Wednesday- V- Man City OMDT

3 minutes ago, cardiffowl06 said:

Wasn't expecting anything but that was uninspired. Boring football without an attempt to win a knock out game. If theres no motivation to put on a performance against one of the best sides in England then what effort are the players going to put in against regular teams in the league?

This summer needs a full clear out, i'm not sure if Monk needs to be included in that or not. Not hopeful that he would be able to reform a squad to compete for promotion.

Monk continues to allow Bannan to play deep so there is no attacking midfield. He has not changed the problems he inherited for the better and has fallen out with players, something Jos was hammered for. 

Can't fault the effort, everyone put in a shift, but not really a contest or a spectacle unless defence v attack is your thing. 

Thought Hunt showed glimpses of promise and didn't look out of place. 

Iorfa was immense and looked every bit a Premier league player against very talented opposition, Fox and Palmer too did well. 

Wildsmith needs to sort his hair out though. 

• Like 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Hope Wildsmith and Hunt both start against Brentford. 

Monk should be made to sit through the commentary we've just had on BBC and realise how poor both some of his tactics were, how useless Pelupessy and da Cruz are. And see all the squandered possession by Bannan attempting too clever stuff. Lee was good until he had to come off, hope it's nothing serious. Same with Börner; I still have no confidence in Lees, just lacks conviction in so much he does. Fessi not physical enough, but offered a lot more pace and skill on the ball than da Cruz did, that was a wrong sub. Good defensively, and great for Wildsmith to get to show how good he is too. But completely lacking in offense. Even that corner in the end Bannan should've sent into the box was some weak-arse poo at the near post... complete waste.

1 minute ago, N0rtherner said:

Monk should be made to sit through the commentary we've just had on BBC and realise how poor both some of his tactics were, how useless Pelupessy and da Cruz are. And see all the squandered possession by Bannan attempting too clever stuff. Lee was good until he had to come off, hope it's nothing serious. Same with Börner; I still have no confidence in Lees, just lacks conviction in so much he does. Fessi not physical enough, but offered a lot more pace and skill on the ball than da Cruz did, that was a wrong sub. Good defensively, and great for Wildsmith to get to show how good he is too. But completely lacking in offense. Even that corner in the end Bannan should've sent into the box was some weak-arse poo at the near post... complete waste.

So its Monks fault our players are poo?

Some ridiculous comments tonight. Our players and Monk have to answer some hard questions about our results since the turn of the year but flipping christ what did people expect tonight. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Dead right. A Training exercise for City but our inability to mount attacks and shoot against a strolling team showed how feeble we are. FF should have stayed on-these are the kind of opponents to challenge him to play

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Some ridiculous comments tonight. Our players and Monk have to answer some hard questions about our results since the turn of the year but flipping christ what did people expect tonight. 

I agree, but a shot on goal would have been nice. 

7 minutes ago, Stoop said:

People are being harsh on Monk tonight 

Our midfield to a man is absolutely atrocious, what’s he suppost to do?

Stop playing the useless pelupessy and the whiny thingy Bannan, give anyone a chance other than these two they should be no where near the first team but Bannan continues to suck up to monk so plays every game.

iorfa spent more time in cities that Bannan tonight.

Time for a clear out get rid of Lees, Bannan, Pelpessy let's get some passion, pride and work rate in the team.

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

No, it's Monk's fault for selecting Pelupessy. If it's blatantly obvious to us and you hear the completely undressing assessment he got from BBC commentators, then Monk needs to hear it from somewhere. Yes, others were poor too, but Pelupessy is invisible and that's even worse, it's like we're playing with 10 men and you won't have a good midfield or possession when he's on the pitch. Needs to go. Hutch should be played; or at least when we're back in league games, Windass, Lee, Hunt, Bannan, Luongo/Reach (when back from injury).

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

I agree, but a shot on goal would have been nice. 

I think the players have shown enough over the last few months that they are nowhere near good enough. Why people thought they might suddenly acheive one of the greatest shocks of our generation surprises me a bit. 

So if we'd have had 1 shot on goal suddenly fans would be happy and satisfied even if we'd lost. 

I 100% get anger and frustration but this game is the least ive been angry and frustrated for a long time.