Mike Ashley

Guest Ash76

11 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

If he holds out for that then he’s going nowhere fast. 

And that will be the problem he’s too stubborn and doesn’t want to lose face to take a lower bid, so I’m afraid we are stuck with him. I would think we are worth less now than when he bought us taking that we don’t own the ground or the training ground so who would pay up to 80 / 90 mill and then have to buy the facilities. 

8 hours ago, Howards back said:

And that will be the problem he’s too stubborn and doesn’t want to lose face to take a lower bid, so I’m afraid we are stuck with him. I would think we are worth less now than when he bought us taking that we don’t own the ground or the training ground so who would pay up to 80 / 90 mill and then have to buy the facilities. 

You do know he's not paid a penny for the stadium yet.  It's been bought on the never never. 

Edited by Sham67
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

You do know he's not paid a penny for the stadium yet.  It's been bought on the never never. 

I don't mind if you use your fingers to point at the words but please try to follow.....

So he like, already owned the stadium having like bought it with real money from Mandaric.

And he then like, sold it to a shell company that he set up.

So you reckon he isn't paying a penny to himself ....

That'll teach him.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

I think many have said this in the thread and before ...

Ashley - vehemently hated by many ... loads of posters on here saying "no deal! he's a cretin" .. but one thing is certain, he's a cretin that would certainly have us in a fit financial state .. we might not like how he operates on very restrictive budgets .. but we wouldn't be looking at points deductions, having to sell our stadium etc in order to be run right and not go bust or whatever

Like it or lump it, he's a business man and we'd be a proper business with him in charge

Do we want a business or a competitive club? That’s the question DC was asking. We are moving toward the former now under DC with a reduced budget.

3 hours ago, Nero said:

I don't mind if you use your fingers to point at the words but please try to follow.....

So he like, already owned the stadium having like bought it with real money from Mandaric.

And he then like, sold it to a shell company that he set up.

So you reckon he isn't paying a penny to himself ....

That'll teach him.

No  he is  paying in 6 instalments.  The first of which isn't due yet if my memory is correct. 

Not that any actual money will change hands. 

I think the whole story is rubbish.

MA has wanted out of Newcastle for years and hasn’t particularly enjoyed the experience. He’s a retail and logistics genius but those skills haven’t transferred to football as I think he expected. He’s got more than enough on his plate with his core businesses to even think about buying another club.

If he did, I really don’t think we’d be on his radar.

Guest Willow Owl
20 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

I think many have said this in the thread and before ...

Ashley - vehemently hated by many ... loads of posters on here saying "no deal! he's a cretin" .. but one thing is certain, he's a cretin that would certainly have us in a fit financial state .. we might not like how he operates on very restrictive budgets .. but we wouldn't be looking at points deductions, having to sell our stadium etc in order to be run right and not go bust or whatever

Like it or lump it, he's a business man and we'd be a proper business with him in charge

One with no ambition as well 

On 29/04/2020 at 12:24, Toon Owl said:

Our current owner has got loads of cash. He cant spend anymore of it. It makes my blood boil hearing stuff about Newcastles projected takeover and how many hundreds of millions they will spend to buy the title (like the other nonse teams have). One rule for one league and one for another.

Its time to tell the EFL to f**k off.

The EFL does not promote ambition. It requires a level playing field of financial investment with the ceilings it puts in place. And does not campaign against parachute payments so there are some who are more equal than others!

Guest Willow Owl
On 30/04/2020 at 16:17, WadsleyOwl said:

You've enjoyed the last 3 seasons then?. Its been an utter shambolic disaster.

Can only remember 5 or 6 seasons Of football I’ve enjoyed since 1974. It’s called being a supporter. 

Guest Willow Owl
On 30/04/2020 at 12:06, rickygoo said:

Not a great advert for Chansiri if Mike Ashley is seen as the solution. 

By who ?

9 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Can only remember 5 or 6 seasons Of football I’ve enjoyed since 1974. It’s called being a supporter. 

Not very ambitious then

Guest Willow Owl
37 minutes ago, owler66 said:

Not very ambitious then

Even less if you believe the Ashley rumours.

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Let me guess, husband is here on business? 

Apparantly the meeting was held at a Sports Direct Store, with people drinking Red Bulls instead of coffee and ordering things on Amazon whilst discussing their favourite chemicals.  Make of that what you will 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1