THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Oh that? Had a lifetime of that lol Don't you find the pub the best bit of the day?  The match is icing on the cake if we win.

The pub is by far the best part. But for me it never used to be.

2 minutes ago, Bucksowl said:

And that is the issue the atmosphere around SWFC at present is toxic, only the fans can change that. 

No, I don’t agree that the atmosphere is “toxic” - I would say that there’s a general air of depression and acceptance that things are going to get much worse before they start to get better, but that’s not the same thing at all.

1 minute ago, Kew Owl said:

No, I don’t agree that the atmosphere is “toxic” - I would say that there’s a general air of depression and acceptance that things are going to get much worse before they start to get better, but that’s not the same thing at all.

It is when you read some of the comments on this and other sites. If you are told everything is c**p enough times guess what everything is c**p regardless of reality.

1 minute ago, Bucksowl said:

It is when you read some of the comments on this and other sites. If you are told everything is c**p enough times guess what everything is c**p regardless of reality.

But what if the reality is that everything is crap?

1 minute ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Easy, you just sell the car and the new owner pimps it and drives it correctly. lol

DC was like a new driver taking a bend too fast

Maybe but he did not have square wheels lol.

The point is if he goes now the chances are we will not have a club to moan about , its time to give a little rope, I am sure the fan base are capable of pulling it tight at a later more suitable date.

We're like a cork on a lake - gently bobbing about with little direction other than which way the wind is blowing.

Mid table mediocrity is the worst place for our fans base - we have a lot of penned up energy and frustration, which manifests itself poorly at times when things aren't going well. I almost think relegation could galvanise some of the fan base.

Wonder who Mr X is that’s done the interview with Sky about EFL wages and transfer fees,  a championship chairman who didn’t want to be named 

Interesting but slightly grim reading

5 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Agreed - he has put his money where his mouth is. A period of reconstruction is now required but if we do that intelligently we can still compete

So far DC has run the club like a kid collecting stickers for his Panini album.

I dont see us suddenly becoming shrewd or intelligent in the transfer market anytime soon.

Guest Grandad
4 minutes ago, Bucksowl said:

Lol, life is never as crap as its made out to be, this is football not life or death sorry

Relative to life - yes

But this is a football forum to discuss our football club

Tell us what isnt crap? Tell us what is better? what exactly have we achieved with £150m?

5 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

So far DC has run the club like a kid collecting stickers for his Panini album.

I dont see us suddenly becoming shrewd or intelligent in the transfer market anytime soon.

Time will tell and as I have said DC has made many mistakes - He knows he will need to learn from them otherwise we will be forever treading water and losing money. He needs to get us promoted to get the club back into profit

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

I don't believe we are in a better position, either on or off the pitch. I think the decisions he has made have been woeful

But thats not to say I'm not grateful for Mr Chansiris input during the Covid-19 crisis. As I said right from the start - if we go 6 months without fans in the ground the Chairman will need to find over £20m just to pay the wages. Without him - I strongly believe the club would have folded - and quite possibly before Wigan.

I don’t have a lot of time for DC and believe his decision making and narcissistic attitude have taken us backwards. BUT, and it’s a big but, in these completely unprecedented times he is a lot better for us, at the moment, than lots of other owners might be. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Time will tell and as I have said DC has made many mistakes - He knows he will need to learn from them otherwise we will be forever treading water and losing money. He needs to get us promoted to get the club back into profit

Promotion will never happen until he learns how to run the club at a sustainable level.

This will never happen until proper qualified staff are brought in to run key areas of the club and the big IF, DC will have to allow them to do it. Something that he has never allowed from day 1, every single decision is made by him, on everything from which player to buy to who to buy the stationery from, to the guy authorising the payment from the bank. This works if you are a sole trader, not if you are a professional football club.