Mike Ashley

Guest Ash76

I'm conflicted on this, dont like Mike Ashley or his shitty shops. Everything about his business practice seems opportunist and exploititive.

Looking from the outside, not sure he has been such a success at Newcastle. Wasn't too long ago they couldn't get a manager to go there and work for him and seems to have been tight fisted with transfer funds.

The question is, am I so desperate to see the back of DC to accept anyone? I'm not so sure. 

Going back to my initial point, Ashley is an opportunist, buying recognised brands on the cheap and milking them. I'm not sure DC would sell cheap, that said there aren't many Championship clubs with our history and fanbase, a similar profile to Newcastle so there may well be interest. 

1 minute ago, striker said:

Looking from the outside, not sure he has been such a success at Newcastle. Wasn't too long ago they couldn't get a manager to go there and work for him and seems to have been tight fisted with transfer funds.

Is that tight fisted or living within their means and and FFP? He might not have been paying the wages that some of the top managers wanted hence the Steve Bruce option.

1 minute ago, striker said:

I'm conflicted on this, dont like Mike Ashley or his shitty shops. Everything about his business practice seems opportunist and exploititive.

The question is, am I so desperate to see the back of DC to accept anyone? I'm not so sure. 

Going back to my initial point, Ashley is an opportunist, buying recognised brands on the cheap and milking them. I'm not sure DC would sell cheap, that said there aren't many Championship clubs with our history and fanbase, a similar profile to Newcastle so there may well be interest. 

And i'm not sure he would see much to milk?

Only way anyone makes money from SWFC is if by some miracle we get promoted.

And in the current climate even that might not be worth much in future years...

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

Going back to my initial point, Ashley is an opportunist, buying recognised brands on the cheap and milking them

Or you could see the other side of the coin and say he has saved thousands of jobs in the process and saved many household names going out of existence for good. Always 2 sides to every story I'm afraid

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

Or you could see the other side of the coin and say he has saved thousands of jobs in the process and saved many household names going out of existence for good. Always 2 sides to every story I'm afraid

Yes definitely.

My point was i don;t think he will see much of  return from investing in us?

Unless we fall lucky with a manager like the snorters did.

I cannot believe that some would entertain Ashley. Or he wants us.

His business model is :

Make profit from the club

Sell on for profit to whoever

Maximize income from fans along the way

None of this is in our interests. As rubbish as DC has been strategically he is here for glory with Wednesday as his chariot.

Ashley is here just for your money.

Fortunately we are too parochial for his needs.

Just now, sweetsheri said:

Yes definitely.

My point was i don;t think he will see much of  return from investing in us?

Unless we fall lucky with a manager like the snorters did.

Ashley is a lot of things but a rubbish businessman isn't one of them. If and it's a big if he sees investment potential with us he will have a definite roadmap and business plan that fits it.

With regards the manager I believed we had the right man in Bruce but that as they say is history

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

His business model is :

None of this is in our interests. As rubbish as DC has been strategically he is here for glory with Wednesday as his chariot.

How many years have Newcastle been in the Prem? 

God no, wouldn’t want a chairman who could do that....

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Nero said:

His business model is :

It's just business.
No different to what DC has ( so poorly ) been trying to do.
...and if anyone sells for a profit, presumably there is some level of success that would justify the price.

14 minutes ago, striker said:

that said there aren't many Championship clubs with our history and fanbase, a similar profile to Newcastle so there may well be interest. 

Not even at our best do we have a similar profile to Newcastle,when i started going to hillsborough in the eighties they and us were pretty crap second division teams,that has been the only time we were "similar".

10 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

How many years have Newcastle been in the Prem? 

God no, wouldn’t want a chairman who could do that....

They were in the Prem when Ashley bought them. They are still in the Prem without any trophies and had two relegations during his time.

Ask any Newcastle fan and they have hated his time there. Worst period ever they say

Is that the progress you seek?

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

They were in the Prem when Ashley bought them. They are still in the Prem without any trophies and had two relegations during his time.

Ask any Newcastle fan and they have hated his time there. Worst period ever they say

All this time operating within their means

Newcastle United have made a profit in seven of the past eight seasons - but the Magpies are heavily reliant on Premier League TV money in order to remain in the black.

Only five English clubs have posted higher cumulative profits than Newcastle's £79million since 2010, according to respected financial bloggers Swiss Ramble .

Interestingly, however, Newcastle are not quite as financially dependent on the Premier League's broadcast revenue as the majority of their top-flight rivals are

But no we don't want that at Hillsborough not on your nelly:duntmatter:

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Nero said:

Based on our current progress yes

I personally think he will go for Sunderland. A club with a relatively new stadium and a decent size fanbase, will be going relatively cheap as they are in the 3rd tier and Ashley would love nothing more than to rub it in the face of all the Newcastle fans who have been giving him crap for many a year.

2 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

I personally think he will go for Sunderland. A club with a relatively new stadium and a decent size fanbase, will be going relatively cheap as they are in the 3rd tier and Ashley would love nothing more than to rub it in the face of all the Newcastle fans who have been giving him crap for many a year.

Isn't he a Newcastle fan though?

That would be like Chansiri buying Sheff United

Owlstalk Shop

41 minutes ago, Nero said:

His business model is :

If hes here for the glory hes even more deluded than I thought...

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1