THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 minutes ago, ken52 said:

If the season had ended as normal then next year's fixtures would have been out end of June. Seeing as the EFL scheduled the hearing for mid July then it seems to me that their original plan was always to make the decision to take effect from next season. So I think if any points are deducted then it was always going to be next season.

Good view of the situation but im confident that is not the case.

I don't think points will come into it either. Just a hunch 😐.

18 minutes ago, ken52 said:

If the season had ended as normal then next year's fixtures would have been out end of June. Seeing as the EFL scheduled the hearing for mid July then it seems to me that their original plan was always to make the decision to take effect from next season. So I think if any points are deducted then it was always going to be next season.

Couldn't agree more, i have been this since the beginning of June, on here and elsewhere, if they want us to accept the punishment without any appeal then it needs to be applied next season

18 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I have a feeling Wednesday have been found guilty and they are haggling over the punishment and trying to come to some agreement so Wednesday dont appeal.

They won’t careless about an appeal if they can make it stick that we’re guilty they should have every confidence of winning an appeal and sort there horrendous procedures out so could be settled quickly seen as season finishes in 3 Games 

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not really kept up to date with this thread. But this is truly pathetic from the EFL. The charges were made in November and still nothing.

Or for Derby who's accounts were out before ours, and were charged in January. And for Macclesfield, who may or may not still be in the league next season. 

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of the individual cases. The EFL's processes and communication is abysmal. The organisation is simply not fit for purpose and should be replaced ASAP with an external regulator.

Guest mrbluesky
21 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I have a feeling Wednesday have been found guilty and they are haggling over the punishment and trying to come to some agreement so Wednesday dont appeal.

Just now, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of the individual cases. The EFL's processes and communication is abysmal. The organisation is simply not fit for purpose and should be replaced ASAP with an external regulator.

Pretty much this,   Absolute sham of an organisation , but someone will probably be along shortly to tell us that the EFL arnt at fault here it’s the clubs fault for daring to appeal 

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not really kept up to date with this thread. But this is truly pathetic from the EFL. The charges were made in November and still nothing.

Jeff Stelling made the same point on Saturday!

Edited by Owls77

Guest Grandad

Our lawyer predicted Man City would have their decision upheld, but the sanctions halved

I hope his expectations for us are better

1 hour ago, bazapeps said:

The volume of our fans that repeatedly comment and moan about our case / EFL that have literally no idea about the circumstances of our case is unbelievable. Mainly on the facebook groups. Already seeing posts where people genuinely think that we’re now in a better position because “city’s got away with it” and even some suggestions now saying we should sue the FA and UEFA

image.png.f2220b4b63275ffcc6c29f696814ec82.png