For me, this proves football is ruined

Taken from here

Football is about fans. But the reality for the vast majority of the players, particularly at the highest level, is their income is funded by television money and there are contracts that have to be adhered to.

The article title states that there is no alternative. Really!? The alternative is that the clubs see themselves adhering to the same principles that the very same common man, woman and child has to for the next few months.....cancel the bloody thing! 

My job has entailed me speaking to many over the past couple of days from different walks of life who all now have one thing in common - they are on their arses and worried sick about putting food on their kids tables. Seriously, sack the bloody thing off - forget about it, we’re all in the same boat as these poor premier league footballers (yeah right!!).

But I honestly couldn’t give a left ******** about the bloody game at the moment - only that’s the problem isn’t it. It isn’t a game anymore, it’s a rotten business that I had already fallen a little out of love with before the current economic struggles - but will further if the idiotic plans to play behind closed doors goes ahead.

i know not all will agree, that’s cool - but it stinks for me I’m afraid!

• Like 5

Thankfully,the Government as more or less curtailed all sporting and social events for the foreseeable future.Personally,cross fingers that this emergency if and when we come through it, that SKY TV will ultmately collapse due to people changing their priorities when it comes to spending their income.:tango:

1 hour ago, pingybop said:

Taken from here

Football is about fans. But the reality for the vast majority of the players, particularly at the highest level, is their income is funded by television money and there are contracts that have to be adhered to.

The article title states that there is no alternative. Really!? The alternative is that the clubs see themselves adhering to the same principles that the very same common man, woman and child has to for the next few months.....cancel the bloody thing! 

My job has entailed me speaking to many over the past couple of days from different walks of life who all now have one thing in common - they are on their arses and worried sick about putting food on their kids tables. Seriously, sack the bloody thing off - forget about it, we’re all in the same boat as these poor premier league footballers (yeah right!!).

But I honestly couldn’t give a left ******** about the bloody game at the moment - only that’s the problem isn’t it. It isn’t a game anymore, it’s a rotten business that I had already fallen a little out of love with before the current economic struggles - but will further if the idiotic plans to play behind closed doors goes ahead.

i know not all will agree, that’s cool - but it stinks for me I’m afraid!

Fully agree mate

Sack it off - get the nation better - think about the footy after

Owlstalk Shop

I used to think that football was the be all and end all.

Not any more.

The suggestion that football is somehow set aside from everything else simply tells us that the game thinks it's better than life itself.

Whilst everyone else is working out new ways to live within an environment of necessary hardships, football daydreams of finishing off the current season and embarking on its own road to importance.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Thankfully,the Government as more or less curtailed all sporting and social events for the foreseeable future.Personally,cross fingers that this emergency if and when we come through it, that SKY TV will ultmately collapse due to people changing their priorities when it comes to spending their income.:tango:

Some other media organisation (like Amazon) will just step in and take over the tv rights. The Premier League as a product doesn’t need SKY anymore IMHO. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

It would be amazing if sky collapsed and football went back to a hobby/passion for the working class man . If any good is to come out of this mess I hope it is that 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, shandypants said:

Some other media organisation (like Amazon) will just step in and take over the tv rights. The Premier League as a product doesn’t need SKY anymore IMHO. 

Yep

Break up the monopoly - let many broadcasters show it

Lets face it, We have fell out of love with football due to our owner escapades too - not just Sky

The whole fanbase is fed up and this has given us a break from our turmoil, however bad it is I’m actually glad I’m hardly thinking about Wednesday at all

30 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

Some of the owners are very responsible and understand the situation totally.

Look at Mike Ashley, keeping all his shops open, putting all his staff at risk for the good of the nation.... what a hero.

He’s a Class A twozzlepot that bloke

47 minutes ago, unkastav said:

He’s a Class A twozzlepot that bloke

100% mate!! Thankfully, it appears that he’s been neatly, but firmly, placed back in his box this morning.

Edited by pingybop

Just now, pingybop said:

100% mate!! Thankfully, it appears that he’s been nearly, but firmly, placed back in his box this morning.

His excuse that his stores provide the nation with the clothing required to keep fit during these times..

Scumbag

I’ve heard a lot about ‘this is gonna be a big change’ but talk to anyone and you will hear a lot of ‘can’t wait to get back to normal’. Sadly normal for millions of people is sports. 

I can see football returning end of April behind closed doors. And we all know the moment fans can return to games, up and down the country clubs will be breaking records. 

3 minutes ago, KernowOwl said:

I can see football returning end of April behind closed doors. And we all know the moment fans can return to games, up and down the country clubs will be breaking records. 

I really can’t see it, not in this country. They may take the Prem Circus abroad if they can find a country willing to host it (China?). I think we’ll be on our knees by then - just look at Italy and Spain - that’ll be us in a couple of weeks. You can’t justify training sessions and all the trappings of a football match and I don’t think this is going away any time soon. Forget this season, I think the start of next season may be delayed. Life is on pause and we’re not in control of the remote.

4 hours ago, james o connor said:

It would be amazing if sky collapsed and football went back to a hobby/passion for the working class man . If any good is to come out of this mess I hope it is that 

The brain of Britain is back in action 

Yes it would be great to see 1000's of people put out of a job, just as the economy is struggling.

Well done sir 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, KernowOwl said:

I’ve heard a lot about ‘this is gonna be a big change’ but talk to anyone and you will hear a lot of ‘can’t wait to get back to normal’. Sadly normal for millions of people is sports. 

More chance of seeing Lord Lucan riding shergar into a maccies

• Haha 3