The enigma that is Jordan Rhodes

Think anyone with a run of games will improve. Him and Wickham have looked suited together so far.

Rhodes numbers over the last couple years in terms of minutes to goals isn’t half as bad as you would believe. It was something like 14 goals for every 34 matches. 

We may not be able to move Rhodes on now either. His wages are huge, football has taken a huge financial hit and I’d be surprised if we can move him on easily. Be our luck that he bags 20+ next season and then off he goes on a free. 

• Like 5

Even though Wickham has never been our player, he’s now scored the same number of league goals for Wednesday as Rhodes (11 each).

And Rhodes has scored the same number of league goals at Hillsborough for Huddersfield as he has for Wednesday (4 for both clubs). 

Rhodes last goal at Hillsborough came on the 31 October 2017. That’s some goal drought on your home ground 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Even though Wickham has never been our player, he’s now scored the same number of league goals for Wednesday as Rhodes (11 each).

And Rhodes has scored the same number of league goals at Hillsborough for Huddersfield as he has for Wednesday (4 for both clubs). 

Rhodes last goal at Hillsborough came on the 31 October 2017. That’s some goal drought on your home ground 

WOW, can't be true, can it?

2 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

How many minutes of football has he played at Hillsborough in that time?

It's a great stat and completely ignores the fact that he was on loan at Norwich for a season.

He proved at Forest earlier in the season that he's still capable of scoring goals. I hope a run of games and some confidence could get him firing again.

• Like 3

Think it’s clear Rhodes is past his prime, but there is faith in his partnership with Wickham. 
Wonder if the tactic is to create space for Wickham by luring out defenders. 

Edited by B&WOwl

2 minutes ago, andytrig said:

How many minutes of football has he played at Hillsborough in that time?

It's a great stat and completely ignores the fact that he was on loan at Norwich for a season.

He proved at Forest earlier in the season that he's still capable of scoring goals. I hope a run of games and some confidence could get him firing again.

He’s played in 19 games at Hillsborough since his last goal there. I’d have to check how many of those are starts and how many are as a sub

3 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

I believe so. I couldn’t remember the last time he scored at home... looked it up and it was in a 2-1 win against Millwall in October 2017

Thinking about it, I can't remember the last time. But surely he must have scored since then surely.   

Of course, he was at Norwich for a season. That changes things.

Edited by Inspector Lestrade

Just now, B&WOwl said:

Think it’s clear Rhodes is past his prime, but there is faith in his partnership with Wickham. 
Wonder if the tactic is to create space for Wickham by luring out defenders. 

the reverse happened for his hat-trick against Forest which was in part was down to fletcher being the man on fire  

• Like 1