Mike Ashley

Guest Ash76

45 minutes ago, Nero said:

I cannot believe that some would entertain Ashley. Or he wants us.

His business model is :

Make profit from the club

Sell on for profit to whoever

Maximize income from fans along the way

None of this is in our interests. As rubbish as DC has been strategically he is here for glory with Wednesday as his chariot.

Ashley is here just for your money.

Fortunately we are too parochial for his needs.

Oh my word, he will be here till Kingdom come if he thinks his amateurish leadership will deliver glory.

• Haha 1

Guest Grandad
24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Isn't he a Newcastle fan though?

That would be like Chansiri buying Sheff United

How would it?

chansiri isnt a Wednesday fan?

1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

Is that tight fisted or living within their means and and FFP? He might not have been paying the wages that some of the top managers wanted hence the Steve Bruce option.

I see your point, but living within FFP doesn't get promoted, unfortunately.

I still think Bruce was a desperate appointment by Newcastle in their circumstances.

1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

Or you could see the other side of the coin and say he has saved thousands of jobs in the process and saved many household names going out of existence for good. Always 2 sides to every story I'm afraid

Yes, but still exploiting those desperate for a job, on a zero hours contract, poor working conditions and minimum wage.

Opportunist and exploitative IMO.

1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

And i'm not sure he would see much to milk?

Only way anyone makes money from SWFC is if by some miracle we get promoted.

And in the current climate even that might not be worth much in future years...

Agree, not sure why he'd want to buy another club.

But we have parallels with newcastle in terms of history, brand, fanbase, shirt sales etc  and the pay off of promotion, if achieved.

Difference is that he buys brands on their knees and desperate. Not sure DC is desperate to exit. 

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree, not sure why he'd want to buy another club.

But we have parallels with newcastle in terms of history, brand, fanbase, shirt sales etc  and the pay off of promotion, if achieved.

Difference is that he buys brands on their knees and desperate. Not sure DC is desperate to exit. 

Newcastle weren't exactly on their knees when he bought them - Sir John Hall and his family were not skint

We are fighting one horrible virus, we don't want another. The guy is an absolute t#wat , the way he treats staff at Sports Direct is completely immoral. Would seriously have to consider ever going again if he got anywhere near the club. 

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

If I start at the last page, and then work my way backwards, how long will it take me to find a shred of evidence that this might actually be happening?

Just wondering before I try to catch up.

Ta.

kev the owl said it was happening, so it must be true.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WadsleyOwl said:

And taken us backwards

Ashley took Newcastle backwards but improved their balance sheet. 

Having money is not as important with FFP. There are plenty of things that DC can be pulled up on but why would Ashley be the answer?

2 hours ago, WadsleyOwl said:

And taken us backwards

I would also disagree he has taken us backwards from where Milan was treading water. We moved forward and now back to where we are albeit with much more being spent. 

There needs to be a freshening up somewhere though. 

Edited by Bluesteel

DC tried, got very close, but failed. If possible, he and we need an exit strategy, and this one seems as good as any. Ashley is a character, but has run a successful business before, and will have learnt from his time at Newcastle. 

We should film the negotiations for PPV. DC v Ashley is worth £20 of anyone’s money. 

1 minute ago, vulva said:

DC tried, got very close, but failed. If possible, he and we need an exit strategy, and this one seems as good as any. Ashley is a character, but has run a successful business before, and will have learnt from his time at Newcastle. 

We should film the negotiations for PPV. DC v Ashley is worth £20 of anyone’s money. 

It would drag on for ages, could call it Courts Direct.