THE EFL HEARING THREAD

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Nixon saying Wigan’s points deduction will be applied on the final weekend of the season if they are outside the bottom 3, won’t show on the league table before then. 

Not sure we needed Nixon to tell us that 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

seems some people where asking him because they are appealing it and where confused when it would show (mainly fans of other teams at the bottom)

Edited by WalthamOwl

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

People can't resist having a dig lol

9 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Pretty much this,   Absolute sham of an organisation , but someone will probably be along shortly to tell us that the EFL arnt at fault here it’s the clubs fault for daring to appeal 

Of course, the EFL is the clubs - and I can't see a group with so many different positions voting for that external regulation. It therefore needs action from the government. And I really can't see our current lot with their laissez-faire approach (wear masks in shops - up to you guys, be aware!) adopting a more muscular approach to football.

It's interesting I think that Rick Parry at the EFL recognises the problems. I suspect even he knows that the EFL cannot provide the solutions though. 

55 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Any chance wwe can continue the debate without snidey digs and abuse?

We're all on the same side - whatever our opinion

Snidey now that's a word I haven't seen used in a long while 🙂

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

He totally would

He'd not have 'managed' him by playing him until his contract expired though

He'd have sent him packing

I never managed a sport team so it may be different but I've successfully managed other teams

and if someone is constantly causing unrest or dissent if after a failure to agree a way forward I would recommend they are shown the door 

What is telling to me without ITK of what went off is that these people were highlighted by Jos   I wonder if Monk and him had a discussion 

46 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

City have not been in the EFL for years. I am pretty sure that you are referring to charges brought by UEFA over an article in a Germany based publication alledging financial irregularities over commercial revenue paid into the club.

I said EPL not the EFL

Just now, Grandad said:

Really?

Hes their lawyer and didn't know they'd got off with it?

I was referring to the fact that Nick DeMarco is our lawyer as well as theirs

49 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I get the feeling that some people think that managing out and getting rid of troublesome players against the will of many of our fans is a sign of weakness?

I'd suggest its the exact opposite

Personally I want our club full of young, hungry players with a great 'CAN DO' attitude, working as a team, playing for the manager/club, and wanting to give their all, than having a dressing room of overhyped, overpaid, egotistical disruptive and negative old blokes.

What Monk is doing isn't the easy option whatsoever. It's the most difficult and painful thing to properly and professionally transition to a new generation of players who want to play for our club.

Backing him isn't the easiest thing to do either when you have some fans repeatedly attacking you for wanting our club to get rid of players who don't give a fooooook about Sheffield Wednesday or doing their best for us.

But backing him is the intelligent thing to do. Because there's more to football management than just playing the players who kick off the most and cause the biggest stink at your club,.

All you are doing is throwing in your loyalty marker on Garry Monk. You maybe right but it's not simple.

Two polar opposites in terms of management styles were Revie and Clough both tough managers but styles were miles apart. Revie had a clear plan that all his senior players were invited to contribute too. He was a tactical genius who would deploy any and all methods within and without the laws of the game. We have all heard the stories.

Clough on the other hand was deployed tough love within his teams very much reliant on the scouting abilities of Peter Taylor. Between them they manufactured quality players and of course the players were respectful of the fact that their stock had gone from average Division 2 players to the fringe and beyond of International status.

Clough going to Leeds was lunacy and as big headed as the big headedness of which that Clough accused Revie of. Had Revie moved in the opposite direction results would have been replicated similarly IMHO.

So the conclusion I draw with Managers is the fit has to be right in all aspects of the game and a relationship has to develop. Has we have found, the perfect fit is difficult to find. An additional problem is that owners and chairmen need to have a role in playing happy families ? They Don't !    

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

I never managed a sport team so it may be different but I've successfully managed other teams

and if someone is constantly causing unrest or dissent if after a failure to agree a way forward I would recommend they are shown the door 

What is telling to me without ITK of what went off is that these people were highlighted by Jos   I wonder if Monk and him had a discussion 

No, I think the same characters just kicked off again with their old tricks.

Their only defence is that it must have been difficult for everyone who were given a fresh start under Bruce for him to then fuckoff pre-season the fatcunt.

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, darra said:

I was referring to the fact that Nick DeMarco is our lawyer as well as theirs

Thats what I mean

He predicted earlier that they would get their sanctions halved but that they would still be guilty

Guest Grandad
Just now, the third man said:

They have been found guilty, but no ban just a fine

Regardless. Are we really saying their own lawyer had no idea that they would have their sanctions lifted?

3 hours ago, dorian gray said:

it's not one post, it was numerous, as there are some who didn't want monk in the first place were just waiting their time. 

his lack of flexibility (and there was some) was down to the disastrous squad he inherited, but he shuffled what he had, and then found out what we all knew, all our forwards other than fletcher weren't worth a hill of beans.

nihiu could perhaps do 15 mins at the end of a game and he used that, but otherwise he'd been handed very poor fare indeed.

what would this 'flexibility' have included that he didn't choose?

Just to point out, when Fletcher got injured at Christmas, Monk still had Rhodes, Winnall, Forestieri, Nuhiu as options.  You could even throw in Murphy, who can play as a false 9.

Not an amazing selection but enough talent for any decent Championship coach to manage with.

Then we signed Wickham in January.  A Premier League striker.

The belief that any manager would struggle after losing Fletcher to injury is a myth.

Anyway, back to topic..

• Like 1