Mike Ashley

Guest Ash76

No way Ashley buys SWFC. Whatever you think of him, he's undoubtedly a very shrewd operator and there will be opportunities far better than us either now or in the very near future. With pretty much every club in Prem selling out every week anyway (Or at least with average attendance over 90% of capacity) historic fan base is not worth what it once was. Build a team, get it to the premier league and people will come.

Difficult to see what else Wednesday have going for them as far as an investnent goes. Ground is more of a millstone than an asset.

8 minutes ago, SheffWedOwl said:

To cut a long story short, if we carry on with DC at the helm, we won’t have a club to support in a few years time. Either that or we’ll be the next Stockport County. The way he’s running it is unsustainable. Those who think otherwise are utterly deluded.

Cash in the chips DC, cut your losses and forget it ever happened.

Fiddlesticks 

8 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Mike Ashley Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

Apparently interested in another club 

https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2020/04/26/mike-ashley-now-planning-to-buy-another-football-club-once-saudis-seal-300m-takeover-report/

A random Geordie in a telegram group I’m in is saying he’s heard from a number of people it’s  rumoured to be us.

How would people feel? It’s a no from me 

Deary, Deary, Deary  me guess Chansiri .  Could be just another kind of rouse unless he's  bringing Stevie Bruce !

7 hours ago, Chris Apolon said:

I might not appreciate his opportunistic nature, at all, however he runs (ran) Newcastle like a business, within its means and generates profit from sales by buying in young relative unknowns from other leagues. 

Isn't this what a lot of fans want? 

Newcastle fans are deluded, think they should be fighting for titles, Ashley whatever peoples thoughts is a good businessman and runs newcastle how clubs should be run 

Excluding the sponsorship of stadiums! And another note, he owns sports direct...from kit manufacture to exposure in his shops that would be an added benefit

Yeah lots of good business men I know have had employees giving birth in toilets because of the all pervading fear of the boss !

24 minutes ago, londonowl said:

No way Ashley buys SWFC. Whatever you think of him, he's undoubtedly a very shrewd operator and there will be opportunities far better than us either now or in the very near future. With pretty much every club in Prem selling out every week anyway (Or at least with average attendance over 90% of capacity) historic fan base is not worth what it once was. Build a team, get it to the premier league and people will come.

Difficult to see what else Wednesday have going for them as far as an investnent goes. Ground is more of a millstone than an asset.

I can see where you’re coming from but, of the clubs that are likely to be available for purchase, who would represent a more appealing option? 

1 hour ago, archieswfc said:

The number of people agreeing with this post is mental. The man's an out and out pr1ck. He also gave Alan Pardew a 7 year contract so not only is he a pr1ck he's fu.ckin clueless. 

So because you think he’s a tail and because he made a managerial mistake you don’t want him at the club.

5 hours ago, trev said:

Ashley is renowned for buying things on the cheap, running them on a tight budget and selling.

Do you really think DC is going to sell us for what Ashley wants to pay?

Absolutely no chance in my opinion of this happening.

Unless DC desperately needs to sell and for a bargain basement price. 

This 100x over, Chansiri wont sell, even if Ashley was interested, not for the money he'd want to pay.

7 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

doesn’t really spend that much though does he even after they have sold players for decent money. There average annual net spend per year in his time was 2.6 million. 

don't know about you, but I reckon most of us could handle being an EPL club on a net spend of 2.6 million per year!

6 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Yes but its about scale. They are a much bigger club than us and have a much bigger revenue stream. For them those 2 years in the championship were equivalent to our 2 years in league 1. Would you see our league one years as success? You've surely got to measure the fact that Newcastle have underachieved/been dragged along in apathetic life support whilst under his ownership. 

What makes you say they've under achieved?

Historically they are about where they always have been for the past 60 years, mid to lower table in the top flight winning the square root of bugger all! In many respects, they mirror us when we are in the top flight.

7 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

He couldn't upscale Newcastle with all their ambitions, income and fan base size. Plus their newer and mode economical stadium. Considering the FFP rules in the Championship I don't think for 1 minute he'd suddenly be the 20 year saviour we've been waiting for. He'd find it really tough with us in the Championship and wouldnt have anywhere near the advantage he had with us that he had with Newcastle who absolutely dominated in all aspects financially on and off the pitch. 

You seem to be saying the only way that Newcastle remain in the Premiership is because of their financial clout. If you are right the no one will have the ability to take  us up, because whoever  owns the club, with the current financial rules in place will have the same problems.  

9 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

He can fizz right off. I’m no fan of DC but Ashley would be even worse. 

Would he though?

Yes he’s unpopular but Ashley runs a runs a tight ship, is ruthless and he got Newcastle promoted more than once with the right managerial choice in place.

He knows how to run a business and has a reasonable grip on how manage a football club with big expectations.

Compared with what we currently have, I’d know which one I’d rather take ..