The enigma that is Jordan Rhodes

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Just for a little perspective on the respective reputations of the two players on this site amongst some...

Jordan Rhodes (entire Wednesday career)        41+31 appearances, 13 goals.

Atdhe Nuhiu (16th January - 6th May 2018)      16+6 appearances, 13 goals.                

Stark....considering the amount of patience shown to one and the amount of criticism for the other.....

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

I have to admire some of our fans desperation to try and convince themselves that Rhodes is any good! Even down to claiming that the turnaround against Brentford was somehow down to him, and we wouldn't have conceded that soft pen at Derby had he been on the pitch - even falsely saying that he got subbed against Wigan and then we lost, when actually it was him who came on as sub when we were drawing and we subsequently lost.

Fact is that apart from one freak half against Forest he hasn't scored a goal for us since April 2018, he hasn't scored at Hillsborough since October 2017, and he hasn't contributed an assist at all since December 2017. 72 appearances in all, (41 starts),13 goals, 4 assists. With his record transfer fee and huge wages that's probably working out at something like a million quid a goal.

Nailed it right there Partridge!

The posters having a real pop at Rhodes - are you talking about next season or the rest of this season?

In the new 352 we’ve all but no choice this season. Seven games in 24 days. You are going to see a lot of Rhodes and plenty of Nuhiu. Wickham doesn’t look overly fit. Da Cruz plays the wide wide channels so it’s like playing with 3 wingers and a lone-striker.

We’ve done really well these past two games. It’s sort of working. 

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

Just for a little perspective on the respective reputations of the two players on this site amongst some...

Jordan Rhodes (entire Wednesday career)        41+31 appearances, 13 goals.

Atdhe Nuhiu (16th January - 6th May 2018)      16+6 appearances, 13 goals.                

From someone accusing me of being selective with figures, this is pretty impressive.

• Like 1

In response to Boretimer and Partfridge.

This season JR has started 6 games.

We have won 3 drawn 2 and lost 1.

AN has started 12

We have won 4 drawn 2 and lost 5

Now take into consideration the Brentford game we were losing 1-0 at half time when JR replaced AN only for us to go on and win 2-1 when JR changed the game.

AN 1197 minutes 3 goals.

JR 630 minutes 3 goals

While JR has been on the pitch we have scored 11 goals and conceded 6.

Like I said earlier, he must be doing something right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

AN has started 12

Now take into consideration the Brentford game we were losing 1-0 at half time when JR replaced AN only for us to go on and win 2-1 when JR changed the game.

AN 1197 minutes 3 goals.

JR 630 minutes 3 goals

Sounds like blind luck to me. 

Apart from the Forest game, I can't think of a game where he has influenced the outcome to any great degree.

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Sounds like blind luck to me. 

Apart from the Forest game, I can't think of a game where he has influenced the outcome to any great degree.

Then I guess some of us understand football and some of you don't.

Edited by Emilianenko

21 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

The posters having a real pop at Rhodes - are you talking about next season or the rest of this season?

In the new 352 we’ve all but no choice this season. Seven games in 24 days. You are going to see a lot of Rhodes and plenty of Nuhiu. Wickham doesn’t look overly fit. Da Cruz plays the wide wide channels so it’s like playing with 3 wingers and a lone-striker.

We’ve done really well these past two games. It’s sort of working. 

Would work even better if we had Wickham and A N Other up front, with both contributing.

Sorry, as much as I like Rhodes, for what ever reason it's not working for him at Hillsborough. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

From someone accusing me of being selective with figures, this is pretty impressive.

As I said at the outset, it puts their respective reputations into context. I'm not making any over-arching analysis of the players; only the way that some total hypocrites judge them. Statistics are, and always will be, only part of the picture. But wouldn't it be fun to dig up all those quotes from three and a half years ago about how Rhodes 'guarantees goals' and that it would finally see the back of Nuhiu? Instead, they've resorted to an avalanche of excuses.

10 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Then I guess some of us understand football and some of you don't.

Hope you're enjoying your retirement Sir Alex. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

As I said at the outset, it puts their respective reputations into context. I'm not making any over-arching analysis of the players; only the way that some total hypocrites judge them. Statistics are, and always will be, only part of the picture. But wouldn't it be fun to dig up all those quotes from three and a half years ago about how Rhodes 'guarantees goals' and that it would finally see the back of Nuhiu? Instead, they've resorted to an avalanche of excuses.

Hope you're enjoying your retirement Sir Alex. 

Gets a bit boring sometimes, I've resorted to coming on here and arguing with Numpties.

31 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

AN has started 12

AN 1197 minutes 3 goals.

JR 630 minutes 3 goals

You're not helping yourself really when you use the Brentford game as evidence that Rhodes changed the game, when he wasn't involved in either goal. I could just as easily point you to the Bristol City and Stoke games at Christmas when we scored no goals when we started with him on the pitch and scored 3 after he'd been subbed. And your previous argument was that we lost at Wigan after he went off, when it was actually the other way round, we lost after he came on. 

Then again, when you have to resort to using funny names for posters, and then saying "some of us know about football" it's a sure sign that you've got nothing left...