For me, this proves football is ruined

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Football no longer is a working mans game, you get to pay £40 to watch it in a stadium or need a sky subscription to see it in your home.

Its starting to go on streaming services so will once again cost to watch.

Fans spend thousands each season so players can be paid more and more each season for doing less and less.

We have clubs and players moaning about having to play twice a week when fans work 50 hour weeks for a yearly wage of what a footballer makes in a week.

Sky was originally a good idea for football but now it is killing football, eventually we will have just 2 league a premiership 1 and 2 and teams will not get promoted or relegated sky will decide if clubs are worth of a place at the elite table, base not on achievement but viewing figures, you only have to see the amount of times Leeds are on sky, 20 odd times every season when other feature 5 or 6 this means they get a bigger share of tv monies than the other teams. They are already picking which teams they want in the top division and as the greed of the EPL sets in, this will only get worse.

Football need fresh blood, the FA needs a clear out and the EFL needs to get rid of anyone with connection to the EPL.The EFL has become a feeder club system to EPL teams and the competition is worse for it. Due to the rules than aid clubs with bigger turnovers to compete better, it has lead to club risking their existence to get to the EPL table, this is caused by the EFL turning a blind eye to relegated EPL teams that have extra income. Parachute payments are the problem we know, most of football knows it, but instead nothing happens and more and more clubs live week to week, then when something like Corona happens clubs will simple go bust because they have no reserves.

Thousands connected with the clubs and supporting companies will lose their jobs, but don't worry players in the premier league will still have their £100k+ salaries each week, foreign holidays, big cars and flash lifestyles while those in the lower leagues struggle to put football on the table or keep a roof over their families head.

All the clubs doing im afraid 

5 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

I don't doubt whatsoever that the money that Sky has put into football and the subsequent mprovements to the grounds has brought great improvements,but the question is, For how much longer can all of this carry on especially that Players and their agents are now getting a bigger slice of the TV Money?

As long as the clubs let it sadly 

1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

You still haven't answered the question with regards people losing their livelihood if Sky goes bust

Who’s losing their jobs ? Sky employees . I wouldn’t wish anyone to lose their job but in the bigger picture the game would be better . I mean if you think football is fine as it is fair dos . It isn’t though , it’s rubbish 

12 hours ago, james o connor said:

It would be amazing if sky collapsed and football went back to a hobby/passion for the working class man . If any good is to come out of this mess I hope it is that 

27 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Who’s losing their jobs ? Sky employees . I wouldn’t wish anyone to lose their job but in the bigger picture the game would be better . I mean if you think football is fine as it is fair dos . It isn’t though , it’s rubbish 

Your first post says it all - the standard of football now is far more superior to what was previously experienced. The working class football fan of the 80s has changed I'm afraid as much as we might all crave for a return to 'them days' they are gone a thing of the past. If we are happy to lose the mantle of the best league in the world then I'm afraid that La Liga, Serie A etc will be more than happy to claim it. We have to move with the times and I'm afraid our club is way behind the times in more ways than one

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Yep

Break up the monopoly - let many broadcasters show it

Lets face it, We have fell out of love with football due to our owner escapades too - not just Sky

The whole fanbase is fed up and this has given us a break from our turmoil, however bad it is I’m actually glad I’m hardly thinking about Wednesday at all

I'm sorry but you don't speak for everyone

Despite Wednesday bringing nowt but misery and years of bad ownership I havent fallen out of love with the club or the game.

You may have but dont assume everyone has.

Football isnt relevant right now and will be paused for as long as is needed. But my passion for it remains

• Like 2

I hope its over soon

Sick of putting sky sports news on 

And seeing Dr Jamie carragher and Dr Gary neville tell everyone how bad this virus is, when they don't have a clue 

34 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

I hope its over soon

Sick of putting sky sports news on 

And seeing Dr Jamie carragher and Dr Gary neville tell everyone how bad this virus is, when they don't have a clue 

Glad it's just not me that keeps putting SSN on even though there is not one bit of sport to talk about!!!

