Wednesday- V- Man City OMDT

Joke of a performance from us.....Embarrassing. Yes City are a great team BUT Monks tactics were idiotic. Never even attempted to have a go. Maybe if we had gone for it then City might have put 4 or 5 past us but at least we would have gone out trying. The only players to come out with any credit was Wildsmith who has proved again that he is better than Dawson and Iorfa who was a rock

Edited by cain

Thing is we haven’t got hammered but tonight has shown the problems we have and a lot of the problems stem from the manager.

Young Hunt showed more in 20 minutes than Pelupessy and Bannan did in the entire 90.

On the plus side, Iorfa played well. Wildsmith played well enough to be given another go but do I have confidence in Monk to pick the right side and tactics at Brentford on Saturday. Sadly, not.

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

Chelsea, Man City. Every time we get these kind of fixtures we look like a pub side on the ball. 

I think it also shows that we've really been no where near good enough for promotion over the last 4 years. Time to rebuild.

Wasn't expecting anything but that was uninspired. Boring football without an attempt to win a knock out game. If theres no motivation to put on a performance against one of the best sides in England then what effort are the players going to put in against regular teams in the league?

This summer needs a full clear out, i'm not sure if Monk needs to be included in that or not. Not hopeful that he would be able to reform a squad to compete for promotion.

So positives Wildsmith played well and on that performance should be starting in the league for me.

Iorfa has a great game as always, Palmer and fox solid, Fessi worked hard for the team.

The negatives the tactics were awful, city were not great but playing an 8-1-1 they didn't have to be.

Solid first half then our tactically genius Monk bring on calamity Lees and we concede shortly after, Bannan was truly awful and how he keeps being pick only monk knows.

Fletcher does not look fit and what has happen to Rhodes and Winnall surely they are at least worthy of a place in the bench.

Very frustrating night I would rather lose by 2 or 3 than not try to win at all.