For me, this proves football is ruined

3 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

More chance of seeing Lord Lucan riding shergar into a maccies

Correct.

China took over 3 months to get things almost under control. They are just starting to relax their isolation rules....slightly.

Chinese people do as they are told.

British people...generally..do not.

It will take us twice as long before anything even starts to get back to anything like normal. 6 months...minimum. 

1 minute ago, trev said:

Correct.

China took over 3 months to get things almost under control. They are just starting to relax their isolation rules....slightly.

It will take us twice as long before anything even starts to get back to anything like normal. 6 months...minimum. 

I think by end April we will be back to how we were a week ago with (hopefully) people being more vigilant but

without the lockdown rules..

I think we are looking at September minimum before any kind of normality is resumed..

But really none of us has a clue! Don't know why i've posted it tbh!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

I think by end April we will be back to how we were a week ago with (hopefully) people being more vigilant but

I think we are looking at September minimum before any kind of normality is resumed..

True.

Sod it I'm having a beer.

8 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

By the end of April ? I'll have a double of what you've been drinking. By the end of April we will be in a position Italy are in now.

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

By the end of April ? I'll have a double of what you've been drinking. By the end of April we will be in a position Italy are in now.

Like i said, none of has a clue.

Next stage is to see what transpires in 3 weeks. If the current lockdown is extended and for what period.

We need the testing kits ASAP.

5 minutes ago, Bob said:

Worse.

They need to do what they did to northern Italy and cut off London...now.

London is going to be the downfall of the entire country and those plucky londeners don't listen to anyone or anything. They know best.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, trev said:

Correct.

Chinese people eat manky bats, also live and work in disgusting environments too 

Out of the two nations i'd back us overall 

19 minutes ago, torres said:

Chinese people eat manky bats, also live and work in disgusting environments too 

Out of the two nations i'd back us overall 

Hope you are right, but Italy and Spain are probing the opposite.

Just now, trev said:

Hope you are right, but Italy and Spain are probing the opposite.

Where Italy was hit worst was a huge elderly population congregated in a tiny area.

While i agree, caution needs to be taken, i think we are in a far superior state to most 

I think football is dead.

As Wednesday fans, we have been fleeced worse than most for the capitalistic, idealistic dream of getting to the top... truth is, the country, nay the world over is in a similar boat to us, but no doubt we've had it harder than most.

The number of smaller clubs that have been around for 100+ years that simply won't exist without financial aid over the next few months is staggering. After all this is over, I think people will have a new perspective on life and what is valuable to people.

Wednesday provides a community for people, and that feeling is invaluable. But after all this, I'm not sure as many people will be able to condone supporting a business structure that promotes such an unsustainable and unethical practice. Football is rotten to the core, and it has felt for some time like there has been a degradation in people's love of the game in its current guise. Perhaps, once all this is over and a new perspective is reached, football as we know it will be rejected by many that would never have dreamed of doing so. 

10 minutes ago, torres said:

Where Italy was hit worst was a huge elderly population congregated in a tiny area.

While i agree, caution needs to be taken, i think we are in a far superior state to most 

I'm pretty sure we will all be saved by medicine tbh.

Read this morning they are doing mass worldwide trials this week on 4 different drugs which have all (in smaller test cases) shown to be effective against covid-19. Either in slowing symptoms or stopping the virus from spreading once in a host.

These drugs are all existing drugs used for other things such as SARS  or MERS or HIV. So they are already known to be safe to use for humans.

Which obviously speeds up the process massively.

Fingers crossed this will be the silver bullet to at least slow this thing down.

Edited by trev

15 minutes ago, trev said:

I'm pretty sure we will all be saved by medicine tbh.

Read this morning they are doing mass worldwide trials this week on 4 different drugs which have all (in smaller test cases) shown to be effective against covid-19. Either in slowing symptoms or stopping the virus from spreading once in a host.

These drugs are all existing drugs used for other things such as SARS  or MERS or HIV. So they are already known to be safe to use for humans.

Which obviously speeds up the process massively.

Fingers crossed this will be the silver bullet to at least slow this thing down.

Yeah the ozzies had already started testing on a malaria stopper and an HIV one over a week ago , neither are used anymore as malaria is now pretty resistant to one and better HIV ones are now available , but in a lab they both totally wiped out corona . Hopefully it does the same in humans 

• Like 2

Where we are now just reminds us the people in society who provide real value; doctors, nurses, carers, those who produce and delivery food etc. Suddenly £100k per week footballers have little economic value.

I hope we look at this a bit more as a society when the crisis is over.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Highbury Owl said:

Where we are now just reminds us the people in society who provide real value; doctors, nurses, carers, those who produce and delivery food etc. Suddenly £100k per week footballers have little economic value.

Very short term that is an obvious statement 

Long term the reverse is true 

1 hour ago, Highbury Owl said:

Would love that to be the truth, but as soon as this is over all the people who are important now will soon be forgotten again

1 hour ago, cross owl said:

Yeah the ozzies had already started testing on a malaria stopper and an HIV one over a week ago , neither are used anymore as malaria is now pretty resistant to one and better HIV ones are now available , but in a lab they both totally wiped out corona . Hopefully it does the same in humans 

Then we all die of malaria lol 

6 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Yep

Break up the monopoly - let many broadcasters show it

Lets face it, We have fell out of love with football due to our owner escapades too - not just Sky

The whole fanbase is fed up and this has given us a break from our turmoil, however bad it is I’m actually glad I’m hardly thinking about Wednesday at all

Agree with you 100/%.What a refreshing change it is to get away from the PL and enable us to concentrate on far more important things.:tango:

34 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Then we all die of malaria lol 

Nah they have a super fandango malaria tablet now that stops it in its tracks , hopefully they can wheel the old malaria tablet out of retirement and it can do a job for us :tango: