Mike Ashley

Guest Ash76

Having read most of the posts on here and given the matter some thought I have to say I would see it as a positive move.  I can see many faults in Mike Ashley’s approach to running his companies, but also many positives in running Newcastle.

He would come here to run a football club. He has shown at Newcastle he can do that well and he would certainly improve the  commercial side of the club out, that so many complain about.  

In some respects, were it to happen, I would be sorry to see Chansiri go but I am not convinced he is learning about the football industry quick enough. 

1 hour ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

OK, rather than a smiley notification to your post. 

How, when and why do we end up having no club to support, or be like Stockport? 

The way the club is being run by DC is unsustainable. And he doesn’t think he’s doing anything wrong. He won’t have an endless supply of money to spunk. What then?

Edited by SheffWedOwl

Honestly don't know what I'd think tbh. 

Do we carry on treading water in the Championship and hoping for what? Foreign investors that package the club up into some corporate branding in the vain hope of selling the name of the club worldwide? 

or

Do we go for a guy whilst many view as a tight fisted a.rse, who would only be looking to turn a profit on the club being in the PL season on season? 

Lets face facts - we've had a couple of sniffs at being anywhere near the PL for getting close to 30 years now. Once we get there it's a whole new level altogether, and it doesn't really make a difference who's at the helm, the club would be 1 crap season away from financial meltdown again. 

Do we keep gambling on those who don't have the funds to really take the club on? or go with someone who's at least been involved with the game enough to know the ropes? 

Say what you like about Ashley, he doesn't often pick bad managers, and the direction is clear from the board.

Newcastle's delusions are grand - it'll still not work  out, regardless of how much cash they throw at it. 

4 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Nah their fans are twats

Something we can agree on 

As for Ashley 

He's forgot more about football then DC knows about football 

I honestly don't get why fans of this club will only accept people who are a 'good guy' 

I honestly couldn't careless what they person is like 

Get us promoted and competing and they can be a reincarnation of Jeffery dahmer for all I care 

• Haha 1

Even if you're not a big fan of Ashley, you know he has an exit strategy and will eventually sell up (preferably while making the club a sellable asset).

With DC it feels like we have a chairman running aimlessly down an endless and narrowing tunnel. Which is exactly why I can't see a sale happening, unless DC's therapist has convinced him to pack it in and cut his losses.