Greatest Last Minute Goals

The 2 at West Brom in the 90/91 will always stick in my mind.

Didn't go to the 3 2 win at Rotherham but 3 in the last 5  mins (and 2 in injury time)  2 to Equalise a 1 to win it will take some beating for those there.

Plenty of others though, Remember important late goals at Leicester and Hull being met with Great glee too.

You can't beat a late winner.

• Like 1

i really enjoyed this season's against Fulham.

Since taking the lead they were arguing with the ref, stopping the game flow, going down injured with a dislocated hairgrip etc etc.

I lost respect for Fulham that day.

However, Atdhe popped up with that header at the kop and to use my granddaughter's words 'Everyone went mental!'

Seen loads in my time and can hardly not enjoy being reminded of anyone's.

The most memorable games that i've seen in 47 years of following SWFC are the ones that we've scored ln the last minute.

• Mel Sterland's last minute pen against Chelsea to make 4-4 in the League Cup 1985
  • David Hirst late winner v Manchester United 1987
  • Carlton Palmer's last gasp equaliser at Barnsley in the 1990/91 season.

There's so many to pick out on top of what i've just mentioned.  :tango:

• Like 1

Again not the winner, but for sheer relief it'd be difficult to top Talbot's clincher at the Millenium Stadium. 

For actual last minute winners, Quinn at Hull 2005, Shirtliff at WBA 1990, and Jemson at West Ham around 1992 prompted much carnage. 

And a very memorable and unique equaliser - Crossley v Southampton. 

I wasn't there but surely the Rotherham turnaround must be the best? I can't recall another game where we were losing in injury time but won. I loved the one this year against Charlton. Didn't  mean much in the grand scheme of things but the run we'd been on and the shithousery of Charlton made it really satisfying. Di Canio's winner against Barnsley where he rounded the keeper (how good was he at that?) won me £200 so that's one of my favourites. If Rob Jones had scored that header at the stain in the mind the gap season to win it would have been right up there. 

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

Again not the winner, but for sheer relief it'd be difficult to top Talbot's clincher at the Millenium Stadium. 

For actual last minute winners, Quinn at Hull 2005, Shirtliff at WBA 1990, and Jemson at West Ham around 1992 prompted much carnage. 

And a very memorable and unique equaliser - Crossley v Southampton. 

Crossley definitely what a day