How much have you missed football?

How much have you missed football?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. How much have you missed football?

• LOADS! I can't wait for it to come back!
    • MEH - So So....
    • NOPE - Not missed it at all really..

Guest Grandad
7 minutes ago, Spookone said:

I’ve had a shareholders or season ticket for around 15 years and am not missing it at all really - sad but true.

Part timer

12 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Blimey

Theres a MASSIVE amount of willy measuring going on in this thread.

Truefans v Everybody else.

Give me the humble 5 games a season bloke who can't afford Home & Away against some of the condescending tw ats who think their view is more important because they go to more games

It doesn't matter how many games someone goes to; if they're a Wednesday fan who spends their time slagging off Owlstalk, then they're cool.

And if said fan has nearly 17,000 posts on here? They're doubly cool.

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It doesn't matter how many games someone goes to; if they're a Wednesday fan who spends their time slagging off Owlstalk, then they're cool.

And if said fan has nearly 17,000 posts on here? They're doubly cool.

The ultimate irony

I’ve missed watching football but not the Wednesday of the last 3 years and life under Chansiri. Wouldn’t mind if championship season was finished now by whatever means. But I’ll watch the PL games on tv when they happen. 

Nowhere near as much as I thought I would. I think it’s probably based on the apathy that has set in at SWFC over the last 3 years. I’m sure my mindset will change when things start to turnaround for us. The EPL has become tedious at best for me as well. Bar the odd exceptions the EPL is largely predictable on a weekly basis. 

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

The ultimate irony

It's hilarious, isn't it?

It's like they think it's going to hurt someone's feelings to be told that the REAL fans think Owlstalk's full of sh*te and everyone who posts on it is a clueless nerd, whilst apparently being unaware of the fact that they're using Owlstalk to tell us this, or that they themselves play quite an active role in Owlstalk, what with having thousands upon thousands of posts.

It's like going every weekend to the same nightclub and telling everyone you come across that the DJ's crap, the beer's watered down and the only people who go there are tasteless knobheads.

:duntmatter:

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's like going every weekend to the same nightclub and telling everyone you come across that the DJ's crap, the beer's watered down and the only people who go there are tasteless knobheads.

I really miss Club Wow as well.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, bradowl said:

It's not just about the football, it's meeting up with family and friends before games socializing. 

The football has never put me off going, I've been going since 1969 and never once thought about it.

I'm sorry if I've upset any of the those who only want to go when we're doing well.  

I'm sure the results of the pole would be different if we was sitting in a play off place. 

I confess to being a part timer.

i admire those who attend religiously like I did 20-30  years ago. It’s a love affair. I miss the social side of it, not the football.

I have every sympathy for our fans who have to put up with the turgid offerings on the pitch. which comes at no small cost.

29 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I confess to being a part timer.

i admire those who attend religiously like I did 20-30  years ago. It’s a love affair. I miss the social side of it, not the football.

I have every sympathy for our fans who have to put up with the turgid offerings on the pitch. which comes at no small cost.

Don't feel sorry for anyone nobody is press ganged into attending games it's voluntary

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Don’t really understand those posters that come on here saying owlstalk basically is a load of crap. Why not just leave the site and not come on here. That’s right, you can’t because you love it! Long live owlstalk :-)

That's a cracking idea, I'll pop back next time we're doing well just to see how two faced some folks are on here. 

Si thi. :tango: