BREAKING: All games suspended until 3 April "at the earliest" [Update: full EFL statement in OP]

8 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

One of the drivers behind pushing the space race, getting out there to find other places to live.

There’s a rumour we’ve already cracked space travel, that UFOs have actually been built here on Earth by us mere humans, and we’re already out there in the Universe exploring.

I’m prepared to listen to anything and keep my mind open to all these theories. You just never know nowadays, who’d have thought we’d be looking at a Pandemic for real.

I just hope it collapses soon like the swine and bird flu. Apparently Wuhan City, is the epicentre of the virus outbreak, in Hubei province in China and they have had only 5 new reported incidents for two days in a row now, which was previously 10 or more, per day. So they are hopefully bottoming out, but as this was first reported in December, as I said earlier, it is likely to take several months before we have no new reported cases in the UK and any changes to the isolating, or extra care being taken and it could just blow up again and carry on like that until we have an antidote, or te virus mutates into something hopefully less contagious and less harmful. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Season will be null and void.

Absolutely gutted for the Blunts and Leeds.

Such bad luck.

The bigger question is will this count as one of the FFP years ? ground sale wiped out and court case dropped?

Edited by agentwalker

4 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I just hope it collapses soon like the swine and bird flu. Apparently Wuhan City, is the epicentre of the virus outbreak, in Hubei province in China and they have had only 5 new reported incidents for two days in a row now, which was previously 10 or more, per day. So they are hopefully bottoming out, but as this was first reported in December, as I said earlier, it is likely to take several months before we have no new reported cases in the UK and any changes to the isolating, or extra care being taken and it could just blow up again and carry on like that until we have an antidote, or te virus mutates into something hopefully less contagious and less harmful. 

You might be interested in following this series of YouTube vids if like me, you’re keeping up with all this stuff........

'I'm underwhelmed by the government's response' - Nigel Pearson

Watford manager Nigel Pearson says the UK government has shown a 'lack of leadership' in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

He was specifically referring to Prime Minister Boris Johnson's press conference on Thursday.

Pearson said: "I was totally underwhelmed by the lack of leadership and clear message in terms of what was said in that press conference." 

"I think it's important that we are proactive and that hopefully the Premier League will make stong decision based on what is right for everybody.

"We've told all the players and training ground staff to stay at home, as a precaution."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Does it mean Liverpool don't win the League but are still Champions of Europe if the season is cancelled? And do we stay up and Leeds don't go up? :ghoulguy:

We must've known at Christmas, that's why we've been saving ourselves for next season. :ph34r:lol

I think it may have started on one of our team building nights out at Spearmint Rhino! There was a hushed up story about a virus in the camp, just before they all started playing in slow motion and forgetting what a ball looked like!  😷

lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

'I'm underwhelmed by the government's response' - Nigel Pearson

Watford manager Nigel Pearson says the UK government has shown a 'lack of leadership' in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

He was specifically referring to Prime Minister Boris Johnson's press conference on Thursday.

Pearson said: "I was totally underwhelmed by the lack of leadership and clear message in terms of what was said in that press conference." 

"I think it's important that we are proactive and that hopefully the Premier League will make stong decision based on what is right for everybody.

"We've told all the players and training ground staff to stay at home, as a precaution."

Great stuff from Pearson

Edited by scram
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

The bigger question is will this count as one of the FFP years ? ground sale wiped out and court case dropped?

If the season is cancelled now, any charges brought against us THIS season are null and void. :Chansiri:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Guest LittleG
37 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Anyhow Owls Talkers, we’ve got to retain a sense of humour through all this, and look after each other, else we’re cream crackered.

Just saying, don’t stress. Nowt you can do about it anyhow, just go with the flow and keep your fingers crossed.

Heard today that the virus doesn’t last long on surfaces either, but carry on washing your hands anyhow. 

And if you must wear a facemask thingy you need an N95 product endorsed by NIOSH. Others are a waste of time

Face masks don't stop you from getting it; they help in stopping  you from spreading it. Perhaps we should all wear blue and white ones.

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

If the season is cancelled now, any charges brought against us THIS season are null and void. :Chansiri:

That’s how I’ve interpreted it too. Can’t be punished for trying to get an unfair advantage in a competition that no longer exists and let’s face it, they’re going to have to scrap the competition this season.

• Like 1

Celtic should be champions if season cut short - Neil Lennon

Celtic "should be champions" if the Scottish Premiership season cannot be completed, says manager Neil Lennon.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster confirmed on Friday said it was "neither realistic nor possible" to continue amid the coronavirus outbreak.

Lennon - whose side are 13 points clear at the top of the league - described the situation as a "nightmare".

"If it was to stop now I would doubt very much that they would say it was null and void," he added.

"It could be death by a thousand cuts. We have played over 30 games, that's well over two-thirds of the season so we should be declared champions."

4 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Celtic should be champions if season cut short - Neil Lennon

Celtic "should be champions" if the Scottish Premiership season cannot be completed, says manager Neil Lennon.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster confirmed on Friday said it was "neither realistic nor possible" to continue amid the coronavirus outbreak.

Lennon - whose side are 13 points clear at the top of the league - described the situation as a "nightmare".

"If it was to stop now I would doubt very much that they would say it was null and void," he added.

"It could be death by a thousand cuts. We have played over 30 games, that's well over two-thirds of the season so we should be declared champions."

They may as well declare Celtic to be domestic treble winners in Scotland if the season is abandoned in August. :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

They won't declare the season's null and void.

They have to finish the season. Eventually.

But I guess it depends how long that takes. Could be 6 months or more and by then players are out of contract etc. 

Sticky situation but I just can't see them saying the season is void. 

Mostly because I think it would be the funniest thing ever and I am not that lucky.