First signing is crucial.

53 minutes ago, SettleForADraw said:

No, it tells you that Hutchinson has evidently caused issues and is nearing the end of his career and Lee (as great as he has been for us) is knackered and also getting older. Pelupessy (I imagine) is a cheap back up option during uncertain times and knows the club already. Why the persistence of getting rid of the dead wood and refreshing the squad then moaning at every little thing the club do? I struggle to see the difficulty of understanding this...?

I am all for getting rid of dead wood but don't replace it with more dead wood. 

Pelupessy is simple not good enough he is a waste of a wage for a player that might make 10 starts in a season, we have resigned Jones all be it to the end of the season, again why we have 3 fit keepers at the club sorry Westwood is injured depending what day you speak with Monk.

We need to sweep the decks of the deadwood and the not good enough or the not performing players.

Pelupessy has managed just 690 minutes all season, 9 starts and 3 sub appearance and has completed just 3 full games, even if he is only on an average championship wage of £5k, he has cost us £375 per minute he has been on the pitch this season, he has scored no goals, made no assists and of the games he played the full 90 minutes we kept 1 clean sheet against Millwall, would you say he has been a good return and worth another year at least.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I am all for getting rid of dead wood but don't replace it with more dead wood. 

Pelupessy is simple not good enough he is a waste of a wage for a player that might make 10 starts in a season, we have resigned Jones all be it to the end of the season, again why we have 3 fit keepers at the club sorry Westwood is injured depending what day you speak with Monk.

We need to sweep the decks of the deadwood and the not good enough or the not performing players.

Pelupessy has managed just 690 minutes all season, 9 starts and 3 sub appearance and has completed just 3 full games, even if he is only on an average championship wage of £5k, he has cost us £375 per minute he has been on the pitch this season, he has scored no goals, made no assists and of the games he played the full 90 minutes we kept 1 clean sheet against Millwall, would you say he has been a good return and worth another year at least.

Pelupessy isn’t the greatest player but he does put a shift in, I personally have no issues with him resigning due to the current climate to come on and see a game out. 

Ok fair enough and then when Dawson & Wildsmith both get injured (you know what our luck is like) everyone would be moaning when a youth keeper is chucked in at the deep end. 

In ordinary circumstances, probably not and I don’t think the club would’ve opted for a further year. We’re in unprecedented times and no one knows what’s going to happen in the short medium and long terms. It seems like good business for once. I’d much rather Pelupessy re sign for a year than us be held to ransom by past it crocks, personally.

Edited by SettleForADraw

6 minutes ago, SettleForADraw said:

Pelupessy isn’t the greatest player but he does put a shift on, I personally have no issues with him resigning due to the current climate to come on and see a game out. 

Ok fair enough and then when Dawson & Wildsmith both get injured (you know what our luck is like) everyone will he moaning when a youth keeper is chucked in at the deep end. 

In ordinary circumstances, probably not and I don’t think the club would’ve opted for a further year. We’re in unprecedented times and no one knows what’s going to happen in the short medium and long terms. It seems like good business for once. I’d much rather Pelupessy resign for a year than us be held to ransom by past it crocks, personally.

Indeed but the crocks as you put have played twice as many games this season as Mr dependable.

That kind of says I would rather play a player with one leg than let Pelupessy get on the pitch but as you say money well spent.

If Pelupessy is the sign of players to come this season and next that £600 season ticket is looking good value.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hitcat said:

Got to get Da Cruz tied down on a 10 yr contract.

He's a 23-year-old who's played less than ten games in a new country - maybe he won't turn out to be any better than he's already shown, but maybe we should give him a decent chance before we start mocking him?

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He's a 23-year-old who's played less than ten games in a new country - maybe he won't turn out to be any better than he's already shown, but maybe we should give him a decent chance before we start mocking him?

I'm not mocking him. I think he'll be amazing.

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Is just a waste of money though just 9 starts this season, at best a very bit part player. Compare that to Hutch and he has made 20 start and has not been allowed to play in the last 10 games, Even the injury prone lee has made 17 starts.

I am all for good squad players but he is not championship standard the money he is on be it £5-8k a week, could have been spent on 3 youngster who could actual improve and be an asset in 12-18 months time. 

The same could be said for hutch and lee as they aren’t good enough to be in a midfield that will genuinely fight for promotion. If that’s what we want from the team then keeping them here is a waste of money.

Youngsters will only improve and become an asset with regular game time, they won’t get that if they are there as a backup they need to be out on loan playing every week.

7 hours ago, TINGLE75 said:

I think the first signing will tell us a lot about if the club is changing direction. If it's a journeyman after one last bug payout, or a young, hungry up and coming player? Important few weeks on and off the pitch.

Think Monk’s comments about Wigan cast off, Windass, indicate which way we will be heading

1 hour ago, 83owl said:

The same could be said for hutch and lee as they aren’t good enough to be in a midfield that will genuinely fight for promotion. If that’s what we want from the team then keeping them here is a waste of money.

Youngsters will only improve and become an asset with regular game time, they won’t get that if they are there as a backup they need to be out on loan playing every week.

indeed but young players learn better with better players. 

5 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Monk's been fairly clear on the direction he wants to take us in. Younger, fitter and more dynamic players. 

If he can guide us through this, which from a fans perspective: from being shat on by Bruce, him coming in with all the Hutchinson/Westwood s***, the EFL case period, through losing players like FF, Fletcher and then somehow build the outline of a decent young squad beyond it, then fair play. 

Here's hoping. 

Callum Slattery from Southampton would be perfect first signing that would show everyone direction we want to take.

Talented player at right age with bags pf potential who would right away make us better "passing" side.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

Indeed but the crocks as you put have played twice as many games this season as Mr dependable.

That kind of says I would rather play a player with one leg than let Pelupessy get on the pitch but as you say money well spent.

If Pelupessy is the sign of players to come this season and next that £600 season ticket is looking good value.

He’s. A. Back. Up. Player. 

Jesus

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SettleForADraw said:

He’s. A. Back. Up. Player. 

Jesus

He just crap but we disagree.

I would prefer to sign a few youth players you would prefer we sign Pelupessy.

My Choice                                                    Your Choice

Lets leave it at that.

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Think Monk’s comments about Wigan cast off, Windass, indicate which way we will be heading

I know when I was a kid we were signing players from Inter Milan, Marseille PSV Eindhoven and Barcelona 

Now we sign players from QPR, Wigan and Trietina, I think I can guess what team Monk is going to put together. It won't be one challenging for the top end of the table even in league one.

3 hours ago, 83owl said:

Are you saying bring in youngsters to replace the likes of Hutch and Lee but then send them out on loan?

If so, who replaces them in the squad?

45 minutes ago, Brammy said:

Are you saying bring in youngsters to replace the likes of Hutch and Lee but then send them out on loan?

If so, who replaces them in the squad?

New midfielders which if we are to challenge for promotion we need anyway. Bannan - Good enough 

Hunt - Dont know yet

luongo - Injured 

Depending on what formation we plan to play next year I would say at least another 2 players of first team quality required.