First signing is crucial.

I don't think signing an older player would signal an intent of going down that path, it may just be that terms are agreed with that player before the signing of a younger player.  Hopefully we get a good blend of youthful players mixed in with a few decent older heads.  That is the balance that is needed if we can achieve that with the signings.

37 minutes ago, TINGLE75 said:

I think the first signing will tell us a lot about if the club is changing direction. If it's a journeyman after one last bug payout, or a young, hungry up and coming player? Important few weeks on and off the pitch.

Hopefully it will be a quality manager.

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, TINGLE75 said:

I think the first signing will tell us a lot about if the club is changing direction. If it's a journeyman after one last bug payout, or a young, hungry up and coming player? Important few weeks on and off the pitch.

So resigning the heart and soul of the team Pelupessy, but potentially letting Lee and Hutchinson leave.

Does that not tell you we are planning for league one.

Connor Kirby would have been more of a forward thinking move than Pelupessy.

45 minutes ago, TINGLE75 said:

Young or older as long as they can add passion and commitment and a heart to win games then as supporters we should welcome them into our club. What we really need is a leader with a good football brain who can command and direct. We’ve had them in the past but recently no current player seems to fit the bill.

There is much to do, but until we know which division we’ll be playing in, we won’t be making any first team signings We might try and tie up some low key signings for the U23s, so my forecast would be, a youngster released from one of the top flight clubs

Edited by gurujuan

13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

There is much to do, but until we know which division we’ll be playing in, we won’t be making any first team signings We might try and tie up some low key signings for the U23s, so my forecast would be, a youngster released from one of the top flight clubs

I cant believe many clubs will be trying to sign players with the season still playing will they. Doesn't strike me as a Wednesday thing to do anyway.

25 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

Young or older as long as they can add passion and commitment and a heart to win games then as supporters we should welcome them into our club. What we really need is a leader with a good football brain who can command and direct. We’ve had them in the past but recently no current player seems to fit the bill.

Think Huddersfield did this the other year. Not necessarily players with the most ability but ones that had the right mentality.

29 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So resigning the heart and soul of the team Pelupessy, but potentially letting Lee and Hutchinson leave.

Depends on wages. None of those midfielders are good enough for a team that is wanting promotion. JP is the one who will be happiest as back up and probably on 1/4 the wages of either lee or hutch.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Would have thought Lee would still be a good signing for any League 1 team

1 hour ago, TINGLE75 said:

try not to get disappointed