I've seriously never been so uninterested in my life about Sheffield Wednesday

Last time I was geniunely gutted after a game was the Huddersfield play off semi or the 2-4 home defeat against the pigs.

The last goals I can remember giving a big celebration to and bouncing were the Fletcher and Joao goals in those games too.

A few years ago a defeat like tonight would hurt but now I’ve come to expect it 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, pat blondeau said:

Last time I was geniunely gutted after a game was the Huddersfield play off semi or the 2-4 home defeat against the pigs.

The last goals I can remember giving a big celebration to and bouncing were the Fletcher and Joao goals in those games too.

A few years ago a defeat like tonight would hurt but now I’ve come to expect it 

Same. My enthusiasm for it left a good two seasons ago. Can’t remember the last time I went crazy mad when we scored a goal probably when João equalised you’re right.

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Same. My enthusiasm for it left a good two seasons ago. Can’t remember the last time I went crazy mad when we scored a goal probably when João equalised you’re right.

I forgot about the Nuhui last minute winner at Leeds. Was there and gave it a big one for that, great day. But there’s not been many in the last few years 

1 hour ago, Sticky Micky said:

Anyone else? 

Didn't watch the game 

Quick browse of the BBC website to see the score 

Laughed and got on with the rest of the evening 

I can't bring myself to get angry anymore 

Thankyou DC, stuffing man, monk, Carlos, jos, Bruce and the overpayed 5h1t for the last 5 years 

You've done a grand job 

Totally get you.

Chansiri is killing the club with his mismanagement and stubborn arrogant attitude ....but wait a minute, he has spent more then anyone ever so we have to take it all in and swallow it like muggy mugs.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Personally I just brace myself for disappointment every match, negative attitude, yes I know, but I think it's just set into me now of all the years supporting Wednesday.

What does sadden me is that if the club isn't careful, and ends up back in League 1, the amount of fans they will end up losing (obviously when folk can return to attendance) , people will eventually lose interest, fans aren't going to pay eye watering prices to watch a god awful standard of football, wearing ridiculously over priced shirts made by some Skeggy market supplier and everything else what Chansiri has attempted, meddled with and failed miserably at.

You also have the younger fans and next generation of supporters which I think is extremely important. Make no mistake about it if we went down, we will be there for many years, and what young fan is going to want to come to a half empty stadium,  with a dire atmosphere, to watch a slum fest against Rochdale when they could go down the road and watch a team against some of the world's best players and Europen football? 

Awful and such depressing time to be a Sheffield Wednesday fan.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

At least they’re staying to the end 

I saw some trying to perform self combustion but we used quality cardboard, £25 buys champagne cardboard.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I stopped really caring after the Stoke surrender at Xmas. 

I find it easier to just laugh at them these days. 

The Gallows humour is all we have left mate. 

• Like 1

This team is up there (down there) with the rubbish we were served up in the early 00s.

That's quite some achievement when you think about it:

Weve spent 40 odd million and ended up no better than when the team was graced with the likes of Danny Maddox.

• Like 4

Oh, and three months of none of this rubbish was wonderful.

Honestly, if COVID didnt end up killing people, I'd welcome a second wave to stop watching this rubbish.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3