THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

Because if we’re guilty, then the EFL didn’t give us the go ahead and we’ve in effect been found out as liars trying to dodge the punishment. 

If it was as clear cut as that then there wouldn’t be such a long delay or even really any defence. An aggravated breach is where a club is told clearly they cannot do something and they go and do it 

I think Birmingham avoided an aggravated breach when they signed that defender because they flagged it in correspondence with the EFL. But docked points for the offence 

Edited by Bluesteel

38 minutes ago, Jim said:

I don’t see how a manager with 5 clubs in 6 years can ever do a long term job for us

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 12.41.50.jpg

Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 12.42.25.jpg

Carvalhal certainly did a long-term job on us.

As a club, we’re still recovering from his time in charge here and we sacked the useless idiot two and a half years ago.

Edited by Westfield Owl
  • Like 1

Maybe the delay is to due with Derby’s hearing. If they’re going to be another week or so with that then surely they won’t be able to issue any punishment this season - which would make it unfair if our punishment was then enforced and we were relegated off the back of it. By holding back on releasing the verdicts it allows them to punish (or not) both clubs in the same season.

8 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Carvalhal certainly did a long-term job on us.

As a club, we’re still recovering from his time in charge here and we sacked the useless idiot two and a half years ago.

I dont think you can lay all the blame at his door, though I strongly suspect he was one of quite a few who saw a wealthy man who could be taken for a ride.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

All these pics Di Marco putting on piece of cake relating to how easy it was?? Let’s hope so ? Might be that efl have appealed? 

It might be like master chef, and the independent panel are eating and scoring Di Marco various servings. Could take a while.

• Like 1

Guest gizowl
7 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Maybe the delay is to due with Derby’s hearing. If they’re going to be another week or so with that then surely they won’t be able to issue any punishment this season - which would make it unfair if our punishment was then enforced and we were relegated off the back of it. By holding back on releasing the verdicts it allows them to punish (or not) both clubs in the same season.

This could possibly be the case, delaying the outcome till the sheep hearing is over. I know the charges are different and ours was more complex but they have got to get the balance right if punishment is to be given. Also it gives the independent panel  another  chance to look how the EFL have been handling matters and cooperating with the said clubs and ways they could do better in the future. 

Guest mkowl
1 hour ago, steelowl said:

I never managed a sport team so it may be different but I've successfully managed other teams

and if someone is constantly causing unrest or dissent if after a failure to agree a way forward I would recommend they are shown the door 

What is telling to me without ITK of what went off is that these people were highlighted by Jos   I wonder if Monk and him had a discussion 

You failed with me on WTID 🤑

3 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

Because if we’re guilty, then the EFL didn’t give us the go ahead and we’ve in effect been found out as liars trying to dodge the punishment. 

Also if that was the case, anyone who tried to defend themselves with their interpretation of rules or correspondence in any grey area case whether in football or otherwise (rather than simply pleading guilty out of fear) would be deemed necessary to be given some kind of top up sentence but that’s not how the system is supposed to work. If we do get an aggravated breach style punishment I think we will have had to have gone against something explicit.  All depends on what these emails say I suppose.

1 hour ago, steelowl said:

I never managed a sport team so it may be different but I've successfully managed other teams

and if someone is constantly causing unrest or dissent if after a failure to agree a way forward I would recommend they are shown the door 

What is telling to me without ITK of what went off is that these people were highlighted by Jos   I wonder if Monk and him had a discussion 

Me too, did you ever seriously consider the option/choice that your style may have been part of the problem. My starting point was asking if there was anything I could do to help any given situation. 

What gets me is people are saying that Chansiri putting the club into administration makes no business sense at all. 

hang on. 

he’s got previous for doing things that make no business sense. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

What gets me is people are saying that Chansiri putting the club into administration makes no business sense at all. 

hang on. 

he’s got previous for doing things that make no business sense. 

Owning football clubs makes no business sense at all, period