My First ITK

1 hour ago, pat blondeau said:

How did Sheffield 5 Limited buy the stadium when that company wasn’t incorporated until 24 June 2019?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12066053

Can you backdate a sale to 12 months before the buying company was incorporated?

1 hour ago, Striggy said:

Think this has been covered many times by our OT accountants, sure MKOWL will explain again or you could read back through all the Ground sale topics

To be fair, can't blame the bloke for having missed it in those many-page threads from a while back.

Think the long and short of it (this will be an incredibly layman's summary :biggrin:) is that it's technically OK in accounting terms. Despite what you'd intuitively think!

• Thanks 1

Just now, StudentOwl said:

To be fair, can't blame the bloke for having missed it in those many-page threads from a while back.

Think the long and short of it (this will be an incredibly layman's summary :biggrin:) is that it's technically OK in accounting terms. Despite what you'd intuitively think!

:biggrin: yeah bit tongue in cheek suggesting Pat read all the numerous threads on the issue.  Accountancy is akin to sorcery so sure they cast a spell and backdated the sale, although technically they did not back date it, they accounted for it in advance.

• Thanks 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

5 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

And in 2 months time, if we get a points deduction, we could be relegated to League One.

What's that about higher standards?

That questionnaire from Spring 2018 was a big faux-pas.  I think even t'old DC himself would admit that was a mistake.

That will be DC's line next season when we're hosting league games against the likes of Shrewsbury, Fleetwood, Crewe & Accrington.

You've inadvertently come up with some future Chansiri PR gold there.  Congratulations.

How do we attract better players with a smaller  player budget? 

I don't get this argument that the smaller our player budget it will be better for us. 

8 hours ago, jamiejohn said:

Still think the stoke result led to our bad run, our weak minded players let it affect them too much and it became an ongoing problem. If they have been forewarned of a deduction they should have dug in and made it less of a problem but again weak minded 

It was like when we a lost 3-1 lead in injury time at derby .. finished 3-3 .... we never recovered... and went down that season too !!!!! 😳

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

It is in the July 18 accounts - within the debtors note. 

This will in fact be shown as due from Sheffield 5 Limited - the company that I believe bought the stadium.

But let's not forget DC is owed about the same from the funding of the Clubs losses. So he could play musical chairs with the loans to clear them or indeed simply write them off. Perfectly legit - an option for one of my clients fairly soon post a forthcoming re-structure 

He might just pay down that debt as the route to fund the Club 

Someone on here who understands how money is moved in big businesses wonders will never cease

10 hours ago, kingsidney said:

No ones talking about walking away. Selling up is completely different. 

Ah OK sorry i must have missed the queue of buyers lined up round the block, I just think if the vitriol & abuse both on here & other social media continues he might just think fizz it I'm off.

• Like 1

Just now, kirksandallowl said:

Ah OK sorry i must have missed the queue of buyers lined up round the block, I just think if the vitriol & abuse both on here & other social media continues he might just think fizz it I'm off.

you could literally copy and paste all the above and apply it to every time a chairman has been challenged over the years

from Dave Allen to Chansiri it’s literally word for word the the same cliche that always gets trotted out

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

🤦🏽‍♂️ Yeah because losing 100million quid in a little tantrum is better than selling up and recouping some money. 

grow up ffs. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I agree in someways Sheffield United got lucky with appointing Wilder.

But during his time they make sure they do they homework on potential signings.
You are never going to get everyone signing right but by doing this you make sure you keep mistakes to a minimum.

We on the other hand in the 2016/17 season signed players as they sounded good and a 'gift to the fans'

Yes,he said he looks at snips of players on you tube,then asks agents what their personalities are like.He has also signed approx. 50 players most of which have been garbage or only good for 1 season or so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

How did Sheffield 5 Limited buy the stadium when that company wasn’t incorporated until 24 June 2019?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12066053

Can you backdate a sale to 12 months before the buying company was incorporated?

In brief under company law it's possible for the person setting up a new company to agree a contract on behalf of a company they are setting up in the future.

Part of the condition of contact can be that company being set up will be the party completing the purchase.

May explain why the accounts were signed off late, the auditors may have been happy that the contract signed before 31.7.18 transferred the risks and rewards of ownership at the date of contract (hence including sale in 31.7.18 accounts) but may have wanted that term of contract (incorporation on Sheffield 5) to be completed before signing off the audit report

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

you could literally copy and paste all the above and apply it to every time a chairman has been challenged over the years

from Dave Allen to Chansiri it’s literally word for word the the same cliche that always gets trotted out

Its all gone a bit above being challenged though hasn't it?

17 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

🤦🏽‍♂️ Yeah because losing 100million quid in a little tantrum is better than selling up and recouping some money. 

grow up ffs. 

Maybe its the so called supporter send him and his family abuse on social media that need to grow up ffs?

5 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Is Wickham linked to Doyen, then?

Nope. Typical bullshit post with literally zero basis in fact.

He's with Stellar Football Ltd. Their clients include Bale, Saul, Chilwell, Sigurdsson, Ward-Prowse, Tierney and Shaw. 

I very much doubt they need to send someone on loan just to drum up interest in one of their clients.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It’s true though mate

Im not saying it to be clever

Literally word for word, the same cliches get trotted out when a chairman is challenged or under pressure

So you think the current level personal abuse the chairman & his family is receiving is an acceptable way of challenging him?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

So you think the current level personal abuse the chairman & his family is receiving is an acceptable way of challenging him?

My initial reply would be for you to show me any examples of abuse that’s being thrown the chairman/his families way

Ive personally not seen any

ps this is usually the part where no abuse can be shown, only fans questioning and challenging the chairman and his strategy 

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

My initial reply would be for you to show me any examples of abuse that’s being thrown the chairman/his families way

Ive personally not seen any

Ah the Arsene Wenger defense, I've not seen "Literally word for word, the same cliches get trotted out when a chairman is challenged or under pressure" either.  I'm not saying everything he's done is great or correct, i just think more constructive criticism than "fizz off out of our club" and the like might be a better way to go about improving things, but what do I know.