THE EFL HEARING THREAD

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Hi Dave. :wub: My wish from Father Christmas this year would be for you to find happiness. You’re obviously a very sad bitter old man that can’t handle people having different opinions to your own and believe they must be pigs if they do, it’s a real shame. 

Not at all I'm anything but bitter in  fact I'm  often told I'm  too positive...since you've been on this site  you 've had nothing positive to say about the club, DC, whoever the manager is and players you scapegoat,  if DC were to leave along with Monk you'd be doing the same with their successor's. I don't  think you're  a pig I think it's  your carefully cultivated internet persona onhere which is even sadder than being a pig. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I’m going to tread carefully too or people will think I’m an alternate log in for you Jim. But that’s exactly what I’ve been saying. Good managers manage difficult characters. Particularly when they are so important to you. I’ve had some real tails work for me over the years...and I’ve worked for some right tails. So I speak with some experience. You don’t get on with everyone in life, but if that tail is playing a big part in your business being successful, you look after him. If he’s not, then sure get rid. Had we been bottom at Christmas and getting shut of hutch Westwood and FF had catapulted us up the table then you can say good decision. When the exact opposite has been true then you surely question the decision?

^^^^^ This. Just this. Been saying this for ages. Some of the PL players egos are massive but they have to be managed. You can’t just say I’ll leave him out because he’s not doing as I ask or he’s a bad influence. The players such as Hutch Nando  and Westy were part of our success era that narrowly missed out on the promised land. Just manage them FFS until their contacts expire. Then build up from the bottom using them to bring the kids on. 
We’re lucky we went on that good run before Xmas and got the points we managed to get or we’d be with the dingles

now. 

9 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Not at all I'm anything but bitter in  fact I'm  often told I'm  too positive...since you've been on this site  you 've had nothing positive to say about the club, DC, whoever the manager is and players you scapegoat,  if DC were to leave along with Monk you'd be doing the same with their successor's. I don't  think you're  a pig I think it's  your carefully cultivated internet persona onhere which is even sadder than being a pig. 

Had nothing but positive things to say about Bruce, been a supporter of Monk for the majority of the time but like a few select others on here you love to try and “bully” anyone when they have something negative to say about the club. Places like this forum are for opinions, good or bad, there are a lot of bad things going on with this club and there are a lot of people concerned and worried about the club. Just stick me on your ignore list if I bother you that much, it’s quite simple. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the bone of contention is the EFL claim further information came to light (on the stadium sale), hence the charge? 

They did approve the stadium sale and accounts, but then *new* information comes to light or they claim it did.

Part of me wonders if this *new* information was just them signing off and then realising the backdated issue afterward.

Wouldn't surprise me. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Had nothing but positive things to say about Bruce, been a supporter of Monk for the majority of the time but like a few select others on here you love to try and “bully” anyone when they have something negative to say about the club. Places like this forum are for opinions, good or bad, there are a lot of bad things going on with this club and there are a lot of people concerned and worried about the club 

Tbf, you just called him a sad, bitter old man, so I'd suggest it is fair game really on the *bully* thing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Probably nowt stopping DC taking it to CAS if found guilty, if he’s got the drive left to do so 

Which could well be a threat he makes.... thereby potentially causing another delay to the decision and major problems for the EFL should we be relegated by their decision

Guest wilyfox

Fingers crossed we can win a couple more games. Best case scenario we can absorb a 12pt penalty if it comes and avoid the drop, EFL are seen to be doing their job punishing wrong-doers, we get a wrist-slapping for running the club unsustainably, and other clubs see us bent over taking it. Then we can all draw a line & move on. 

9 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

^^^^^ This. Just this. Been saying this for ages. Some of the PL players egos are massive but they have to be managed. You can’t just say I’ll leave him out because he’s not doing as I ask or he’s a bad influence. The players such as Hutch Nando  and Westy were part of our success era that narrowly missed out on the promised land. Just manage them FFS until their contacts expire. Then build up from the bottom using them to bring the kids on. 
We’re lucky we went on that good run before Xmas and got the points we managed to get or we’d be with the dingles

now. 

So you'd have 'managed'/played Jay Bothroyd?

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

31 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

The lifting of the embargo surely indicates that they were happy with the situation..... hopefully that is the main part of our defence, which they can't argue as they lifted the umbongo

We've been under Transfer embargoes for at least 2 of the last 3 Windows. Each time we obviously have to adhere to certain stipulations in order for them to be lifted? Therefore for it to be lifted back in the summer, there must've been some acceptance from the EFL that we had abided by whatever they insisted we abide by?

For the charge to come completely out of blue two months down the line obviously shocked everyone at the club and the chairman has been quite right to put up a stern defence. This defence saw the subsequent dropping of the individual charges on him, the ex-CEO and the FD which wouldn't have happened if we hadn't?

Personally and I've felt this all the time despite the various predictions of Armageddon on here, that we'll be OK? We wouldn't have been if the club had just allowed the EFL to ride roughshod over us? And IMO during these uncertain financial times, the way the EFL have behaved with regards to several off the field issues over the last 12 months or so will see them on their knees in the not too distant future as they will be overly reliant on owners keeping clubs afloat and the owners will have long memories of the way they have been straight-jacketed by the EFL when all they want to do is invest whatever funds they would like in their club?

• Like 6

Guest Ferkorf

Oh oh ohhh he's Magic 

You know!

You'll never out bake

De Marco

Edited by Ferkorf

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

12pts deducted IF we are guilty and found to have wilfully contravened and bypassed the P & S rules of the EFL.

If we’re not guilty and followed the EFL’s guidance to the absolute letter, there should be no points deduction?

At this stage of a long drawn out process, I don't care whether we're guilty or not. What bothers me is relegation. That would put us back 10yrs. Never a good time for relegation to league one, but with all the uncertainty for lower leagues right now, it's even worse than usual. 

53 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’ve got to tread very carefully with my words when it comes to you?

So here goes as but if I stop mid-post, it’s because I’m in A&E because I’ve stood on some very sharp glass 😩

I didn’t complain too much at Christmas because he was obviously doing a good job. Has as been already pointed out several times apparently by @dorian gray? The bad run we’re currently on started with Fletcher’s injury? Now I’m not going to argue the to$$ about that because it undoubtedly played a part?

Now he was getting a tune out of his squad which has also been pointed out many times by some that it is a bang average squad. Why oh why though did he have to alienate the two best players in their respective positions, Westwood and Hutchinson who he had been selecting prior to Christmas. Playing Dawson and Pelupessy regularly sends you hurtling down the table as we saw under Jos.

Granted things aren’t stable at the club, the Chairman deciding to take a low profile, the EFL charge and other things in general that are out of his control but I think having decided to use players like he did and get a tune out of them like he did, to just seemingly chuck it all away was wrong and is as much to blame for our current predicament as anything?

I think I managed to succeed without treading on any glass but if you don’t see me on here a while you MAY have good idea where I MAY have gone?

Sorry to hear about your foot. Perhaps a risk assessment of your environment will prevent accidents in future.