THE EFL HEARING THREAD

17 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Could just as easily be the club who’s delaying this as much as the EFL

IF its the case that points deductions can only happen in the curent season if the case is concluded before the end of the season then I don't blame the club for delaying. Despite the clamour from some on here to 'get it over with' to me starting next season on minus points is better than relagation this season. Never bought into the 'rebuild in League 1' argument, even less so now that nobody knows what Lg1 will even look like in 2020/2021

9 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Chansiri's heart might be in the right place but from a business point of view his tenure as owner of the club has been a shambles so far no matter how much you try dressing it up. Regardless whether we are right or wrong in this EFL case, the fact we had to sell the ground in the first place is a pretty poor situation considering he walked into this club with a clean slate. Lack of sponsorships, nothing on the corporate side etc..the list goes on.

And as for 2 playoff seasons on the bounce, I dont class that as an achievement personally as we failed on both occasions, there is no prizes for been runners up. Although I blame Carlos more for that shambles to be fair.

I honestly hope/pray whatever the outcome of the verdict that this is wake up call DC has so desperately needed, we have said every season he will learn from past mistakes and things will only get better, personally I dont see it although I'd love to be proved wrong.

Absolutely spot on fella, post of the years for me.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

The bit in bold is exactly my thoughts, there will have been advice, we don’t know what the advice was, nobody but DC, the EFL and the panel does, it will all come out in the wash, until then how anybody can judge anyone is beyond me.

Not sure DC has a great track record on either taking advice, or having the right advisers in place.

Its often been "my way or the Highway" in the past (alledgedly) 

Guest Grandad
28 minutes ago, Bucksowl said:

A very blinkered view that is sorry.

The club is in a better position than when DA was in charge, we do have money (yes we all would spend it differently ),

It is easy to criticise and hindsight is an exact science.

An no I was not happy when the ground was sold, however I am sure advise was taken, whether that advise was correct or not I am sure we will find out in the not to distant future. 

Can you advise how you think we are in a better position than when he arrived?

Serious question

4 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Serious question

Serious question...

Do you remember who DA was, and if you do, whats your drink>

Edit: that was for the other guy lol..

Edited by keepitsteel89
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Serious question

the pitch, the scoreboard I can't see, the blinding advertisement boards,....er....D-Taxis.....the list goes on....er we got to see Carlos's cheeky interviews...had a nice ********-up at the Green Man...what do you want?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

IF its the case that points deductions can only happen in the curent season if the case is concluded before the end of the season then I don't blame the club for delaying. Despite the clamour from some on here to 'get it over with' to me starting next season on minus points is better than relagation this season. Never bought into the 'rebuild in League 1' argument, even less so now that nobody knows what Lg1 will even look like in 2020/2021

But the season was due to finish in May, the hearing was never set to take place before the end of the season, so there must be a case for any points deduction to take place next season, or at least grounds to appeal if a possible points deduction relegates us this season

If we had been under DA we would not have survived the covid issue of the past 3 months, Time will tell what the impact will be on our club going forward but I believe there are many at the club who are grateful DC was running the club.

Grandad we can all moan I remember you have always had strong views (and I agree with many) but the constant lambasting of our owner by some people on this site (and I am told other sites) will only create a bunker mentality to those in charge.

Yes we are in a better position but yes it should be much better (however it could also have been a lot worse remember the past).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

I'm fairly sure we have heard, although perhaps not officially. But why does the club need to tell us the hearing is taking place anyway?

It doesn't actually affect us, does it, just the club we support? I know that's a bit of a contradiction, but we aren't actual stakeholders/shareholders in the company, just fans of the football club. There is a huge difference. It doesn't affect our investment or our own personal finances, but that of the business that controls the club we support.

Don't get me wrong, I do agree that football is very different to other businesses, and the fans should be updated on things of this nature, but the club don't have to and probably can't until such times as a decision has been made, and can be made public.

Football is completely democratic to the total exclusion of all fans.

A fan makes a racist comment life time ban and rightly so. A  player makes a racist comment 6 week ban and attend awareness class.

A fan gets in a scuffle two year ban £200 fine + costs.  A player does a two footed drop kick on fan or Bites  fellow player, 10 week ban.

Yeah, I recon fans need a little more consideration and involvement. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

If thats the case it should have been an open and shut case, end of story.

Obviously its not as clear cut as that

or on the other hand 'obviously it's not as clear cut' as they needed to find against us, in front of their own panel.

surely by now they'd had time for ALL evidence to be submitted, so the hold up can only be they don't like the decision, as IF we didn't like it, it would have been passed down upon us, and that would have been that.

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
10 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

on the pitch, agree, we’ve stood still for 5 years, but with the amount of cash he’s pumping in, he deserves another go at it....with lessons learned hopefully!  

edit:  apologies, just realised your question was aimed at someone else 

It was aimed at someone else - but your input is just as welcome mate

25 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Serious question

Put simply, We are not. but we are in a significantly better place than recent prior incumbents IMO. We could have been sailing the high seas with Mammadov, Where would that have left us, luck is very much a factor in football.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest Ferkorf
2 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Put simply, We are not. but we are in a significantly better place than recent prior incumbents IMO. We could have been sailing the high seas with Mammadov, Where would that have left us, luck is very much a factor in football.

Ahh I totally forgot about this guy.

The land of fire man lol

Totally dodged a Bullet there

Edited by Ferkorf