How much have you missed football?

How much have you missed football?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. How much have you missed football?

• LOADS! I can't wait for it to come back!
    • MEH - So So....
    • NOPE - Not missed it at all really..

Missing it like mad! I’m a football fan who will watch any football that is on tv... And when there’s no footy on.. I’ll just watch sky sports news on repeat. I can’t wait for it to come back on! My wife on the other hand is ABSOLUTELY loving it! Haha 

I’m also not wasting as much money! 

Through the summer months I'm usually ticking off every Saturday knowing it's a week closer to the August start of a new season.

Couldn't be less bothered now ... No enthusiasm at all for either this season restarting or whenever season 20/21 comes around.

Football has shown it's true colours during this shutdown and just one thing motivates ... Money!

They couldn't give a sh*t whether supporters are allowed or not as long as they grab whatever money they can.

It needs to come crashing back to earth for a full reset.

3 minutes ago, erowl said:

Through the summer months I'm usually ticking off every Saturday knowing it's a week closer to the August start of a new season.

Couldn't be less bothered now ... No enthusiasm at all for either this season restarting or whenever season 20/21 comes around.

Football has shown it's true colours during this shutdown and just one thing motivates ... Money!

They couldn't give a sh*t whether supporters are allowed or not as long as they grab whatever money they can.

It needs to come crashing back to earth for a full reset.

Don't hold yer breath.

I had this conversation earlier this week. We decided that we're missing the social side not the football. I can't wait to have a few drinks and something to eat with friends and family.  At the moment I honestly couldn't give a throw if football never restarts.

2 minutes ago, sage owl said:

I had this conversation earlier this week. We decided that we're missing the social side not the football. I can't wait to have a few drinks and something to eat with friends and family.  At the moment I honestly couldn't give a throw if football never restarts.

BTW I am / was a home and away supporter before the @truefans pipe up.

Edited by sage owl
Spelling

The football authorities have shown their true colours during this pandemic and whilst I was cynical about them before, I certainly have no respect for them now.  All motivated by money and no care for the lower league clubs or the grass roots of the game.

Frankly I haven't missed it.  My Sky Sports subscription has been suspended and I doubt that I will restart it.  The whole game needs a reality check, but I'm not convinced it will happen

I’m missing it loads now. I’m even watching German football and supporting Hertha Berlin because they play in blue and white. 

For me it’s like the close season, at first I don’t miss it and enjoy the free time, then I find myself thinking about it more and more.

Guest struckanerve

Not missing the football, from Leeds away onwards, some of the worst stuff dished up in the past 20 years. I only watch Wednesday, not bothered about the modern money football, so I've enjoyed the break from our dismal performances.

Nope not missed it!

Mainly because we were doing crap!

In a couple of weeks, I'll be missing the Euros!

Mates, Beers, BBQ, 120 inch Projector to watch the matches on and England hopefully doing decent!

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's a good point

Has everyone suspended their Sky Sports?

Cancelled ours, know a few people who have also cancelled. I'd love to see figures on what shortfall they now have. I for one won't be renewing. 

Think it may have a knock on effect to the red button provision as well. 

The whole covid lockdown has made me see football for what it is and I'm starting to to take a bit of a dislike to it.

Sadly the sport I love and have devoted a large part of my life to is completely broken and ruled by the gods of greed and money.

In many ways I wish it would just go under and start again.

Edited by Blue and white

3 hours ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

I’m missing it loads now. I’m even watching German football and supporting Hertha Berlin because they play in blue and white. 

For me it’s like the close season, at first I don’t miss it and enjoy the free time, then I find myself thinking about it more and more.

Managed by Bruno Labbadia who probably should’ve got the job here ahead of Jos? Nice one DC? 🙄

First few weeks after it was suspended I didn't miss it much if at all. It was more down to the fact it had got so bad and the mood was so low that we as fans I think needed some time away from it. As it's gone on however I'd say I've missed it quite a bit. For all the negatives of football (and there are plenty don't get me wrong) it's still the best game in the world. I know there's a lot of anger and frustration at the club, I have my own frustrations with them but they're the club/team I support and not having that to do does feel weird.