Wednesday- V- Man City OMDT

Just now, N0rtherner said:

No, it's Monk's fault for selecting Pelupessy. If it's blatantly obvious to us and you hear the completely undressing assessment he got from BBC commentators, then Monk needs to hear it from somewhere. Yes, others were poor too, but Pelupessy is invisible and that's even worse, it's like we're playing with 10 men and you won't have a good midfield or possession when he's on the pitch. Needs to go. Hutch should be played; or at least when we're back in league games, Windass, Lee, Hunt, Bannan, Luongo/Reach (when back from injury).

Its not like we had any other player to choose. Would you have started Alwx Hunt? Windass suspended, Luongo and Reach injured. Hutchinson can do one for me. 

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I think the players have shown enough over the last few months that they are nowhere near good enough. Why people thought they might suddenly acheive one of the greatest shocks of our generation surprises me a bit. 

So if we'd have had 1 shot on goal suddenly fans would be happy and satisfied even if we'd lost. 

I 100% get anger and frustration but this game is the least ive been angry and frustrated for a long time. 

Understand that-resigned to struggling against those opponents. But it's the inability to mount a convincing attack that grates

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Its not like we had any other player to choose. Would you have started Alwx Hunt? Windass suspended, Luongo and Reach injured. Hutchinson can do one for me. 

Agreed 

A starving man will eat rats if there’s nothing else available. It doesn’t mean he enjoys the taste of rat.... errr... or summat

:duntmatter: 

Edited by Stoop
  • Haha 1

As has been said thousands of times before this squad is an ageing, pedestrian and unbalanced squad.

I hear the harsh Monk comments from some and in all fairness he’s inherited the vast majority of this squad.

That said he has frozen out arguably his best keeper and defensive midfielder and let’s be honest this team is not strong enough to be without these two players regardless of whatever issues have caused them to be left out.

I have no confidence in Monk at all. Regardless of players available I don’t think he would recognise attacking fast paced positive football if it bit him on the ar$e. The sooner he goes the better but at the same time you wouldn’t trust Chansiri/Paxaio to bring in the right replacement?

Yes, whatever is going on at the club, I'd still have all players be available to play and not freeze anyone out. Hutchinson could've done a far better job defensively in midfield than Pelupessy did. Alex Hunt on as a sub, just as he was brought on. Then again, he was one of the few who is held down by all this defensive crap, and maybe he should've been given the chance from the off. Could've been interesting, him over Pelupessy. When K Lee got injured, drop da Cruz to his spot and sub on another forward like Nuhiu to hold up the play and give us a little breather.

Of course, hindsight is very nice to have :P

Guest Bulgaria

Only disappointed we didn't have more of a go in the last 5-10 minutes.

We are just so slow in everything we do.

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

As has been said thousands of times before this squad is an ageing, pedestrian and unbalanced squad.

I hear the harsh Monk comments from some and in all fairness he’s inherited the vast majority of this squad.

That said he has frozen out arguably his best keeper and defensive midfielder and let’s be honest this team is not strong enough to be without these two players regardless of whatever issues have caused them to be left out.

I have no confidence in Monk at all. Regardless of players available I don’t think he would recognise attacking fast paced positive football if it bit him on the ar$e. The sooner he goes the better but at the same time you wouldn’t trust Chansiri/Paxaio to bring in the right replacement?

Pedestrian football from us even in the Championship. Fletcher the only attacker with any idea and he's never been a heavy goalscorer and FF's decline has been the biggest problem. 

3 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Agree about everything other than the freezing out of WW and SH. Its about time we moved on from these players who've been here too long. Funny how two managers have dropped the same two players. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, victorturner said:

Pedestrian football from us even in the Championship. Fletcher the only attacker with any idea and he's never been a heavy goalscorer and FF's decline has been the biggest problem. 

FF was knackered after 35 mins.

Not acceptable. 

Agree about everything other than the freezing out of WW and SH. Its about time we moved on from these players who've been here too long. Funny how two managers have dropped the same two players. 

It should be possible to not pick them without despatching them to the U 23's. That is humiliating for veteran players and in keeping with GM falling out with big players at previous clubs. That provides the unhealthy dressing room he talks about avoiding

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Totally understand where you are coming from but I don’t think we can afford to discard them for the rest of this season given what’s at stake.

Long term we need a fresh approach. Only Iorfa, Borner, Luongo and perhaps Fletcher should be persevered with IMO. I know some would keep Palmer and Fox but I think we need a lot more going forward from our full-backs than they currently give.

Perhaps Hunt, Urgohide et al will push on next season but it would be a gamble but one we might have to take?

19 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

No, it's Monk's fault for selecting Pelupessy. If it's blatantly obvious to us and you hear the completely undressing assessment he got from BBC commentators, then Monk needs to hear it from somewhere. Yes, others were poor too, but Pelupessy is invisible and that's even worse, it's like we're playing with 10 men and you won't have a good midfield or possession when he's on the pitch. Needs to go. Hutch should be played; or at least when we're back in league games, Windass, Lee, Hunt, Bannan, Luongo/Reach (when back from injury).

How he came to be the only recruit Jos was allowed in his first half season remains a mystery.

Edited by victorturner