How much have you missed football?

How much have you missed football?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. How much have you missed football?

• LOADS! I can't wait for it to come back!
    • MEH - So So....
    • NOPE - Not missed it at all really..

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

That's ok

We're all Wednesday fans here mate, all equal. Nobody is a better/bigger fan than anyone else

Some might be drunker than others though

lol

Im just glad we never see you posting when you are drunk mate. lol

• Haha 1

I've either had a season ticket or worked on the Turnstiles for the last 32 years, missing very few home matches and also going to plenty of away matches.

I have to say sadly and quite surprisingly I haven't missed it at all.

20 years ago or longer I would have really missed it and couldn't wait for it to restart but not now.

Is that due to the relative state of both Sheffield clubs? Partly maybe

But much more depressing for me is that Football in general seems to have its soul and completely sold out to TV Companies and generally Money in general.

Some of the wages paid to these so called superstars are disgraceful especially when compared to our NHS staff (Particularly right now, but even prior to the Coronavirus).

Football has always generally been the Clubs with most Money are more successful but now more than ever that's the case.

It's much more a business than a sport nowadays, clearly shown when finishing 17th in the PL is more important to Clubs than the Glory  (still applies to many fans) of winning a Cup Competion.

The cost to us of going to watch our team play is also something that riles me, 40 Quid to watch a poor 2nd tier team isn't exactly enticing.

The behind closed doors to earn Clubs Tv money boils my wee wee too and it's definetly NOT for the fans benefit and all about the Money.

Guess I'm just showing my age, but give me the game of my youth (The 80s) over today's Football anyday.

After saying all this I've no doubt I'll be there for our 1st game back with Crowds let in, like many on here im a sucker for punishment. 

The game and indeed SWFC though do test my patience to the very limit.

I do miss the away matches with the lads but that's more about the day and the company than the football.

Edited by OWL1969
  • Like 3

Guest struckanerve
4 hours ago, Blue and white said:

The whole covid lockdown has made me see football for what it is and I'm starting to to take a bit of a dislike to it.

Sadly the sport I love and have devoted a large part of my life to is completely broken and ruled by the gods of greed and money.

In many ways I wish it would just go under and start again.

We as a club could certainly do with a reset, where success is once again based on local players coming through and the passion of the local community for football. We should have never voted for the Premier League, industrial northern towns are not glamorous and it's why the likes of ourselves and Sunderland are being replaced by Brighton and Bournemouth. Even the mighty Manchester United struggle, Mourinho didn't wanna live there and Di Maria's missus summed up the kind of attitude foreign players have to northern towns and cities.

11 hours ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Agreed and been to 3 out of the 4 games you mentioned above - absolutely love away games, home games bore the life out of me - not just the football but the whole experience. I only get a season ticket to ensure I have the priority points for away games.

Brentford was a cracking day out, probably the best of the season for me but obviously the football didn’t contribute to that, which is why I know I haven’t missed it!

yes im same and totally agree enjoyed Brentford too apart from what went on the on pitch.

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

How do you make that assumption?

Do you not find it bizarre how many people who go to games are in this thread saying people don't go to games?

You know.....

Saying it to each other like it's true

On Owlstalk

People who go to games

Saying other people on Owlstalk don't go to games

On Owlstalk

Saying other people on Owlstalk don't go to games

lol

It's amazing

Humans are amazing

Totally amazing sometimes

Watching it online doesn't count. 

12 hours ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Quite the opposite really

If you’ve missed football you clearly haven’t been to watch Wednesday this season lol

It's not just about the football, it's meeting up with family and friends before games socializing. 

The football has never put me off going, I've been going since 1969 and never once thought about it.

I'm sorry if I've upset any of the those who only want to go when we're doing well.  

I'm sure the results of the pole would be different if we was sitting in a play off place. 

We’ve been very difficult to watch since December. Drubbing after drubbing. Haven’t missed that at all.

However, had Footie been stopped at Christmas, with us third, having beaten Bristol City, on a run of P5 W4. D1. GF11. GA3......then yes, I would be missing football enormously.

7 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

I've either had a season ticket or worked on the Turnstiles for the last 32 years, missing very few home matches and also going to plenty of away matches.

I have to say sadly and quite surprisingly I haven't missed it at all.

20 years ago or longer I would have really missed it and couldn't wait for it to restart but not now.

Is that due to the relative state of both Sheffield clubs? Partly maybe

But much more depressing for me is that Football in general seems to have its soul and completely sold out to TV Companies and generally Money in general.

Some of the wages paid to these so called superstars are disgraceful especially when compared to our NHS staff (Particularly right now, but even prior to the Coronavirus).

Football has always generally been the Clubs with most Money are more successful but now more than ever that's the case.

It's much more a business than a sport nowadays, clearly shown when finishing 17th in the PL is more important to Clubs than the Glory  (still applies to many fans) of winning a Cup Competion.

The cost to us of going to watch our team play is also something that riles me, 40 Quid to watch a poor 2nd tier team isn't exactly enticing.

The behind closed doors to earn Clubs Tv money boils my wee wee too and it's definetly NOT for the fans benefit and all about the Money.

Guess I'm just showing my age, but give me the game of my youth (The 80s) over today's Football anyday.

After saying all this I've no doubt I'll be there for our 1st game back with Crowds let in, like many on here im a sucker for punishment. 

The game and indeed SWFC though do test my patience to the very limit.

I do miss the away matches with the lads but that's more about the day and the company than the football.

This !!!

• Thanks 1

Only 170 voted so nowhere near a  proper reflection of fans opinions. 

Possibly just confirming what a lot of our fans tell me when I mention owls talk forum to them. 

Full of football managers and fans of other local clubs taking wee wee.  :tango:

12 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Possibly just confirming what a lot of our fans tell me when I mention owls talk forum to them. 

Full of football managers and fans of other local clubs taking wee wee.  :tango:

I wish I were as cool as you

You and your cool friends must be reyt cool n that

lol

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, bradowl said:

What's you're category on here then?

• Haha 3

Same as others, missed the first few games but genuinely couldn’t give a poo about it now and it’s not just Wednesday or Football, it’s all professional sport.  What I do miss however is playing football myself, even 5-a-side on a Wednesday evening

Guest Grandad

Blimey

Theres a MASSIVE amount of willy measuring going on in this thread.

Truefans v Everybody else.

Give me the humble 5 games a season bloke who can't afford Home & Away against some of the condescending tw ats who think their view is more important because they go to more games