• See Ya
  10. 10. Atdhe Nuhiu

• New Contract
    • See Ya
  11. 11. Fernando Forestieri

• New Contract
    • See Ya

Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 15.05.42.jpg

There are 11 senior players whose deals expire with Sheffield Wednesday on June 30: Paul Jones, Morgan Fox, Osaze Urhoghide, Matt Penney, Joey Pelupessy, Sam Hutchinson, Kieran Lee, Steven Fletcher, Sam Winnall, Atdhe Nuhiu and Fernando Forestieri.

What we saying?

New contract!
OR
See ya!

Vote and let's see what Wednesday fans think about this..

Owlstalk Shop

The only ones I would keep are Fletch and Urhoghide.

I’ve never rated Fox and Pelupessy. Sadly Hutchinson’s and Lee’s best days are behind them. I think Forestieri needs a fresh start. I’m split on Nuhiu but I voted see ya. 

Big clear out put on the cards potentially?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Good grief. Do many people here actually go to games. Fox has been pants since he got here, but successive managers have destroyed the team so badly that he he looks ok. He. Lee Hutch FF have been three of our best performers in the last twenty years, and would probably all get in a team of the decade. Just who do you replace them with on free transfers? Please name me three better players in their positions we can bring in for free next season? I’m intrigued.

If, as seems likely, most of those will be gone in the next few weeks, that's a lot of new players to have to replace before next season. Just a year after having almost a full starting line-up just of experienced forwards, we could be down to Jordan Rhodes and no one else. 

Still; at least we've got loads of money to do it with. :dry:

What a shambles.

9 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Good grief. Do many people here actually go to games. Fox has been pants since he got here, but successive managers have destroyed the team so badly that he he looks ok. He. Lee Hutch FF have been three of our best performers in the last twenty years, and would probably all get in a team of the decade. Just who do you replace them with on free transfers? Please name me three better players in their positions we can bring in for free next season? I’m intrigued.

remained me how many games have these three been fit and available for selection this season?

Yes all three at their best , walk into this and many other championship sides. Sadly those days have gone, We and they need to move on.

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

If, as seems likely, most of those will be gone in the next few weeks, that's a lot of new players to have to replace before next season. Just a year after having almost a full starting line-up just of experienced forwards, we could be down to Jordan Rhodes and no one else. 

Still; at least we've got loads of money to do it with. :dry:

What a shambles.

I wouldn't be surprised if a fair few Championship clubs are in a similar position. 

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 15.05.42.jpg

There are 11 senior players whose deals expire with Sheffield Wednesday on June 30: Paul Jones, Morgan Fox, Osaze Urhoghide, Matt Penney, Joey Pelupessy, Sam Hutchinson, Kieran Lee, Steven Fletcher, Sam Winnall, Atdhe Nuhiu and Fernando Forestieri.

What we saying?

New contract!
OR
See ya!

Vote and let's see what Wednesday fans think about this..

Most I'd get rid of, none I would be devastated to see leave. Some I would look to keep depending on terms they'd be willing to accept. 

Fletcher, Nuhiu (I know that one won't be popular), Penney & Fox are who I would offer terms to.

I'd say bye to Kieran Lee with a very heavy heart, sadly he's lost a yard & not the player he was. I'd also be sad to see Hutch go but it seems like he's been disruptive over the last couple of seasons as has Westwood. 

Nando shined brightly that first season but largely disappointing since, unless he'd accept significantly reduced terms he's not worth the wages he'd demand.

Winnall & Pelupessy haven't done much at all & are not good enough, simple as that. 

Jones is not needed, we have enough in that dept. 

Uroghide we just haven't seen enough of really. 

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

At least some of them can still sell their stadiums to themselves if they need to.

:dry:

True but a few have already done this, some don't own their ground anyway and not many are worth anywhere near as much as our beautiful monument to the beautiful game! :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

True but a few have already done this, some don't own their ground anyway and not many are worth anywhere near as much as our beautiful monument to the beautiful game! :ph34r:

Being worth money, as a chairman I mean is going to come in very handy in the next 18 months or so.

Edited by pazowl55

Fletcher is the only one out of the lot that's given us any consistency for the last few seasons. 

Penney may be worth another look given he's now had some 1st team action elsewhere.

Urhoghide too early to say, will be cheap so keep and loan if not knocking on the door.

The rest would be living on past reputations, definitely need to go. Monk needs to be able to have room to bring his own players in, if he stays on that is.

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

At least some of them can still sell their stadiums to themselves if they need to.

:dry:

Only if they have millions upon millions they can...besides will be too late. Can't put the dosh in last years accounts (according to the efl they can't, and then get a 50 point deduction for breaking ffp next year)

🤔😆