Mike Ashley

Guest Ash76

1 hour ago, WadsleyOwl said:

You've enjoyed the last 3 seasons then?. Its been an utter shambolic disaster.

No. But unlike you I can bear to take a view on DC on his whole tenure rather than being selective.

For what it’s worth I think he’s made some bad decisions and has some odd ideas. I think he put the Cowleys off and Bruce had a tough time trying to convince him to move players on. 

I would be open to a change for the right owner. But I can recognise that there are worse owners we could’ve had seeing as we are not the first club to go through this. It’s cyclical, Forest had numerous seasons in the middle of the league after a few seasons challenging when financial rules begin to bite, Derby are the same as us yet most would suggest Mel Morris has done ok there. Forest are now back up there again and even with everything we had going on we were 3rd at xmas.

Seeing as we were also rans when he picked us up and we changed that for a period of time for the better. I don’t think that should be forgotten just because people are fed up with the current situation.

Time for a change? Quite possibly, but have we gone backwards to a worse state than when he arrived. I’m not sure we have as long as he does right by us on leaving.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, NorthAmericanOwl said:

Based on our current progress yes

So getting relegated is better than staying in the same division.

Some of you actually hate Chansiri so much you would rather have Ashley.

Fair enough. It's about opinions.

My opinion is you are idiots.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Grandad said:

I'm not sure that buying a club for £35m, spending £150m on taking it 5 places lower in the league, then selling it for £35m is a glowing example of how football business should be done to be fair

Is buying a club that regularly finished in the top 6 in the Premier League, turning them into a club that are happy with the aim of avoiding relegation and managing to get them relegated twice in a decade a glowing example of how to make a success of a football club? 

Can’t even see Chansiri talking to him about a deal after what Ashley did with Bruce - but saying that we did get Murphy and allegedly 4 million quid  so maybe he would do business with him. I can imagine DC wanting to really make him pay top whack for us though and maybe try and keep a part ownership of the ground or something like that.

40 minutes ago, Nero said:

So getting relegated is better than staying in the same division.

Some of you actually hate Chansiri so much you would rather have Ashley.

Fair enough. It's about opinions.

My opinion is you are idiots.

The way we're going relegation is a real possibility anyway

But you clearly know better than everyone 

simpleton

1 hour ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Do I think Ashley would put Wednesday at the top of his list for potential EFL clubs to buy - Yes

Do I think Chansiri would put a realistic price tag on the club to sell - Absolutely not

Why on earth would we be top of anyone's list to buy  ?.

1 hour ago, NorthAmericanOwl said:

The way we're going relegation is a real possibility anyway

But you clearly know better than everyone 

simpleton

We haven't been relegated and Newcastleunder Ashley have. Simpleton or not  I know that for a fact.

Is diddums losing an argument.

lol

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Ask the Thai billionaire family 

We're in a worse position now than then.

DC bought us for 39m he'll be asking for more than twice that to sell.

Seriously who would unless you're an out & out  Wednesday fan with money to burn.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Nero said:

We haven't been relegated and Newcastleunder Ashley have. Simpleton or not  I know that for a fact.

Is diddums losing an argument.

lol

I get that point and yeah you're right,he does seem to have the knack of getting em back up,I'm not for him nor against him I'm just sick of feeling like this maybe it's just me but I don't see us changing under chansiri and it's not enjoyable to watch surely that we agree on

Mike Ashley is an absolutely AWFUL football club chairman, and would be the same at any other club/level

Don’t really know why this thread has plundered along without many people saying this, trying to make out he’s some potential hero just because you don’t like DC is pretty phuking embarrassing aswell 

Edited by Guest

Guest Ash76
1 hour ago, Stoop said:

Joe Kinnear

He was interested in taking a player to Newcastle during his time there, problem was he was already n their books and out on loan

:duntmatter:

8 hours ago, rickygoo said:

I would have to do a greater amount of due diligence to answer that question definitively. He seems to have more basic football chairman skills than Chansiri but his general loathsomeness is a huge drawback. I wouldn't want Donald Trump in charge either but that doesn't make Chansiri any less ineffective. 

Due diligence !? :ohmy:

Not in this thread pal, There's so many straw men laying around in these 20 pages it's like the Somme in autumn 1916.

I think many have said this in the thread and before ...

Ashley - vehemently hated by many ... loads of posters on here saying "no deal! he's a cretin" .. but one thing is certain, he's a cretin that would certainly have us in a fit financial state .. we might not like how he operates on very restrictive budgets .. but we wouldn't be looking at points deductions, having to sell our stadium etc in order to be run right and not go bust or whatever

Like it or lump it, he's a business man and we'd be a proper business with him in charge

Mike Ashley and Steve Bruce vs DC and Garry Monk. Pretty obvious who would get us to the prem out of those. We need a change in direction and this might be the best way for Chansiri to call it a day for the benefit of the club and his own wallet cos we’re going nowhere, just doesn’t have the football knowledge and business acumen to cut it 

34 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

Mike Ashley and Steve Bruce vs DC and Garry Monk. Pretty obvious who would get us to the prem out of those. We need a change in direction and this might be the best way for Chansiri to call it a day for the benefit of the club and his own wallet cos we’re going nowhere, just doesn’t have the football knowledge and business acumen to cut it 

Chansiri has to cut his losses and sell at a cut price

He must know he can’t take us any further surely