THE EFL HEARING THREAD

14 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Wonder who Mr X is that’s done the interview with Sky about EFL wages and transfer fees,  a championship chairman who didn’t want to be named 

Interesting but slightly grim reading

A report was published a few days ago that in the 2018/9 season, the Championship clubs as a whole were spending 105% of their total income on player salaries alone. No other line of business would operate that way without expecting a cataclysmic crash in the short term. This pandemic might ultimately be seen as that moment for the EFL (especially in Leagues 1 and 2) in due course. Yet no one in authority seems too bothered about it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Relative to life - yes

But this is a football forum to discuss our football club

Tell us what isnt crap? Tell us what is better? what exactly have we achieved with £150m?

Very little I am not disputing that we had 2 seasons where we nearly got to the prem but that is it.

Yes players should have been sold and the squad invested in from the receipts. 

We should have a more defined structure at the club so their is a clear leader who is driving development,

However moaning about it will not change the situation, so either support the club or get off of the bus because it will not change overnight and seeing the way DC operates and takes crissum the continual bitching will not make him change his mind and make him more likely to jump ship.

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, Bucksowl said:

Very little I am not disputing that we had 2 seasons where we nearly got to the prem but that is it.

Yes players should have been sold and the squad invested in from the receipts. 

We should have a more defined structure at the club so their is a clear leader who is driving development,

However moaning about it will not change the situation, so either support the club or get off of the bus because it will not change overnight and seeing the way DC operates and takes crissum the continual bitching will not make him change his mind and make him more likely to jump ship.

I'd be amazed if he jumped ship because a few critics on Owlstalk were moaning about the lack of progress

I'd much more expect him to jump ship because he is haemorrhaging £4m a month

5 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

A report was published a few days ago that in the 2018/9 season, the Championship clubs as a whole were spending 105% of their total income on player salaries alone. No other line of business would operate that way without expecting a cataclysmic crash in the short term. This pandemic might ultimately be seen as that moment for the EFL (especially in Leagues 1 and 2) in due course. Yet no one in authority seems too bothered about it.

Football will never be run like any other business, but yeah , agree it’s unsustainable and we’re probably heading for an absolute meltdown 

Just now, Grandad said:

I'd be amazed if he jumped ship because a few critics on Owlstalk were moaning about the lack of progress

I'd much more expect him to jump ship because he is haemorrhaging £4m a month

Would you stay in a house you were not wanted in ?

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, Bucksowl said:

If I owned the house lock stock and barrel?

Absolutely

Guest Therealrealist
7 minutes ago, Bucksowl said:

I would if it wer my house..and id payed for it..some of the teplys in this thread are bizzare

Guest Grandad
Just now, Bucksowl said:

point missed but did not expect agreement take care

I think I must have missed the point - it did seem a strange question

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

Ok put it another way....If the EFL said clubs are going to go out of existence from the end of this season unless their chairman can put £100M in a fund to ensure their safety...which clubs do you think will go under?

Yes we will also be fine if the EFL also say only clubs who have a chairman who is part of a tuna fishing family can be a member of their league

1 minute ago, Sefton owl said:

Why the hell is this taking so long??!! All we want as fans is clarification, good or bad.

perhaps the EFL don't want to lose face by announcing that, instead of being guilty as hell we've been given a slap on the wrist fine...Parry would have been crowing from the rooftops if we'd been docked points...he's been talking to DC perhaps our chairman has explained to him about losing face 😄

Guest wilyfox

I see no urgency from either party to resolve this. Let's face it, the hearing was only brought forward because other clubs complained. I suspect wrong-doing on both sides, so maybe they don't know how to settle this in a fair way that won't lead to legal action. 

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I see no urgency from either party to resolve this. Let's face it, the hearing was only brought forward because other clubs complained. I suspect wrong-doing on both sides, so maybe they don't know how to settle this in a fair way that won't lead to legal action. 

As I suggested previously ...only solution is to settle it on the roll of a dice.............1-5 we are cleared...............6......roll again.

• Haha 1

Guest Ronson

There'll be no announcement until this thread reaches 500 pages, we all need to up the ante and get typing.

2 minutes ago, Ronson said:

There'll be no announcement until this thread reaches 500 pages, we all need to up the ante and get typing.

Ask Neil to go back to Whitby (or a new destination of his choice!) & it should be a doddle

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

As I suggested previously ...only solution is to settle it on the roll of a dice.............1-5 we are cleared...............6......roll again.

Cue Atta Chansiri bringing his octahedron dice from his Dungeons and Dragons set and we roll a 7.

• Haha 1