Mike Ashley

Guest Ash76

2 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Something we can agree on 

As for Ashley 

He's forgot more about football then DC knows about football 

I honestly don't get why fans of this club will only accept people who are a 'good guy' 

I honestly couldn't careless what they person is like 

Get us promoted and competing and they can be a reincarnation of Jeffery dahmer for all I care 

I don't care if they are good or bad myself. But because Chansiri is making a balls of it means fans will accept anyone else. 

Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

I don't care if they are good or bad myself. But because Chansiri is making a balls of it means fans will accept anyone else. 

Think it's fairly obvious we ain't gonna get promoted under DC

Even his biggest supporters will admit that 

I generally think he has good intentions but after 5 years he clearly has learnt nothing 

He still believes we have a better team than united, that says it all

We need fresh investment and a real football man 

Dc ain't gonna step aside and get a director of football in 

So the next best thing is someone paying him what he wants and buying the club

It might be Ashley or might be someone else 

but something needs to change soon 

Dc bucks his ideas up and gets help from real football people or sells up 

Cannot see there being any truth in this.

Let's be real, we are possibly one of the worse clubs to buy.

Don't own a ground

Training facilities are poor.

Ageing over priced squad.

The owner wants a figure that is unreasonable. Any buyer can just sit and wait it out as DC loses over £20 million a year.

Unfortunately for us DC will want most of his money back. So after being in limbo for all those years, unless we fluke it, we could be back there again.

Fluke it as in, Monk or whoever gets the most out of the squad or we come up with a plan.

Good luck Gary Monk or the next man.

2 hours ago, SheffWedOwl said:

The way the club is being run by DC is unsustainable. And he doesn’t think he’s doing anything wrong. He won’t have an endless supply of money to spunk. What then?

All you've done is say what a lot of people have said,I thought with you alluding to us (swfc) going under/bust,that you'd at least have something different to say or prove even,what with us thinking differently being "Deluded",seems to be just another unfounded outpouring of nothingness..................................oh well.

2 hours ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Cannot see there being any truth in this.

I can see there being truth in this by the simple fact it has appeared on here. The rumours on OwlsTalk have been quite accurate reflections on the truth in the past year or so. 

3 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Think it's fairly obvious we ain't gonna get promoted under DC

Even his biggest supporters will admit that 

I generally think he has good intentions but after 5 years he clearly has learnt nothing 

He still believes we have a better team than united, that says it all

We need fresh investment and a real football man 

Dc ain't gonna step aside and get a director of football in 

So the next best thing is someone paying him what he wants and buying the club

It might be Ashley or might be someone else 

but something needs to change soon 

Dc bucks his ideas up and gets help from real football people or sells up 

Well I’ve defended Mr C resolutely and I can’t argue with any of that. Don’t want Ashley particularly, for many reasons, but something has to change. And he would sack Monk. 

I'd take Ashley tomorrow. Look at the money he's spent on them for a start. He's built Newcastle into a club that's appealed to the world's wealthiest investors, then sold them on. The man knows the game and is a much wealthier Mandaric. 

Amanda Staveley was all over us after the Azerbaijan thing. Honestly thought she was going to be our new owner. Then it went quiet.... Then DC arrived. That's how close we were to being the wealthiest football club in the world. 

I can’t see this having a modicum of truth in it but Ashley certainly knows how to run a business. Like everything or anyone successful in this country you will have detractors But his record on getting Newcastle promotions is very good.

We are failing under Chansiri not only on the pitch but everywhere else too. Falling crowds and rising discontent about the way he just seems to sit on his hands is testing fans patience. I am not a big fan of Ashley’s but he would drag us out of this endless rut we seem to be in under Chansiri.

2 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

I'd take Ashley tomorrow. Look at the money he's spent on them for a start. He's built Newcastle into a club that's appealed to the world's wealthiest investors, then sold them on. The man knows the game and is a much wealthier Mandaric. 

Amanda Staveley was all over us after the Azerbaijan thing. Honestly thought she was going to be our new owner. Then it went quiet.... Then DC arrived. That's how close we were to being the wealthiest football club in the world. 

thanks Semedo, that’s really cheered me up knowing we could have been one of the richest clubs in the world. 

10 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Tbf we would settle for that at the moment. 

We would, to a degree. But with sports direct all over hillsborough, a frustrating transfer policy, aloof from the support and no desire to sell the club on it would make it frustrating very quickly.

To be fair in the premier league we wouldn’t aspire to much more than mid table but you don’t want the clubs actual mode of operating to reflect that at best when there is potential to do more. Ashley is just as single minded as our owner too.

Chansiri has made mistakes but he is very ambitious 

3 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

money isn’t the issue though, Chansiri has spent fortunes on us. 

9 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

He’s added 200 million to Newcastle’s value. Chansiri has done the opposite here. 

28 minutes ago, BowOwl said:

We can want him or not, but that's not the big issue.

Chansiri is a stubborn but proud businessman, could anyone seriously see him selling to MA after the Bruce affair?

He's stubborn but he's not an idiot.

If Ashley offered him the right money he'd snap his hand off.

New owners are not exactly queuing round the block.