I've seriously never been so uninterested in my life about Sheffield Wednesday

7 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

We're about 14th out of 24 aren't we?   Some of you "fans" should have tried supporting us in the 70s when we were getting thrashed by the likes of York and Cambridge.   

Yes, it's rubbish but turning your back on the club doesn't help.  

I think it's worse than the 70s and yes I was around then but was young and enthusiastic now I'm old and grumpy

5 hours ago, torryowl said:

Winning or losing shouldn't be a factor in supporting the club......

Indeed.

But how the club is run, it's identity and philosophy should be. We have none of that, and that's what bothers me. Don't even get me started on how the owner treats the fans.

We're a complete laughing stock.

20 minutes ago, REDOWL said:

Hello mate.All I am saying,perhaps not too clearly,is that no matter how poor the situation is we the fans matter and  will always stand by our club. As I knock nearer seventy than sixty i will never forget the first time I went or when I first took my son and daughter. We must keep the faith and hopefully times will get better.

Well there are loads of fans in this thread saying they're uninterested and they're not going so I am pointing out many of our fans are actually quite fickle like the thread starter 

• Like 1

Been disillusioned/disinterested for couple of seasons now .. probably since the Sheff U derby ... and Jos not being able to sign anyone .. Peaked a little bit when Bruce came in but has got back to disinterested again

The money that is in the game, the furore about the premiership being the be-all and end-all and the lack of interest, fight, desire and everything else from the club just makes me lose all interest with watching football

Get much much MUCH more enjoyment from playing.

I watched them all through the ‘dark days’ of the seventies and hand on heart I’m more frustrated now.  The difference is in the seventies we almost went broke and we had little or no expectations until big Jack arrived.  Now we ‘are loaded’ and we’ve had a glimpse of how close the Premier league is with a couple of playoff runs.  It’s so bloody depressing to think how we’ve wasted those opportunities whilst others (like the blunts) have done it on a relative shoestring compared to what we’ve wasted.  The absolute cherry on the cake made out of poo would be relegation and unfortunately that’s a real prospect.  So disappointing.

Feel exactly the same as the OP

Can't be arsed anymore, obviously I still care and want us to win but i've just lost that feeling and it's not the same

It's like the stuffing has been knocked out of me

I think it's down to a number of factors, the looming points deduction, the pigs battling for a European place, having a useless goon like Monk in charge

For the Bristol City match for example where I live it was 8am in the morning and in the past I would set my alarm for it and follow it online but on this occasion I didn't bother and just checked the score when I woke up

Like I said above, I love Wednesday but something has gone for me

5 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Entertainment value has to be taken into account . Money also talks and we pay a higher price than most for what ? 

entertainment doesnt (or shouldnt) come into whether you support your club .......i wouldnt be critical of  anyone  pulling out because of the cost though . 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Anyone else? 

Didn't watch the game 

Quick browse of the BBC website to see the score 

Laughed and got on with the rest of the evening 

I can't bring myself to get angry anymore 

Thankyou DC, stuffing man, monk, Carlos, jos, Bruce and the overpayed 5h1t for the last 5 years 

You've done a grand job 

ok mate,things are rubbish at the club right now but why would you laugh at us losing?