The enigma that is Jordan Rhodes

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

You're not helping yourself really when you use the Brentford game as evidence that Rhodes changed the game, when he wasn't involved in either goal. I could just as easily point you to the Bristol City and Stoke games at Christmas when we scored no goals when we started with him on the pitch and scored 3 after he'd been subbed. And your previous argument was that we lost at Wigan after he went off, when it was actually the other way round, we lost after he came on. 

Then again, when you have to resort to using funny names for posters, and then saying "some of us know about football" it's a sure sign that you've got nothing left... 

So someone has to be involved in goals to change a game?

As stated earlier some of us understand football and some of you don't.

Edited by Emilianenko

9 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

So someone has to be involved in goals to change a game?

As stated earlier some of us understand football and some of you don't.

As I recall it, Rhodes came on at HT and was barely involved, and we only started to look better when Reach came on, minutes before we equalised.

But hey what do I know, I don't understand football. I've been told so by somebody who also told us that Rhodes started at Wigan and Odubajo only brought down the Derby player because Rhodes wasn't on the pitch. 

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

As I recall it, Rhodes came on at HT and was barely involved, and we only started to look better when Reach came on, minutes before we equalised.

But hey what do I know, I don't understand football. I've been told so by somebody who also told us that Rhodes started at Wigan and Odubajo only brought down the Derby player because Rhodes wasn't on the pitch. 

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

First sensible thing you've said all night.

8 hours ago, FinnishOwl said:

That's exactly what I meant. He couldn't produce what he was bought for, so confidence shot and never regained. If he was bullied, I wouldn't be surprised as he somehow seems an easy target.

He probably liked it at Norwich so it's a shame they only made a p***take offer. It would have been the best option for all parties if he had ended up there this season.

What’s the basis for the bullying claim. Any comments from the player himself. 
I could imagine him struggling to fit in a tight nit unit, particularly as soon as it became public knowledge that he refused to take a penalty in the play offs.

9 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

Even though Wickham has never been our player, he’s now scored the same number of league goals for Wednesday as Rhodes (11 each).

And Rhodes has scored the same number of league goals at Hillsborough for Huddersfield as he has for Wednesday (4 for both clubs). 

Rhodes last goal at Hillsborough came on the 31 October 2017. That’s some goal drought on your home ground 

blimey what an unwanted stat , just under 3 years he must have earned over 5 million since his last goal for us at home . thats staggering (yes i know he was at norwich for some of that time) 

• Like 1