• New Contract
    • See Ya
  10. 10. Atdhe Nuhiu

• New Contract
    • See Ya
  11. 11. Fernando Forestieri

• New Contract
    • See Ya

Interesting as the only one I was undecided about is FF.  I wouldn’t be against him getting a year extension but I doubt he’d be happy with that and I can’t see him flourishing under Chansiri and Monk’s Wednesday. He will probably go to a club like Cardiff and help get them promoted 

7 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Interesting as the only one I was undecided about is FF.  I wouldn’t be against him getting a year extension but I doubt he’d be happy with that and I can’t see him flourishing under Chansiri and Monk’s Wednesday. He will probably go to a club like Cardiff and help get them promoted 

Not if he wants 30k a week he wont be. Agents recon the average players are probably only worth about a third of there transfer value now. Would imagine the same would apply to wages.

Guest The Horse

Any player wanting a new contract is going to have to take a big pay cut.

Fletcher, for example. No way can we afford to offer him anything like what he has been on.
But similarly, no other club is going to offer him his current wage either.

So his options will be:

A) Reject our offer to play elsewhere on vastly reduced wages and uproot his family

B) Accepts our offer on vastly reduced wages and stays in the area

Unless there's a unicorn club out there that will offer him what he's on now?

Guest LondonOwl313

Some bizarre responses to this looking at the numbers. 5% of people want to keep Pelupessy who has been totally garbage the whole time. Would have thought releasing him would be unanimous.

Understand people wanting the young lads to get a new contract. More people want to keep Kieran Lee than Hutchinson when Lee has been way off the pace this season and looks like he doesn't have anything left for this level. And only 12% want Hutchinson to stay despite him being one of our better players who we probably won't replace effectively. Only 30, loved the club and probably not going to command huge wages to stay.

More people want rid of Forestieri than want him to stay when he's one of the few good players we have. I'd offer him a contract but on reduced wages and wouldn't expect him to accept it as I think he'll want a fresh start... but that doesn't mean release him

I’ve gone with the 4 with the positive votes. Fox and fletcher should be offered new deals. Fox likely to get a slight increase in terms and fletcher a significantly reduced contract. I think I’d offer Osaze a short term deal as I like his rawness, energy and enthusiasm and Penney is a no brainer as a cheap back up to fox. 

The rest can go. Time for a freshen up. Huge shame about Kieran Lee. He will leave with our best wishes for the future. Hutch has been a great player as well but there have been issues. Forestieri is an excellent player on his day, but he’s had his chance, he’s on big money and he comes with baggage and he behaves like a child.

Edited by Bouncing Owl