do you actively want us to lose now?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, REDOWL said:

I understand how you feel mate because there's plenty of us feeling the same right now.My dad took me to my first game in 1963 when we beat Man City 4-1 and from then on SWFC have been a major part of my life,as it has for may other Owlstalkers. Through the disappointment of the '66 Cup Final to those awful nights like  against Southend when we narrowly escaped the old fourth division by the skin of our teeth. In the eighties and nineties I took my son and daughter just like many others because that's what Wednesday supporters do,it's a family tradition. Through all that we have seen some highlights and many let downs but the one constant is us the supporters and our love of OUR club. The Allen years were unforgivable because of  his attitude to us and I bitterly regret the day Chansiri walked into Hillsborough,though others will disagree.

What Chansiri doesn't get is that to most of us our SWFC is a way of life that determines many things for us. He will never understand that,never had done and never will do.  Supporters like you and others on her are the   loyal backbone and will always be there,we don't kiss the badge and move on to the highest bidder. Keep the faith mate because the suits in the Boardroom won't always be the same but we Wednesday fans will. 

Rant over. Thanks.

Well said pal, couldn’t agree more.

At first I stuck up for Chansiri, but as time has passed its become more and more evident that there appears to be no medium to long term plan for the club and we are now starting to see the true cost of such short term thinking.

As we stumble from one financial problem to the next, the product on the pitch gets worse and worse (to the point I’d happily trade this current set of spineless cowards for the team Stuart Gray had), and I am starting to get an increased feeling that the loyal support we as fans have shown for the club is being taken for granted as we continue to be milked for every less penny possible.

Stupidly high ticket prices to watch utter garbage.... what was it we were told? Something about having to pay high prices to see better players!?!?

The problem is, we could well be paying Premier League prices to watch third division football next season and because we’ve been throwing around multi year ticket offers like confetti, I don’t see how the club can lower prices to bring back all those fans who have been priced out of going to matches.

All the above is just my own opinion but the whole situation is beyond depressing.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, REDOWL said:

Rant over. Thanks.

Thats simply not true is it? 2 bad seasons in a row and people are turning their back on the club

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

I’m not interested at all as well.

So what I’m going to do is start a thread on a Sheffield Wednesday Fans Forum and tell everyone how uninterested I am but I’ll leave it you to for tonight because you are obviously much less interested than me.

:duntmatter:

You couldn’t fuc*in make it up. 

Absolutely priceless.

There’s threads saying we’re the best fans in the world and the next one professing how they don’t give a fu*k & are terminally disinterested.

Suppose it’s the ‘Soche Meeja’ world we live in. 

“Current status”, “Totally UNinterested” (don’t DIS my grammar man).

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Thats simply not true is it? 2 bad seasons in a row and people are turning their back on the club

Hello mate.All I am saying,perhaps not too clearly,is that no matter how poor the situation is we the fans matter and  will always stand by our club. As I knock nearer seventy than sixty i will never forget the first time I went or when I first took my son and daughter. We must keep the faith and hopefully times will get better.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Anyone else? 

Didn't watch the game 

Quick browse of the BBC website to see the score 

Laughed and got on with the rest of the evening 

I can't bring myself to get angry anymore 

Thankyou DC, stuffing man, monk, Carlos, jos, Bruce and the overpayed 5h1t for the last 5 years 

You've done a grand job 

I'll go with that.