THE EFL HEARING THREAD

39 minutes ago, Grandad said:

IF we are found guilty I'll be amazed if its not a 12-15 deduction. Absolutely amazed.

22 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

That’s my thought too. 

If guilty, it’s at least 9 points for the actual breaking P&S rules - but they’re defo gonna tag some points on for aggravating circumstances. 

21 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

exactly this. If guilty they will dock up the maximum points possible. They won’t let us off with any less than 12 imo. 

Experts in the field are you or just randomly guessing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Grandad
Just now, Yellowbelly said:

Experts in the field are you or just randomly guessing?

basing it on the efls own chart based on scale of losses and applicable punishment, and the 9 point deduction applied to Birmingham.

No need for sarcasm

3 minutes ago, striker said:

I'd have thought the opposite, significant mitigation if anything, considering the stadium sale was agreed with EFL, accounts initially signed off and embargo lifted.

The lifting of the embargo surely indicates that they were happy with the situation..... hopefully that is the main part of our defence, which they can't argue as they lifted the umbongo

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’ve got to tread very carefully with my words when it comes to you?

So here goes as but if I stop mid-post, it’s because I’m in A&E because I’ve stood on some very sharp glass 😩

I didn’t complain too much at Christmas because he was obviously doing a good job. Has as been already pointed out several times apparently by @dorian gray? The bad run we’re currently on started with Fletcher’s injury? Now I’m not going to argue the to$$ about that because it undoubtedly played a part?

Now he was getting a tune out of his squad which has also been pointed out many times by some that it is a bang average squad. Why oh why though did he have to alienate the two best players in their respective positions, Westwood and Hutchinson who he had been selecting prior to Christmas. Playing Dawson and Pelupessy regularly sends you hurtling down the table as we saw under Jos.

Granted things aren’t stable at the club, the Chairman deciding to take a low profile, the EFL charge and other things in general that are out of his control but I think having decided to use players like he did and get a tune out of them like he did, to just seemingly chuck it all away was wrong and is as much to blame for our current predicament as anything?

I think I managed to succeed without treading on any glass but if you don’t see me on here a while you MAY have good idea where I MAY have gone?

Sorry to  hear about your foot Jim

Hope you're ok mate

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Dunno mate. We’ll find out when the ruling is announced. 

All I’m saying is, IF we are guilty, there’ll be extra points deducted because of the way we’ve tried to get out of the charges. 

I've thought of all the scenarios possible and you're right in that IF we're guilty, one way or another, they will give us additional points for "covering it up" one way or another. I do wonder if any additional may be suspended though. We just need it over with one way or another. It feels like waiting for the bloody life support to be turned off.

I’m just waiting for the latest update from that woman who does loads for the club. She will have had a good hour or so at work today already to pick up the latest wild guesses from her grunting colleagues. 

We just need to wait for her tea break to arrive to give her time to put it on twatter.

49 minutes ago, Nero said:

Dont think you've quite grasped that the EFL aren't in charge of this mate. Its an independent tribunal.

So you don’t think compromise is allowed? Are the EFL and SWFC barred from reaching an agreement that’s acceptable to them both? Does it have to be black and white, no grey?

9 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Grandad and Essix are just guessing...Waltham just posted his Christmas wish to Santa 

Hi Dave. :wub: My wish from Father Christmas this year would be for you to find happiness. You’re obviously a very sad bitter old man that can’t handle people having different opinions to your own and believe they must be pigs if they do, it’s a real shame. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Grandad said:

The Man City announcement would seem to back that up

My memory is sketchy but I vaguely recall he funded losses up to £20m before he started borrowing from other characters (nolt  banks)

He restructured the debt with the bank and paid them pennies in the pound - better than nothing for the bank. He loaned against the ground almost immediately. 

6 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’ve got to tread very carefully with my words when it comes to you?

So here goes as but if I stop mid-post, it’s because I’m in A&E because I’ve stood on some very sharp glass 😩

I didn’t complain too much at Christmas because he was obviously doing a good job. Has as been already pointed out several times apparently by @dorian gray? The bad run we’re currently on started with Fletcher’s injury? Now I’m not going to argue the to$$ about that because it undoubtedly played a part?

Now he was getting a tune out of his squad which has also been pointed out many times by some that it is a bang average squad. Why oh why though did he have to alienate the two best players in their respective positions, Westwood and Hutchinson who he had been selecting prior to Christmas. Playing Dawson and Pelupessy regularly sends you hurtling down the table as we saw under Jos.

Granted things aren’t stable at the club, the Chairman deciding to take a low profile, the EFL charge and other things in general that are out of his control but I think having decided to use players like he did and get a tune out of them like he did, to just seemingly chuck it all away was wrong and is as much to blame for our current predicament as anything?

I think I managed to succeed without treading on any glass but if you don’t see me on here a while you MAY have good idea where I MAY have gone?

I’m going to tread carefully too or people will think I’m an alternate log in for you Jim. But that’s exactly what I’ve been saying. Good managers manage difficult characters. Particularly when they are so important to you. I’ve had some real tails work for me over the years...and I’ve worked for some right tails. So I speak with some experience. You don’t get on with everyone in life, but if that tail is playing a big part in your business being successful, you look after him. If he’s not, then sure get rid. Had we been bottom at Christmas and getting shut of hutch Westwood and FF had catapulted us up the table then you can say good decision. When the exact opposite has been true then you surely question the decision?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

The lifting of the embargo surely indicates that they were happy with the situation..... hopefully that is the main part of our defence, which they can't argue as they lifted the umbongo

As I recall from our initial lawyers statement, our main defence is reasonable reliance. Permission for the transaction was sought and given, therefore relied on this information to comply with our financial obligations.

Signing off the accounts and lifting the embargo further evidence to support our case. 

Edited by striker
  • Like 4

The volume of our fans that repeatedly comment and moan about our case / EFL that have literally no idea about the circumstances of our case is unbelievable. Mainly on the facebook groups. Already seeing posts where people genuinely think that we’re now in a better position because “city’s got away with it” and even some suggestions now saying we should sue the FA and UEFA

• Haha 1

Guest Grandad
4 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

He restructured the debt with the bank and paid them pennies in the pound - better than nothing for the bank. He loaned against the ground almost immediately. 

It was 2 years after he took over that he borrowed £2m from Terence Brown

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

if that tail is playing a big part in your business being successful, you look after him. If he’s not, then sure get rid. 

That's exactly what we've done

If Monk hadn't done it and had got sacked the next manager whoever is he is/was would have done the exact same thing

It's not rocket science

Back the manager whilst he's going through this painful transition

• Like 7

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I’m going to tread carefully too or people will think I’m an alternate log in for you Jim. But that’s exactly what I’ve been saying. Good managers manage difficult characters. Particularly when they are so important to you. I’ve had some real tails work for me over the years...and I’ve worked for some right tails. So I speak with some experience. You don’t get on with everyone in life, but if that tail is playing a big part in your business being successful, you look after him. If he’s not, then sure get rid. Had we been bottom at Christmas and getting shut of hutch Westwood and FF had catapulted us up the table then you can say good decision. When the exact opposite has been true then you surely question the decision?

Perhaps it wasnt Monk's decision. Didnt Jos refer to something along the lines of he couldn't play Westwood for contractual reasons.

6 minutes ago, striker said:

As I recall from our initial lawyers statement, our main defence is reasonable reliance. Permission for the transaction was sought and given, therefore relied on this information to comply with our financial obligations.

Signing off the accounts and lifting the embargo further evidence to support our case. 

Agreed, which makes the case against us even stranger

• Like 1