My First ITK

3 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

Not a fan of Chansiri - "evil little f**ker" was the exact phrase.

I’d love to know on what grounds anyone would level an accusation like that about DC,  say many things about him and have opinions on the errors he’s made but having met and spoken to DC myself and been familiar with people who deal with him on a regular basis, that in my experience is an absolutely outrageous accusation 

35 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Agreed - always said given the vested interest from various professionals here that I can't believe they would put reputations at stake without considerable evidence. 

And that if the EFL think they know best there will be a fight as a result not just by the Club.

It is very different arguing about the "market value" compared to the timing of recognising a transactiom

If it wasn't Sheffield Wednesday involved I would be fascinated to see how it played out if it came to it regarding defence of the charges. 

As it is hope arbitration goes in our favour band issue doesn't go that far! 

Still find it funny that some just think we decided to sell in July 2019 and then back date the sale, rather than this was reason accounting period was extended in first place to get this sorted.

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

Guest mkowl
45 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

If it wasn't Sheffield Wednesday involved I would be fascinated to see how it played out if it came to it regarding defence of the charges. 

As it is hope arbitration goes in our favour band issue doesn't go that far! 

Still find it funny that some just think we decided to sell in July 2019 and then back date the sale, rather than this was reason accounting period was extended in first place to get this sorted.

Well yes I certainly have a professional intrigue in all this - it is interesting I have run the scenario past a couple of accounting colleagues and it raises eyebrows to say the least. 

But as stated without access to the documents its beard stroking at best but also the ramifications if the EFL are able to prove this was alchemy would be quite significant for those involved beyond the Club itself. 

Why i am positive in certain respects but absolutely would not want to be in others shoes. Part of me wonders if PI insurers are already at play beefing up the legal ante against the EFL - to stop a potential claim before it even materialises 

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

I’d love to know on what grounds anyone would level an accusation like that about DC,  say many things about him and have opinions on the errors he’s made but having met and spoken to DC myself and been familiar with people who deal with him on a regular basis, that in my experience is an absolutely outrageous accusation 

Shhhh nobody is abusing him apparently 

On 02/03/2020 at 08:15, ChinaOwl said:

I guess Monk's first move then should be handing the captain's armband to Fletcher and sitting down together to sort the mess at first team level. After Saturday's performance, Monk has the perfect opportunity to do just that.

Fletcher is absolutely the right man to be the captain. 

1 hour ago, kirksandallowl said:

Shhhh nobody is abusing him apparently 

Abuse just seems to be accepted but I ain’t even bothered about that, if we’re calling him for errors made on the running of the club that’s fair cop I suppose 

But .... ‘evil f#kr’ ??   Bizarre 

13 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I'm asking genuine questions  if we have reduce our ticket prices how do we make up the shortfall? 

People have suggested various ways of making up the difference but those have  not worked in the past and if they had why wouldn't DC carry on doing it? Just doesn't make logical sense to me. 

The trading of players is where we have slipped up but apart from Joao have we had any genuine sellable assets? Cetainly not enough to make a signicant difference. 

I'm more than happy to go down the path of lower prices but not seen

any models which would make up the shortfall. 

He will be forced to go down the road of lower prices due to supply and demand which is scary. 

I still believe that we had success to early in the first two seasons he had to go for it when the opportunity arose. That derailed evolution of the club. 

The bit in bold is where you've answered your own question about making up the shortfall.

The majority of our player's saleability isn't great at the moment.  That's because the club have allowed assets to depreciate in value to the point where over half of our first team squad are out of contract at the end of this season.  It's an unbelievably poor business model.

Run the club like a business, get a decent infrastructure put in place, buy young hungry players, frequently sell for a profit when the time is right, replace & repeat.

Look at the likes of Brentford, Preston North End, Bristol City.  They're all doing it correctly.

It's hardly rocket science.

3 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

The bit in bold is where you've answered your own question about making up the shortfall.

The majority of our player's saleability isn't great at the moment.  That's because the club have allowed assets to depreciate in value to the point where over half of our first team squad are out of contract at the end of this season.  It's an unbelievably poor business model.

Run the club like a business, get a decent infrastructure put in place, buy young hungry players, frequently sell for a profit when the time is right, replace & repeat.

Look at the likes of Brentford, Preston North End, Bristol City.  They're all doing it correctly.

It's hardly rocket science.

You mention three clubs there and yes they might be well run but they ain't going anywhere, DC came in with the aim to get us to the Prem, doing what these clubs do won't achieve that.

7 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

You mention three clubs there and yes they might be well run but they ain't going anywhere, DC came in with the aim to get us to the Prem, doing what these clubs do won't achieve that.

All of them have a better chance than us.

Our target is to avoid relegation.

7 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Are you assuming that the aim of the said three clubs is NOT to reach the Premier League? Perhaps they too want to play in the PL but also run their clubs in a competent and sustainable manner.

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

Are you assuming that the aim of the said three clubs is NOT to reach the Premier League? Perhaps they too want to play in the PL but also run their clubs in a competent and sustainable manner.

I'm assuming they are happy to be sustainable at the level they are at, they might get lucky one time and achieve it but its unlikely, if DC who is potentially worth millions had breezed into the club with this pragmatic approach our fans would have gone ballistic, your only speaking now with hindsight after the initial gamble faded.

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

I'm assuming they are happy to be sustainable at the level they are at, they might get lucky one time and achieve it but its unlikely, if DC who is potentially worth millions had breezed into the club with this pragmatic approach our fans would have gone ballistic, your only speaking now with hindsight after the initial gamble faded.

There is a halfway house between a pragmatic approach and a reckless gamble. DC could have used his financial resources to improve on the models set by clubs like Brentford but still maintained a steady turnover over players thus self financing new signings.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Yeah, not like us- we're going places!

Like Swindon, for the first game of next season...

22 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I bet all 3 of those clubs have a better chance of being in the Premier League int he next 5 years than Wednesday do.
Also if you get your infrastructure right you have more chance of staying in the Premier League one you get there.
Think if Wednesday did manage to beat Hull at Wembley in 2016 by 2020 we would have been in the same position we are now with our throw money at it strategy.