How much have you missed football?

How much have you missed football?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. How much have you missed football?

• LOADS! I can't wait for it to come back!
    • MEH - So So....
    • NOPE - Not missed it at all really..

17 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Good for you.

But what's that got to do with your claim that this thread proves that 'the majority on this web site just don’t go to the games'?

We’ll leave it there, you have your view and I have mine.   UTO 

I think some of the posts on this thread show that there is growing disillusionment with the way things are at our club at the moment and in truth not many have missed us playing. Something for Chansiri to think about particularly in the current climate with the prices he charges.

Not much at all really. Think my mindset is that there’s more important things going on in the world right now. I’m more niggled that they are trying to finish the season in truth. 

I’ve enjoyed watching some of the old classic games being televised in recent weeks. It’s always odd seeing games where a defender has the ball at his feet and you think to yourself ‘clear it’ only for him to tap it back to the keeper. 

19 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think some of the posts on this thread show that there is growing disillusionment with the way things are at our club at the moment and in truth not many have missed us playing. Something for Chansiri to think about particularly in the current climate with the prices he charges.

Believe me I talk to an hell of a lot of Wednesday fans through the week and owlstalk is nowhere near a fair reflection of our fanbase in my opinion 

I wouldn't worry about what gets posted on here a lot of of our fanbase ridicule owlstalkers and the forum

Just now, bladeshater said:

Believe me I talk to an hell of a lot of Wednesday fans through the week and owlstalk is nowhere near a fair reflection of our fanbase in my opinion 

I wouldn't worry about what gets posted on here a lot of of our fanbase ridicule owlstalkers and the forum

so the fanbase you talk with are happy with the performances, results and the way DC runs the club? 

3 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Loving your market research mate

lol

Owlstalk Shop

im missing it, even though i wasnt enjoying it at all before the lockdown. I suppose im kidding myself that we"re going to come back on fire. I do the same every close season. It doesnt last very long lol

Not missed the game too much, but I always try to get the best out of every situation and the lack of football or even being able to go out has saved me loads of monayyyyyyyyyyyy.

I have got the credit card bill down and even saved up some cash.

The FA, Prem and EFL have really made a dogs dinner of the situation, all down to TV money.

Guest The Horse

Think opinions might be different if we were decent before all this.

Ask the blunts the same question, I'd wager their fans will be chomping at the bit to get back to it.
But yes - I miss it.
I miss the feeling of getting up knowing it's match day. Booze, food and optimism walking in to the ground.
Fresh air, your tribe around you all wanting the same thing.
Can't wait to be back.

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

I've missed it like bloody hell. 

Clear to see that there's a large number of people on here who don't go or rarely go to games. 

How do you make that assumption?

Do you not find it bizarre how many people who go to games are in this thread saying people don't go to games?

You know.....

Saying it to each other like it's true

On Owlstalk

People who go to games

Saying other people on Owlstalk don't go to games

On Owlstalk

Saying other people on Owlstalk don't go to games

lol

It's amazing

Humans are amazing

Totally amazing sometimes

Owlstalk Shop

I think that for many of us who have lost friends and family it's made us realise just how unimportant football is compared to the reality of life... I hadn't really missed watching football until last weekend when the Bundesliga started and I've watched games with no fans in. That showed just how much watching it with full houses, passionate fans and the excitement at full notch means. It's not the same without us and I am now looking forward to the real thing as long as it doesn't put anyone at risk.

Edited by daveyboy66

8 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I've missed it like bloody hell. 

Clear to see that there's a large number of people on here who don't go or rarely go to games. 

Quite the opposite really

If you’ve missed football you clearly haven’t been to watch Wednesday this season lol

• Haha 3

I don't agree for 1 min that football should restart without supporters , but clearly they have contracts with sky,bt,quest, worldwide and without resuming the clubs wont get paid and that without a doubt will bankrupt most clubs , if the players contracts are watertight and cant be scrapped or paid 50% less then all clubs below prem would go into administration within weeks/months. nobody doubts the greed etc but sadly this is in everything in life I wish it wasn't but its 2020 and that's the way it is.