BREAKING: All games suspended until 3 April "at the earliest" [Update: full EFL statement in OP]

The implications of this could extend to next season and beyond.

End of season dates, and arrangements - they'll have to draw a line under it at some point to give the players a rest for the new season.

They may end up finishing the season with 6-10 games to go. Relegation and promotion may end up in the courts.

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, Mishowl said:

Wouldn't surprise me if the season is played well into the summer and the authorities use it as a chance to reschedule the football calendar to accommodate the Qatar World Cup that's planned for November/December 2022.

Yep.

No way will this season be void.

It has to finish at some point.

Cricket fixtures that end unexpectedly are settled by the Duckworth Lewis Stern ruling...............tough titties to the team that looked like it might have won..................so end the season NOW based on the  Batsoup FooookYoo Klopp ruling..................sorted .

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

This is complete lunacy , you have a 95% higher chance of catching on public transport or doing local shop. 

I would be fascinated to know what independent and peer-reviewed research that you've done or read that not only knows the ideal environmental conditions for transmitting coronavirus, but can actually even quantify it! Truly extraordinary

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I would be fascinated to know what independent and peer-reviewed research that you've done or read that not only knows the ideal environmental conditions for transmitting coronavirus, but can actually even quantify it! Truly extraordinary

The Uncle Eleven School of Revisionism. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The more this Coronavirus goes on, the more ridiculous your beliefs about it will show.

Im not only 1 with my veiw , just heard a few lads saying same to me . Stopping football wont make any difference , locking us up in our home like prisoners for a month might stop it before it spikes again 3 weeks later but that just is impossible. 

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Season ends 

As it stands

We get a 12 point deduction

We're down 

Or give us a smaller deduction knowing we won't go down and all sides are happy? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Enclosed spaces is where u will catch it . Ive never got a cold,virus from going to football . Always,2 days after nightclubs ,public transport.