Bad habit 

I've been furloughed by work, I think the clubs should adopt this option I'm sure these poor footballers could struggle their way through on 80% government assured wages (up to £2,500 per month) for the next couple of months.

13 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

I think football is dead.

As Wednesday fans, we have been fleeced worse than most for the capitalistic, idealistic dream of getting to the top... truth is, the country, nay the world over is in a similar boat to us, but no doubt we've had it harder than most.

The number of smaller clubs that have been around for 100+ years that simply won't exist without financial aid over the next few months is staggering. After all this is over, I think people will have a new perspective on life and what is valuable to people.

Wednesday provides a community for people, and that feeling is invaluable. But after all this, I'm not sure as many people will be able to condone supporting a business structure that promotes such an unsustainable and unethical practice. Football is rotten to the core, and it has felt for some time like there has been a degradation in people's love of the game in its current guise. Perhaps, once all this is over and a new perspective is reached, football as we know it will be rejected by many that would never have dreamed of doing so. 

8961A29B-362F-48E1-B763-F4BBEA92ECD3.gif.cdfff6d7c9f2eec8e539db0f9a2d8f69.gif

I gave up watching 3 or 4 years ago after realising the game was being ruined by greed, overpaid unloyal players, not just at wednesday, but all teams.

Paid tens of thousands a week, while we work for a pittance, then clubs add huge admission  prices and we are treated like cattle at grounds.

Most footballers are overpaid posers, who dont give a dam about the club or the supporters 

10 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

Your first post says it all - the standard of football now is far more superior to what was previously experienced. The working class football fan of the 80s has changed I'm afraid as much as we might all crave for a return to 'them days' they are gone a thing of the past. If we are happy to lose the mantle of the best league in the world then I'm afraid that La Liga, Serie A etc will be more than happy to claim it. We have to move with the times and I'm afraid our club is way behind the times in more ways than one

Still struggling how it would be mass job loses though aren’t we ? I couldn’t care less about ‘the best league in the world’ tag . The premier league is an utter bore fest . Yes I agree the ability to pass backwards is superior and Liverpool and Manchester City’s ability to trounce virtually everybody else is impressive but again it’s boring . 

Wednesday will only continue to lag further and further behind The way things are which for me can never be a good thing 

13 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

I'm sorry but you don't speak for everyone

Despite Wednesday bringing nowt but misery and years of bad ownership I havent fallen out of love with the club or the game.

You may have but dont assume everyone has.

Football isnt relevant right now and will be paused for as long as is needed. But my passion for it remains

He might not speak for everyone but he speaks for a lot of fans I know and talk to

It's been bliss not having Wednesday finding different ways to f..k up our weekend 

Do miss the rest of the footy though 

On 23/03/2020 at 23:55, Bukta said:

It’s over. The restrictions are too tight. You can’t have a separate set of isolating rules for football. And they should all be on 80% of £2500 a month. 

Absolutely...why are they any different?? They’ve been laid off from their jobs like the rest of us. 

12 hours ago, Strings said:

I've been furloughed by work, I think the clubs should adopt this option I'm sure these poor footballers could struggle their way through on 80% government assured wages (up to £2,500 per month) for the next couple of months.

Every PL footballer should be able to and if they can’t, they want to be asking themselves why!!! 

it’s some of  the L1 & L2 players that will struggle as quite a lot of their wages will be no different to the common man...they will be in a similar position to a lot of people. I think the average wage in L2 is around £50k per year. 

4 hours ago, james o connor said:

Still struggling how it would be mass job loses though aren’t we ? I couldn’t care less about ‘the best league in the world’ tag . The premier league is an utter bore fest . Yes I agree the ability to pass backwards is superior and Liverpool and Manchester City’s ability to trounce virtually everybody else is impressive but again it’s boring . 

Wednesday will only continue to lag further and further behind The way things are which for me can never be a good thing 

So a firm goes busy and people lose their job, that’s mass job losses 

• Like 2