How much have you missed football?

How much have you missed football?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. How much have you missed football?

• LOADS! I can't wait for it to come back!
    • MEH - So So....
    • NOPE - Not missed it at all really..

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's hilarious, isn't it?

It's like they think it's going to hurt someone's feelings to be told that the REAL fans think Owlstalk's full of sh*te and everyone who posts on it is a clueless nerd, whilst apparently being unaware of the fact that they're using Owlstalk to tell us this, or that they themselves play quite an active role in Owlstalk, what with having thousands upon thousands of posts.

It's like going every weekend to the same nightclub and telling everyone you come across that the DJ's crap, the beer's watered down and the only people who go there are tasteless knobheads.

:duntmatter:

I used to go to that club! :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Fair enough, but the dream that was sold to them 3-4 years ago is a distant memory. 

I dont remember being offered a dream ....some fans may have had high expectations that didn't materialise but that's football you take the highs and the lows .

25 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I dont remember being offered a dream ....some fans may have had high expectations that didn't materialise but that's football you take the highs and the lows .

The lows are a given.  

The attempted justification of high gate prices are embarrassing.

10 hours ago, PortlandOwl said:

Starting watching a Bundesliga match on Saturday but felt bored after about ten minutes. It all seemed really flat with no fans.

I thought exactly same week before ,I wont be watching it again without fans. im sorry if some don't agree but life needs to as best as possible revert back to normal , these totally unnatural things whats schools are expected to do , having a tapped off area for everyone on beach and so on is just totally crazy ,protect the frail/elderly and let the rest of us get back to life protect our jobs , protect not losing our homes without going back to mostly normality none of that will be possible , the hudds owner expects 60 clubs to go bust , im expecting upto 10 million out of work ,a total breakdown in society ,many made homeless ,the only way to stop that is normality . the only people losing there life are the very ill and people in care homes ,they can easily be protected ,then the rest of us can try to stop this car crash happening. im sick of hearing b*ll from scientists there like a load of dictators from north korea. everybody has had enough 

8 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

the only people losing there life are the very ill and people in care homes ,they can easily be protected

Please stop posting this nonsense.

It's not just ignorant and ill informed but it's dangerous to post stuff like this where you could influence others when you're clearly chatting nonsense.

Go and get educated on this matter before posting about it again on here.

Owlstalk Shop

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Please stop posting this nonsense.

It's not just ignorant and ill informed but it's dangerous to post stuff like this where you could influence others when you're clearly chatting nonsense.

Go and get educated on this matter before posting about it again on here.

I think everyone has there own opinion ,I have mine. all I can see is total anarchy if lockdown continues , already companies are starting to fold like a pack of cards . I get about a lot I meet lots of different types of people I listen to them , I even listen to very old frail people and its breaking there heart what this lockdown is doing to peoples lives and what effect its having on children particularly . the stats clearly state 95% of deaths have underlaying health conditions that's a fact , the other 5% are mostly over 70 too , yes there are some deaths from bus drivers ,nurses,doctors and so on what are absolutely tragic ,I just wish the gov would protect them better.  its not about me having my football fix its about the general situation and what is best for most . I don't know how much you know the state the nhs is in at the min but I know many people who aint getting the treatment they need ,someone I knows friends husband died the other day due to total neglect by the nhs ,he was in hospital 2 days and should never have been discharged now his wife is burying him , I have a client who is terrified last week she was struggling to see ,again nhs nowhere for her , I know of people who are missing vital cancer care I can go on and on but I wont. reason I posted what I have is not cause im a heartless bast*rd its just some people are that scared when they certainly don't need to be , we still need to do our part but in a less severe way. 

Edited by handworth52
s

I live in the Midlands. I miss the day out. It's me and one or both of my lads usually. Drive or train up. See my Mum (who I haven't been able to see at all since March). Then down to the game, chat with a few people I know, pop into the megastore and/or the programme shop. 

Watch the game. 

Then travel home. If we're on the train, often a bit more chat with Wednesdayites and sometimes other fans.

The game is only a small part of it. I miss the day, the football itself - not so much. It's about family, friends and a bit of camaraderie. 

More gutted the Isle of Man TT, Moto GP, World super bike and British super bike were cancelled 

I’m also more gutted snooker world championship at crucible was cancelled 

Footballs utter sh!te these days so not bothered about it

4 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Well this complete apathy shows why our atmospheres are as flat as a pancake at Hillsborough these days. 

It's a chicken and egg scenario, isn't it?

Do the fans create an atmosphere which encourages the players to perform, or do the players perform in a way which helps the crowd create an atmosphere?

When we were chasing the playoffs under Carvalhal, it felt like the fans initially responded to the players rather than the other way around.

I've not missed it at all, at my age it was getting a bit of a grind anyway

Year in year out of watching mediocre millionaires parading as footballers, sometimes putting the effort in, sometimes not, has taken it's toll

I always thought I would go to Hillsborough until the day I die, but I'm not sure anymore

I'm not throwing my toys out on Saturday evenings anymore

Saturday night's have become lovely

This was my first season of a 3 year season ticket, but I can honestly say if I hadn't got a season ticket for next season it wouldn't bother me

I'm missing Formula 1 much much more than football

I won't be going to Hillsborough until a Corona vaccine has been discovered, and with the length of time it takes to find a such vaccines, I may not be at Hillsborough at all next season

The scary thing for football is there will be loads like me, that have found the world doesn't exist around football

I hope it's the kick up the bottom football has needed since Sky TV ruined it

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.