Mike Ashley

Guest Ash76

When you look at the criteria of the club he’s possibly looking to buy, I think it’d be either be us, Leeds, Forest, Derby or Sunderland.

He gets a lot of stick and I don’t really like the guy but he knows how to run a football club and he knows how to get sides promoted from this league.

I’d take him ahead of Chansiri.

• Haha 1

I can see him suited to Leeds.

I thought he was a cockney, turns out he was born in Walsall and went to school in Slough. Silly Geordies 

He is a cheeky monkey, but probably knows more about running a club than DC. 

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

He can fizz right off. I’m no fan of DC but Ashley would be even worse. 

That can't be right.

It has been stated on here by all the cognoscenti time & time again ad infinitum that without exception, ANYONE i repeat ANYONE would be preferable to DC.

Maybe they will now get their wish.

🤣🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

That can't be right.

It has been stated on here by all the cognoscenti time & time again ad infinitum that without exception, ANYONE i repeat ANYONE would be preferable to DC.

Maybe they will now get their wish.

🤣🤣

lol

They're in for the shock of their lives if this happened

Owlstalk Shop

Our current owner has got loads of cash. He cant spend anymore of it. It makes my blood boil hearing stuff about Newcastles projected takeover and how many hundreds of millions they will spend to buy the title (like the other nonse teams have). One rule for one league and one for another.

Its time to tell the EFL to f**k off.

I might not appreciate his opportunistic nature, at all, however he runs (ran) Newcastle like a business, within its means and generates profit from sales by buying in young relative unknowns from other leagues. 

Isn't this what a lot of fans want? 

Newcastle fans are deluded, think they should be fighting for titles, Ashley whatever peoples thoughts is a good businessman and runs newcastle how clubs should be run 

Excluding the sponsorship of stadiums! And another note, he owns sports direct...from kit manufacture to exposure in his shops that would be an added benefit

Edited by Chris Apolon

6 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

When you look at the criteria of the club he’s possibly looking to buy, I think it’d be either be us, Leeds, Forest, Derby or Sunderland.

He gets a lot of stick and I don’t really like the guy but he knows how to run a football club and he knows how to get sides promoted from this league.

I’d take him ahead of Chansiri.

Not sure about knowing how to get sides promoted from this league. I always thought it was the manager who did that, but I suppose he decides on the manager so fair enough.

The other thing, one of the problems at Newcastle is the expectation, almost entitlement that surrounds that place. They seem to think they have an automatic right to be challenging at the very top of football every year, when in reality it's a bit of an outpost with fanatical fans but where a lot of superstars may not want to live.

They get big crowds granted, but as shown in the Sunderland Netflix thing, big crowds & high expectations can be a poisoned chalice, especially in this day & age where big crowds are not as vital to finances as they used to be. Newcastle crowds turn quicker than 2 day old milk on a hot day & can be as much a negative force as they can a positive one on the rare occasions things are going well.

The expectation at S6 is much more realistic. The clamour to compete financially with all the big clubs (even if we were allowed to by the EFL) isn't on the same scale, so someone like Ashley would possibly be judged much less harshly than he is up there.

Guest Grandad
28 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Mike Ashley Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

Apparently interested in another club 

https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2020/04/26/mike-ashley-now-planning-to-buy-another-football-club-once-saudis-seal-300m-takeover-report/

A random Geordie in a telegram group I’m in is saying he’s heard from a number of people it’s  rumoured to be us.

How would people feel? It’s a no from me 

He'd be a MASSIVE improvement on Chansiri. Its a yes from me

4 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

I might not appreciate his opportunistic nature, at all, however he runs (ran) Newcastle like a business, within its means and generates profit from sales by buying in young relative unknowns from other leagues. 

Isn't this what a lot of fans want? 

Newcastle fans are deluded, think they should be fighting for titles, Ashley whatever peoples thoughts is a good businessman and runs newcastle how clubs should be run 

Excluding the sponsorship of stadiums! And another note, he owns sports direct...from kit manufacture to exposure in his shops that would be an added benefit

He also owns Sondico..... now who did they provide kit for and have a commercial agreement with a few years ago??