THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest Grandad
15 minutes ago, Bucksowl said:

If we had been under DA we would not have survived the covid issue of the past 3 months, Time will tell what the impact will be on our club going forward but I believe there are many at the club who are grateful DC was running the club.

Grandad we can all moan I remember you have always had strong views (and I agree with many) but the constant lambasting of our owner by some people on this site (and I am told other sites) will only create a bunker mentality to those in charge.

Yes we are in a better position but yes it should be much better (however it could also have been a lot worse remember the past).

I don't believe we are in a better position, either on or off the pitch. I think the decisions he has made have been woeful

But thats not to say I'm not grateful for Mr Chansiris input during the Covid-19 crisis. As I said right from the start - if we go 6 months without fans in the ground the Chairman will need to find over £20m just to pay the wages. Without him - I strongly believe the club would have folded - and quite possibly before Wigan.

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, Bucksowl said:

A very blinkered view that is sorry.

The club is in a better position than when DA was in charge, we do have money (yes we all would spend it differently ),

It is easy to criticise and hindsight is an exact science.

An no I was not happy when the ground was sold, however I am sure advise was taken, whether that advise was correct or not I am sure we will find out in the not to distant future. 

Wait till you see the next accounts at the end of the month..let’s see how good a position we are in...

9 minutes ago, the third man said:

But the season was due to finish in May, the hearing was never set to take place before the end of the season, so there must be a case for any points deduction to take place next season, or at least grounds to appeal if a possible points deduction relegates us this season

We don't know that the hearing was set to take place after May.

In fact there may not have been any disciplinary proceedings, because the arbitration case was supposed to decide if disciplinary proceedings could proceed at all

But we don't know what happened to that arbitration case. Personal misconduct charges were dropped on 20 March and the arbitration case seems to have morphed into disciplinary proceedings.

A report said the Disciplinary Commission started work on April 10.
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-efl-hearing-points-18076336

3 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

If...and yes I know...a big IF...we get through this with no points deduction and the panel, in its summing up, heavily criticise the EFL for trying to “stitch” DC up with misleading advice, there will still be folk wanting DC to “get out of our club”, their view but at some point we’re going to have to accept mistakes have been made and that everyone from the chairman to Ozzie Owl wants this club to be a success.

”The past is a foreign country, they do things differently there.”

the panel would rather saw its arm off than criticise the efl, you don't bite the hand that feeds you.

perhaps they'll likely 'point out discrepancies in procedures' that are being acted upon!

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I don't believe we are in a better position, either on or off the pitch. I think the decisions he has made have been woeful

But thats not to say I'm not grateful for Mr Chansiris input during the Covid-19 crisis. As I said right from the start - if we go 6 months without fans in the ground the Chairman will need to find over £20m just to pay the wages. Without him - I strongly believe the club would have folded - and quite possibly before Wigan.

Lets agree to disagree on this, there are more important things in this world to argue about. At least you see DC's value over covid 19 their may well still be hope lol 

20 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

on the pitch, agree, we’ve stood still for 5 years, but with the amount of cash he’s pumping in, he deserves another go at it....with lessons learned hopefully!  

edit:  apologies, just realised your question was aimed at someone else 

We haven’t stood still. We went forward in DC’s first year and then we’ve gone backward every year since

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Wait till you see the next accounts at the end of the month..let’s see how good a position we are in...

The accounts are irrelevant as long as we have a line of credit that provides funds for us to continue to operate.

And yes they will look awful suspect 2021 accounts will be even worse unless crowds are allowed back in to grounds 

Edited by Bucksowl
spelling an to and
  • Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, Bucksowl said:

The accounts are irrelevant as long as we have a line of credit that provides funds for us to continue to operate.

Ad yes they will look awful suspect 2021 accounts will be even worse unless crowds are allowed back in to grounds 

Whatever way we look at it...there is no way this club is in a good place at the moment..on or off the pitch..it’s just not possible to say we are

2 minutes ago, Bucksowl said:

And yes they will look awful suspect 2021 accounts will be even worse unless crowds are allowed back in to grounds 

There far from irrelevant, we could break p&s again and face another points deduction for next season 

• Like 2

Guest Grandad
8 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

We haven’t stood still. We went forward in DC’s first year and then we’ve gone backward every year since

And now are further back than we were when he joined

Just now, teddybeararmy said:

There far from irrelevant, we could break p&s again and face another points deduction for next season 

The EFL will have to relax the rules around P&S or every club in the EFL (that survive) will break them over the remainder of this season and next season.

19 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Presumably we will be around the £20m loss mark based on the trading in the year and the fact Abdi, Jones, Matias, Fletcher, Fessi and the rest were still on the wage bill until the end of last season.

Just now, Bucksowl said:

The EFL will have to relax the rules around P&S or every club in the EFL (that survive) will break them over the remainder of this season and next season.

Its already been mooted that it will be relaxed for this season but the next set of accounts are for 18-19.

6 minutes ago, Bucksowl said:

But the current preceding are for the 2017/18 season not last season 2018/19 we haven't filed those account yet so we will face charge if we break £21m ish in the account that need to be filed no later than 31 July 2020.

We were in a better position than the “old guard” days, probably about 2 seasons ago. But right now I‘m not sure if we’re on an even keel with those days, or worse off. Depends how you look at it...either way I don’t think we’re in a better position anymore sadly. Chansiri is happy to continue paying for our losses right now, but what happens when that dries up, or his enthusiasm dries up? We might end up on the high court steps again, just like the the old guard who decided they didn’t want to chuck anymore money at the cause. 

At least back then, as a fan base, we knew we were up poo creek without a paddle, and generally we were united behind just supporting the team and trying to get some change in the boardroom. We were not paying high ticket prices either. 

I think the bloke means well, but he’s needed help since day one. He disbanded the transfer committee Unnecessarily and far too quickly. Sad thing is that, with the right people involved, his cash, enthusiasm and passion, stuff could have been so much better imo. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1